Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is a pretty low VIN range, i.e., 152###. The VIN I rejected for a M3LR -White/Black/18" was 158### and build date was Jan 15. Wondering what the next VIN will be they assign to you after your current hold.
Yea, and it also has 29 miles on it unlike traditional 15 miles. My guess is that it's a rejected car but I wasn't too worried. My teslas in the past have all had some issue that were harmlessly resolved.
If they assign me the same car after the hold ends, then I'll take it. It's still heck of a car.

Reactions: lUtriaNt and T4M3
It's been a journey, but I have a delivery appt! OD 11/11/21 MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD. Had a delivery appt in Dec but had to put on hold because of trade in issues (Audi gave me payoff of $56k but was quoting $69k for Tesla to pay off). Took off hold on 1/6 and got EDD Jan 28 - Feb 26. Changed color to white on 1/18 and EDD didn't change. Then I got a vin, 159xxx, and txt from delivery center this past weekend to schedule pickup. Asked delivery person to add trade in which I'm still waiting on. Pickup scheduled for 2/8 in Colorado Springs.

I have an order for an S LR also, which got moved from July to Mar, so was going to cancel the 3 order. The S order is moving farther away again so decided to go forward with the 3.

You should only have your order canceled if you pass up the next car offered that's past the time window in your purchase agreement. And the purchase agreement says "may" cancel so it's not a certainty but they have that option. Good luck to you!
Yea, I'm past the 90 day window too. The next car assigned to me, I must take it or the order get AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED per advisor.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I don't think the 2 week window means anything. I've had 8 updates. Some 2 week windows, one 5 day window, several month long windows. Seems to mean nothing.
As I said, either we will see some VINs, or see a bunch of unhappy people with pushed out EDD's (as has happened many times now - I am on my 5th or 6th) this week.... There are a lot of us with current EDDs of 1/25 or 1/26-2/8 or so. One way or the other, something should happen in the next couple days for all of us with those date ranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvDoss
Has anyone in the Southern part of the US received any higher VIN's that might have the new chip and battery? I have to take my hold off by Jan 27th....or it will be canceled and I doubt they will let me extend it again. My order goes all the way back to August, so the price I have locked in is about 2-3K lower then the current price. My pickup is Charlotte NC. Would really like to have the newer upgrades but not sure its worth the price difference.

M3LR -Blue/Black/19" No FSD
I wanted to quickly respond to this. So, I have the Intel chip and old battery; just picked my M3 up on Saturday. I want to be completely honest, I am seeing absolutely no lag in my system. Hell, it runs faster than my desktop and laptop combined...

If you're going back-and-fourth, I just wanted to offer some perspective on my experience with the "older" chip. Backup camera, Netflix, it all runs fast! I use my signal, the camera pops up immediately...Literally no issues with timing whatsoever.

Hopefully this helped :)

In every company I've worked for accessing and releasing a customer's proprietary information without permission that way would get you instantly fired.

I don't think he released any proprietary information. Simply posted a general statement about PA deliveries from his knowledge.

Anonymous information is they key. 99% of companies will give out all the info they have on you, or anything really as long as it doesn't jeopardize someone privacy.

It would be absolutely a fireable offense if I went ahead and posted full vin's and owner names and all that jazz. I posted relevant anonymous information.

I'm glad you wanted to warn me, but I assure you that what I've released is perfectly acceptable to all parties involved.

Just got a text that my VIN has been assigned! 😃
VIN is 153XXX 😕

I haven't been closely tracking these prefixes, but I'm assuming that puts be squarely in the Intel / standard battery camp, right?

M3LR - MSM Grey / White Interior / Aero / no FSD
Order Date Nov 10 2021 / Previous EDD#5 Feb 3rd - Feb 14th
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX
Most likely Intel. Probably a car someone else rejected. I think the earliest reported Ryzen vin so far is 159xxx. The 161xxx and newer models seem to be consistently Ryzen.

Just got a text that my VIN has been assigned! 😃
VIN is 153XXX 😕

I haven't been closely tracking these prefixes, but I'm assuming that puts be squarely in the Intel / standard battery camp, right?

M3LR - MSM Grey / White Interior / Aero / no FSD
Order Date Nov 10 2021 / Previous EDD#5 Feb 3rd - Feb 14th
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX
Looks like the MSM for 153XXX VIN's are being delivered now. I have MSM/White Order date Nov 8th and same VIN range. I pick up Saturday.

Quote from my SA via text:
Hello again, I was able to look up a couple of things related to your VIN to help you out. It looks like the cars technical birthday was the 12th of January 2022. The car just arrived in Loveland after being transported for about 10 days via train. We have yet to receive any official word from Tesla on any Ryzen chips or different batteries coming in the Model 3, so I cannot be sure on that question as of right now. I hope that helps!

I bet Tesla is telling SAs to not offer that info freely to cut down on refusals. Any ideas?

Is there another easy source for VIN info other than my SA? I do believe this info is available to him. How would I ask in a more specific manner if he is indeed unaware of what to look for?

Last edited: