Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the frustrating part. I received a text about 2 weeks ago from Tesla that they were preparing for my upcoming delivery (my EDD was Jan 10th-24th) with explanations on touch-less delivery and also asked if I had any changes to make. So I changed from cash to 3rd party loan, got pre-approved so everything was setup because I thought things were moving and close. Then yesterday my EDD changed to Feb 18th-March 18th.
I have the exact date range as of today morning. Yesterday it just said "February". This is so frustrating...

That’s the frustrating part. I received a text about 2 weeks ago from Tesla that they were preparing for my upcoming delivery (my EDD was Jan 10th-24th) with explanations on touch-less delivery and also asked if I had any changes to make. So I changed from cash to 3rd party loan, got pre-approved so everything was setup because I thought things were moving and close. Then yesterday my EDD changed to Feb 18th-March 18th.
Was a VIN assigned to you? I guess I would wait until one was assigned to apply for financing.

Is the best method selecting Cash as your payment and then once a VIN is assigned, ask Tesla to reset it?

I *almost* want to get a peek behind the curtains at the production/inventory/delivery software Tesla is running more than I want my M3. There’s definitely a method to the madness and some subtle patterns out there, but I would love to know how they decide on production serials and how big they are. Our MY was super smooth from start to finish, but that was a mid-quarter purchase. They are clearly prioritizing the farther reaches of their orders first, but have to wonder if the Giga Berlin delays coupled with Austin coming on line aren’t tweaking out the order sorting and matching algos…these order windows are behaving exactly like a BI brain that isn’t *quite* sure that it knows what it’s saying.

There's no rhyme or reason. There are so many variables at play (regions, supply, labor, VIP orders, etc).

Hello, first post here. I hope I get my jargon right (haha0
Order Date 12/30/2021
EDD 1: Feb 17-Mar 17
EDD 2: Jan 28-Feb 25
I loved that but this morning, it went to
EDD 3: Feb 18-Mar 18

Black/White/19" tires/FSD
hoping it's Feb and not Mar, would love it if built in Texas but I'm sure there's no chance in the world. Just wanted to join the crowd and maybe get an idea of the wait/delivery times others are experiencing. I'm so new to this Tesla ordering thing, I don't even know an SA's phone number.

Hello!
Welcome to the forum. New member here in Texas also. Ordered my first Tesla 1/9 and app shows EDD of March 11- March 31 in Fort Worth. Been checking my app 10 times a day for any updates.

Reactions: Choncho and Crany
Rollercoaster continues.

M3LR Blue/Black/18”/No FSD
OD: Sept 7, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: October
9/7 EDD: Oct 22-Nov 21
10/23 EDD: Nov 4-Dec 2
10/29 Hold Placed
12/19 Hold Released
12/20 EDD: Jan 8-Feb 5
12/24 EDD: Jan 4-Jan 18
12/29 EDD: Jan 4-Feb 1
12/31 EDD: Jan 9-Jan 23
1/10 EDD: Jan 22-Feb 19
1/12 EDD: Jan 23-Feb 4

Rollercoaster continues.

M3LR Blue/Black/18”/No FSD
OD: Sept 7, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: October
9/7 EDD: Oct 22-Nov 21
10/23 EDD: Nov 4-Dec 2
10/29 Hold Placed
12/19 Hold Released
12/20 EDD: Jan 8-Feb 5
12/24 EDD: Jan 4-Jan 18
12/29 EDD: Jan 4-Feb 1
12/31 EDD: Jan 9-Jan 23
1/10 EDD: Jan 22-Feb 19
1/12 EDD: Jan 23-Feb 4
At least you're down to a 2 week window. So that's progress. Did you get a VIN yet?

Hi All,
Looking forward to joining you all in a Tesla Model 3 in the near future. Aside from refreshing the app on a near hourly basis :oops:and also refreshing this forum, here is my timeline:

M3LR MSM/White/18”/No FSD
OD: Dec 14th, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Feb
12/14 EDD: Feb
12/15 EDD: 01/23 - 02/20
12/28 EDD: 01/10 - 02/07 <-- Was so pumped
01/03 EDD: 01/20 - 02/03 <-- Back to waiting

Since then, no further updates. Hoping to get delivery by EOM.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Hi All,
Looking forward to joining you all in a Tesla Model 3 in the near future. Aside from refreshing the app on a near hourly basis :oops:and also refreshing this forum, here is my timeline:

M3LR MSM/White/18”/No FSD
OD: Dec 14th, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Feb
12/14 EDD: Feb
12/15 EDD: 01/23 - 02/20
12/28 EDD: 01/10 - 02/07 <-- Was so pumped
01/03 EDD: 01/20 - 02/03 <-- Back to waiting

Since then, no further updates. Hoping to get delivery by EOM.
Your last EDD update is actually good since it is down to a two-week window from a previous four-week window

Reactions: CarlThompson
OD 11/26/21, hold on 12/22, released on 1/1/22 and EDD is 2/13 - 3/13. LR/Blue/White/No FSD Norwell MA delivery. Just throwing my data in here, I am upgrading from a SR+/White/Black/No FSD. FWIW I don't have any issues with my 2021 SR+ just taking advantage of the market.

My EDD seems quite open compared with others who ordered on or close to 11/26

Ordered to Portland Tesla touchless delivery
M3LR MSM/aero wheels/black/no FSD

Original EDD on 11/26
1/9-2/9
New EDD on 1/11
1/23-2/20

I don't mind waiting it just seems like others had more updated EDD windows 🤷🏽‍♂️

From everything I've read, this is all playing out the same as in the past. East Coast and part of Midwest done in February and remaining Midwest/West Coast in March. Sprinkle in some outliers as people reject or place holds. If you are EC/MW and you aren't getting a car or narrowed EDD end of February, then might be some cause for concern for those who ordered in Dec. I'm still 2/8-2/9 EDD. I probably won't worry much about it for another 4 weeks.

Reactions: Ashn