Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla have a chat option? I got an original text from them when I ordered (random 510 area code number). I have replied to it asking if anyone receives my responses but never get a response. It's very hard for me to speak on the phone during the day but typing can be easy. Is there any type of chat function anyone is aware of? Anyone have a good text number that actually works?

I dont think they have that for order questions. The text number will work if its a question they can actually answer easily (and are supposed to). Like "is there a change in my Estimated delivery date".

Any open ended probing question will likely be ignored, so a question such as "Why does my Estimated delivery date keep changing?" or "I will only accept a car with the new chip, can you confirm my car will have that?" or any other open ended question, or question about anything in tesla news (like "I hear full self driving option has been recalled, is that true?")

I have no idea what you are asking, but if its being ignored, it is likely because its not something they can answer.

No, it was a rumor based on the M3 manual accidentally updating to show the same ventilated seats as the MS. Almost definitely a glitch. But IF it is intentionally added and coming out for M3, absolutely nobody can predict when.
Question is....is the infrastructure even built into the cars to "turn on". If so it's likely but if that's not there then it won't happen. Not sure how to confirm this.

Vin assigned!
OD: 11/23 Bay Area, CA
Red, white interiors and 18" wheels
Got a VIN in mid-December which I rejected and placed on hold until 1/1/22.
EDD was all over the place starting Jan.
First week of Jan: March and then switched to 1/5 - 1/15
Mid Jan: 1/21 - 2/2
End of Jan: 2/5-3/5
End of Jan: 2/1 - 2/12
Kept going up and down by a day or two. Current EDD is 2/4-2/8.
Had 3 different 14-day windows at different time points. Excited!

My boss took delivery in late December 2019, he has the Atom so I felt this might help with narrowing this search. Sorry if anything is vague, not my car so had to ask politely to get the intel below.

2021 White/White M3/LR
18" Aero
Delivery date: 12/17 (I think)
AMD Ryzen: NO
12V LIon: NO
Mf Location: Fremont, CA
VIN: 138XXX

I'm scheduling pickup of my LR M3 White/Black now, VIN range is 170XXX and I'll report back with what I get. By the looks of things I should be getting the Ryzen/12VLION combo. Fingers crossed.

Quick update from my end: I have a hold until Feb 18 but I got an email today from Tesla that I need to remove the hold manually by Feb 10 or my order will be cancelled. The email also stated that the order will be cancelled if I put another hold after this one which is understandable. Let's see, fingers crossed that the VIN after Feb 10 has the updates, if not, I will cancel and re-order.

On Tuesday I got the above mentioned email. Today, I also got a text message reminding me to end the hold by Feb 10 or else... :)

Reactions: Paul4343 and hlin07
Some delivery info for mine that some of you may find useful:

Order date: 11/28
VIN: 166XXX
Delivery to: Devon, PA Service center

Build date: 1/30
Expected in Devon: 2/11
Current delivery window: 2/14-2/18

Sharing because the SA gave me the build date which I thought people might find interesting. Also the shipping time can be inferred here as well. Finally, he confirmed basically everything rolling off has the Ryzen. Hope this gives even one person a glimmer of hope :)

Anyone get a EDD of Feb 19 to March 19th and experience no movement on the EDD?

Date ordered: 12/31
original EDD mar 9th to mar31st
2nd EDD: March (Due to trade in information not completed)
3rd EDD: Feb 19th to March 19th (On Jan 15th)
I ordered on 1/15 and my EDD is 2 days after yours (2/21-3/21). No EDD changes at all. Today SA told me I will have the VIN around 2/26.

I spoke with Tesla again. I have not completed the payment section of the order (I'm not sure if I want to buy or lease). The rep stated that until you get a VIN issued, completing the payment section is not necessary. Anyone been told anything else?

I spoke with Tesla again. I have not completed the payment section of the order (I'm not sure if I want to buy or lease). The rep stated that until you get a VIN issued, completing the payment section is not necessary. Anyone been told anything else?

You WILL eventually get a car/VIN if you don't put in payment info, but you can expect it to take 2-3 months longer without payment info being put in and making you eligible for a matched car.

FYI the text of the message:
Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account. If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

Some delivery info for mine that some of you may find useful:

Order date: 11/28
VIN: 166XXX
Delivery to: Devon, PA Service center

Build date: 1/30
Expected in Devon: 2/11
Current delivery window: 2/14-2/18

Sharing because the SA gave me the build date which I thought people might find interesting. Also the shipping time can be inferred here as well. Finally, he confirmed basically everything rolling off has the Ryzen. Hope this gives even one person a glimmer of hope :)
Also waiting on Devon, PA to build OD was 11/20. White/White 18" no FDS. Got pushed backed to Feb20/March20

Unless I am having a different experience than other users, you cannot even access the payment info until you get closer. I have my VIN but payment is still grayed out.

Reactions: cmy4x4
My boss took delivery in late December 2019, he has the Atom so I felt this might help with narrowing this search. Sorry if anything is vague, not my car so had to ask politely to get the intel below.

2021 White/White M3/LR
18" Aero
Delivery date: 12/17 (I think)
AMD Ryzen: NO
12V LIon: NO
Mf Location: Fremont, CA
VIN: 138XXX

I'm scheduling pickup of my LR M3 White/Black now, VIN range is 170XXX and I'll report back with what I get. By the looks of things I should be getting the Ryzen/12VLION combo. Fingers crossed.
Oops, the year should ready 2021 not 2019, wow, my brain is broken. I don't see an option for me to edit my post otherwise I'd have done that instead of quote/reply. Maybe I'm too much of a newbie.

Unless I am having a different experience than other users, you cannot even access the payment info until you get closer. I have my VIN but payment is still grayed out.
I think he is referring to the pre-delivery tasks where it asks if you leasing or financing, its the last step after doing registration, trade in and pick up location. Did you not complete and still get VIN?

Reactions: fishacura