Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took the plunge and ordered a 2022 M3 LR/AWD. I've been driving a 2020 Bolt EV since 3/20, but with the battery recall/fire issue, GM bought it out, so I was left driving my pickup truck and watching the gas gauge dive toward E with alarming regularity.

Tesla is quoting me a March delivery date. Does anyone else find that very hard to believe? Really looking forward to driving it though!

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 10.07.16 AM 2.png

Hi,

I ordered my model 3 long range and I was immediately given the delivery window as 20 January - 17 February. I was assured that most likely the actual delivery date would be in the middle of this window at around the first week of February. Now I just logged in to my Tesla account and the window has changed (without any notice to me by email or text message) to 30 January - 27 February.

I was upset with this delay and so I called customer service. The customer service representative told me that it could be delayed even further and there is never any guaranteed date. I could even wait until the summer or the end of the year! Furthermore, that my deposit is nonrefundable regardless of any delays whatsoever.

Is this true what he said? And is it common for the delivery window to keep changing/delaying?

Thanks for your help.

Wolfgang
Yes, unfortunately so, it can be delayed quite a bit. A friend of mine ordered a Red M3LR late September with an estimated delivery of December, right now his EDD is March and even that one is not guaranteed. What I have seen from this thread is that White and MSM seem to move at a reasonable pace, but Blue and Red seem to be a bottleneck and pushed out further, YMMV.

In my case I got a VIN assigned fairly quickly for both White and MSM when I came off my holds but I am again on hold right now since I have a current daily driver and I am in no rush to get the car. I would like to get the 12V Li-Ion battery. I am not concerned whether the processor is Intel or AMD but it looks like AMD and the 12V Li-Ion battery go together.

Last edited:
Hi,

I ordered my model 3 long range and I was immediately given the delivery window as 20 January - 17 February. I was assured that most likely the actual delivery date would be in the middle of this window at around the first week of February. Now I just logged in to my Tesla account and the window has changed (without any notice to me by email or text message) to 30 January - 27 February.

I was upset with this delay and so I called customer service. The customer service representative told me that it could be delayed even further and there is never any guaranteed date. I could even wait until the summer or the end of the year! Furthermore, that my deposit is nonrefundable regardless of any delays whatsoever.

Is this true what he said? And is it common for the delivery window to keep changing/delaying?

Thanks for your help.

Wolfgang
Depending on your location and configuration you could have several more changes. I’m still waiting on a blue one that I ordered early October. To this day I’ve had 6 EDD changes most being push backs. Original EDD was late November to mid December so it’s safe to say they’re struggling to deliver in the original window

Just took the plunge and ordered a 2022 M3 LR/AWD. I've been driving a 2020 Bolt EV since 3/20, but with the battery recall/fire issue, GM bought it out, so I was left driving my pickup truck and watching the gas gauge dive toward E with alarming regularity.

Tesla is quoting me a March delivery date. Does anyone else find that very hard to believe? Really looking forward to driving it though!

View attachment 760100
Congrats! Well I ordered on Jan 16th and my EDD is Feb 28-Mar 28.Based on the conversations in this thread I think it is unlikely that TSLA would meets that. Complete all the required tasks in the app though. It seems, if not completed the EDD clock would not start.

View attachment 760100
March does sound about right for a 3LR. Don't be surprised if it's a bit earlier or later than that though.

View attachment 760100
Nope, not a surprise at all - expect a delivery range of 3-6 months depending on colour/configuration, your location, and how many TMC users place/release their holds and VINs(jk).

View attachment 760100
Very hard indeed, but some people get lucky and somehow get their cars super quick!

Turns out Tesla has a 3 day delivery policy after the car arrives at the pick up location. Applied for the loan after the vin at DCU and DCU agent says it can take a week for me to receive the check, this puts me outside the delivery window. Since the delivery time window was only up 'til Saturday, I must pick up the car or release the vin, I chose to release the vin. I did not request for another hold, but tesla likely put the hold in place to ensure I don't get matched with the same car and causing issues.

Hopefully no one gets put into this dilemma, if you finance through Tesla or have speedy turnaround on financing, it's no issue at all. It's only an issue if you get matched with an inventory car and you're using third party financing that can take some time to receive the check. With the recent covid case spiking, labor shortage is no joke.

Just a FYI.
I had a very different experience. I got my VIN Saturday, applied to DCU Sunday night, called up first thing Monday morning, e-signed the paperwork Monday afternoon, DCU sent me an image of the check and tracking number same day, Tesla received the check today (Tuesday). I did take the agent's advice to have them mail the check directly to Tesla, and perhaps my interest payments are starting a few days earlier than ideal, but that was some speedy turnaround.

Reactions: akajester
Current Pennsylvania (Wexford + Devon) Deliveries For the 2022 Model 3! View attachment 759515
Current Pennsylvania (Wexford + Devon) Deliveries For the 2022 Model 3! View attachment 759515
This is a fast (very fast) moving thread.. explain what?
Current Pennsylvania (Wexford + Devon) Deliveries For the 2022 Model 3!

View attachment 759515
This is a sad state of affairs here in Western Pa. I ordered a M3LR MSM Black aero no FSD Back on 12/16 and the EDD just got pushed back to 2/21 - 3/21. No love here.

• Love
Reactions: In_the_process
MY EDD updated this morning thankfully! It was Feb 07 - March 07 previously. My service advisor said my scheduled build date range is Jan 28th - Jan 30th with a projected delivery of Feb 8th, so it seems she was on to something, at least I hope! Expecting a VIN this weekend.
I don't know how people get such cool service advisors. When I've texted to Tesla, I get "we appreciate your patience" I certainly don't get a scheduled build date.... do you have a VIN yet?

on a side note -- used the tesla site to get a quote on a charger installation, 12k -- couldn't believe it.

then had a local guy come out (they are on the tesla preferred list) and quoted me a much more reasonable 3k (panel upgrade, trenching out to detached garage).

so basically if you're going to get the wall charger installed, don't get a quote through tesla.