Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a sad state of affairs here in Western Pa. I ordered a M3LR MSM Black aero no FSD Back on 12/16 and the EDD just got pushed back to 2/21 - 3/21. No love here.
Hello All,

I just got a text from Tesla regarding to trade in an existing vehicle. Does that mean the VIN is close to being assigned?

My Order date is 12/4
EDD 2/4-3/4

Ordered MSM M3 LR /No FSD / 18 Aero wheels/ Black interior
No, I received a similar message shortly after ordering on Nov 27 and still waiting on the VIN. EDD 1/29-2/9

Reactions: TeamGrimes
Hey guys! How long does it take for the EDD to update do you guys think? Currently its say February 16th-March 16th. Kinda tired looking at it every 5 minutes lol. But I am thinking it may either update next week or the week after. Ordered on January 19th.

Just adding my experience here. OD 11/27/2021. LR/White/Black/Aero no FSD. Have had multiple changes in EDD that I haven't kept track of. A few times EDD was late December and then changed. Once got the message to "prepare for delivery" with nothing actionable. Most recently had EDD had EDD 1/26-2/9. This AM changed to 1/29-2/9. I considered buying an inventory car late December, but decided to wait since SA said my car would arrive soon, now those are all gone. Any reason to be optimistic now?
I'm also in NorCal and have the same config as you and ordered a day after you (11/28). I've had the same EDDs and then a few days ago it got pushed (went from 1/25-2/8 to 1/27-2/22). I wouldn't get my hopes up lol.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Hey guys! How long does it take for the EDD to update do you guys think? Currently its say February 16th-March 16th. Kinda tired looking at it every 5 minutes lol. But I am thinking it may either update next week or the week after. Ordered on January 19th.
It can be random, really no pattern to it. Most of the folks in the forum have seen EDD changes during 1-2 days into EDD time range

Quick question. Does the VIN get assigned when the car begins production, or once the car is completely built? My EDD is 1/28-2/10 but I haven’t been assigned a VIN. Does that mean the car MAY be in the process of being built, or has the build process not even started?

being you just ordered a week ago -- i'd settle in and get toasty for another few weeks before expecting any change

You are a good barometer for me. I am also in the Bay Area, you have the exact same config as I (white/black/18/noFSD) and your order date is 2 days earlier (12/8) than mine (12/10). Currently my EDD is 1/27-2/24 and I expect it be pushed back tomorrow just as yours was yesterday! Keep posting your updates so I know what to expect! BTW, if your EDD is truly now "1/28-2/24" then that might be a good sign because it's one day less than the usual 4 weeks.

Since Tesla builds in batches there might be a decent chance that we pick up on the same day. (Fremont, right?) If that happens we should help each other inspect and compare notes!
I'm located in Monterey, so set to pick up in Seaside. :) And for sure, will keep you posted, and please do the same! You may get yours sooner. Honestly really hard to try to guess. And, I am hoping your EDD tomorrow will actually shrink! And that mine does the same Saturday when it's updated again. :) Tomorrow, you will be a barometer for me!

Quick question. Does the VIN get assigned when the car begins production, or once the car is completely built? My EDD is 1/28-2/10 but I haven’t been assigned a VIN. Does that mean the car MAY be in the process of being built, or has the build process not even started?
According to an email I received on 1/12 from an SA, my car is in the process of being built. I still don’t have a vin and my current EDD is 2/8-2/22. OD is 12/5/21. Depending on your OD, which way the wind is blowing, or if mercury is retrograde, your EDD can and likely will change🥴🥴

I ordered exactly one week earlier than you did on January 12. My EDD exactly coincided with your dates above. I received updated EDD yesterday morning: now January 29 - February 7. We are both in the west. Ignoring statistical uncertainty (& I am a statistician), you can expect an update on Ground Hog's Day, February 2nd.

• Funny
Reactions: EvDoss and lUtriaNt
I ordered exactly one week earlier than you did on January 12. My EDD exactly coincided with your dates above. I received updated EDD yesterday morning: now January 29 - February 7. We are both in the west. Ignoring statistical uncertainty (& I am a statistician), you can expect an update on Ground Hog's Day, February 2nd.
wow! that's soon!...wish i had ordered a week earlier (i got nervous "pulling the trigger")

Gotcha! I am kinda expecting sometime next week for a update. Hoping to get it in a few weeks.

Reactions: Paul4343
Well, I've had some activity the last few days. I got a VIN assigned (last 6 digits are 161xxx) about a week ago, with an EDD of Feb 5-9. Yesterday I added a trade-in, and today I got a text asking me to schedule a delivery. So, with any luck, I'll be picking up on Saturday, Feb 5!
I hope this bodes well for everyone in the Ohio Valley!
Congratulations! Based on your timeline , I think I am looking at latest by end of March delivery :D