Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla SA saying that changing my interior color would push me back of the queue and I’d paying any price differential as well….I get the latter (i don’t think there has been a price change in the past month) - but is the former true as well?
You will be paying the price differential for sure. However, I did not change my interior color, but changed my exterior color from White to MSM and it did not affect my place in the queue at all; i.e., I rejected a VIN for White and was assigned a VIN for MSM just two days later.

Please enter configure in reply, People that post “I got AMD or intel” are of no help without config info!
I’m holding M3LR Blue/White interior/ 19” wheels.. anybody receive that config yet with AMD?
It's great to just have your info in your signature once you can (6 posts I think). However, location matters the absolute most. The highest vin delivered in PA as of yesterday is 156...so no AMD yet here, because they take nearly 3 weeks to travel the country.

Very similar current EDD to yours, and I assume I will wake tomorrow with an updated EDD. :(
Yes, totally normal. I am at 1/26 to 2/9 EDD and don't have a VIN. Most of us are on that same boat.
Woke to yet another EDD. So the good: the beginning date was only pushed back by 2 days. The bad: date range is back to a month vs two weeks. :( Guess I'll see what happens Saturday morning with my EDD updates again. Current EDD: 1/28-2/24.

Super interesting that in the past week it went from a 1/21, 1/26 and now 1/28 start of the date range. Clearly they thought some cars were coming in, or the pushes would have been further out, no?
As soon as the window starts, the next morning it changes. This is my 9th change since 11/17. My EDD is now 1/28-2/7 hopefully I get a ViN soon

Also to mention your car taxes each year thats a 10k-12k price jump added on to purchase price
I really wish it would stay with purchaser rather than vehicle. Like what happens if someone has true intentions of keeping vehicle long time, but vehicle totaled in accident? I guess gap would cover initial loss, but then if costs increase a few years from now to 20k then what...

Just some other food for thought, those tires on the performance are quite expensive not to mention the rougher ride. Not knocking your decision just something else to consider.......
I actually disagree , I drove both the long range and the performance recently. The performance both handled and was a smoother ride. (Won’t comment on tire price )

Reactions: Acturbo
I really wish it would stay with purchaser rather than vehicle. Like what happens if someone has true intentions of keeping vehicle long time, but vehicle totaled in accident? I guess gap would cover initial loss, but then if costs increase a few years from now to 20k then what...
If it stayed with the purchasers, and you could buy FSD for life on any Tesla, I'd be all in. But 12k (or even the previous 10k) for the life of the car when it isn't really "there" yet, no thanks. I'll wait until it's more tested and fine-tuned. Perhaps on my next car.

Just adding my experience here. OD 11/27/2021. LR/White/Black/Aero no FSD. Have had multiple changes in EDD that I haven't kept track of. A few times EDD was late December and then changed. Once got the message to "prepare for delivery" with nothing actionable. Most recently had EDD had EDD 1/26-2/9. This AM changed to 1/29-2/9. I considered buying an inventory car late December, but decided to wait since SA said my car would arrive soon, now those are all gone. Any reason to be optimistic now?

Reactions: CarlThompson