Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. So I have been reading on here for quite sometime after ordering my white/white aero no FSD at the beginning of November 2021. I went to my dealership here in columbus ohio and placed my order with a SA. I was told by him that I didn’t need to do anything with payment until a VIN was assigned that all I needed to pay was the $250 order fee and I could do down payment and all other payment things if I choose leasing or cash whatever I wanted later. So I came home filled out my account stuff, registration, no trade in and delivery location, once it got to payment I left it. I believe my original EDD was 12/15-12/31 and about a week or 2 after I ordered the delivery date change to 1/15-1/31. I wasn’t holding my breath on the December date. So then on January 5 the EDD changed again to my currently EDD 2/19-3/19. I then reached out on 1/6 to Tesla because I was having the outlet installed in my garage on 1/6 and I was wanting an update on when the delivery could possibly be since I was about to spend a lot of money to have that installed. The lady on the phone informed me that my pre-delivery task was not complete and that I needed to fill out the payment part like choosing which way I planned on paying for the car. I was frustrated at that time because I under the impression I didn’t need to do that until a VIN was assigned. I NEVER got a text, call or email regarding my task not being complete which was also frustrating. I filled out the credit app and was instantly approved. Obvi that is only good for like 90 days. I am still seeing a EDD of 2/19-3/19. I’m not sure if I’m in line from my original order date of I believe was 11/5 or 11/7 or 1/5 when I completed the payment section.
I ordered a car on 11-20 and currently my delivery date is 3-2 - 3-30. I never put it on hold and filled in all the payment info etc right away. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason why some of us wait longer than others.

For whoever might need some reference in Washington state, Snohomish county. white with black interior, aero wheels.
Ordered on Dec 5th.
Multiple date changes.
Never put the car on hold.
Got vin of 170xxx today. SA states its coming off the line now. Today is Feb 3rd. Delivery window changed to Feb 6th to Feb 10th.
I didn't ask about Ryzen or lithium battery. I assume by this point it has it.
They said I could not pick it up on Bellevue or Lynnwood and that I had to have home delivery.
Wow, congrats. Hopefully mine will be soon. OD 11/30. Everett same config, no VIN yet :(

Reactions: EvDoss
Wow, congrats. Hopefully mine will be soon. OD 11/30. Everett same config, no VIN yet :(
yeah I would think so. They had just changed my delivery window from Feb 2-Feb 12 yesterday and then today I got the text about a vin being assigned and complete the remaining tasks. No phone calls or emails to me. Everett as well. Don't forget that pud has the $400 statement credit when you fill out a form on their site and provide some paperwork of your purchase. They also have $500 instant rebates on some chargers on their site.

Reactions: the_real_tdog
My latest EDD has been 2/19-3/19 for some time, with an OD of 1/4 for a red/black with 18” wheels, no FSD.

Today at just after 5P I got this email:

Hey Edward, this is Tesla Knoxville! You got assigned a VIN number and the car is here ready to go! Please let us know when you are free to go over the details of the account and get ready for pick up! Would you be able to pick up the car sometime tomorrow or this weekend?

On the one hand, yippie!

On the other hand, a bit of a scramble now lining up funds and binding insurance, but nothing insurmountable.

I assume when you all are giving VINs, you’re giving the last 6 digits. That being the case, mine is 152xxx. That seems like an earlier number than most seem to be getting recently. Might this mean it’s one that someone else refused for some reason? I don’t think I’m terribly concerned about the new battery and chip, because I certainly won’t have them, right?

Still, pretty excited and will keep you all updated.

yeah I would think so. They had just changed my delivery window from Feb 2-Feb 12 yesterday and then today I got the text about a vin being assigned and complete the remaining tasks. No phone calls or emails to me. Everett as well. Don't forget that pud has the $400 statement credit when you fill out a form on their site and provide some paperwork of your purchase. They also have $500 instant rebates on some chargers on their site.
Thanks for the information. I knew about the rebate on charger but didn't know there's also a $400 statement. Every dollar counts ;)

My latest EDD has been 2/19-3/19 for some time, with an OD of 1/4 for a red/black with 18” wheels, no FSD.

Hey Edward, this is Tesla Knoxville! You got assigned a VIN number and the car is here ready to go! Please let us know when you are free to go over the details of the account and get ready for pick up! Would you be able to pick up the car sometime tomorrow or this weekend?

On the one hand, yippie!

On the other hand, a bit of a scramble now lining up funds and binding insurance, but nothing insurmountable.

I assume when you all are giving VINs, you’re giving the last 6 digits. That being the case, mine is 152xxx. That seems like an earlier number than most seem to be getting recently. Might this mean it’s one that someone else refused for some reason? I don’t think I’m terribly concerned about the new battery and chip, because I certainly won’t have them, right?

Based on the evidence we have here, this vin (152XXX) is likely atom and existing 12v battery (like the one in my car). We dont know whether it was rejected by someone in person, or if it was simply a car everyone kept "releasing" because it doesnt have the ryzen chip / Li-ion 12v battery.

My guess would be the later (people releasing the vin), but thats just a guess.

Reactions: FastEddieB
I ordered a car on 11-20 and currently my delivery date is 3-2 - 3-30. I never put it on hold and filled in all the payment info etc right away. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason why some of us wait longer than others.

If you order the same configuration (exterior color, interior color, and wheel combination) from the same Tesla Delivery Center (i.e., same city and state) as someone else, your order should follow your order date. What we see here in general are different configurations in different regions which can spread the deliveries quite a bit.

Now it's an entirely new type of wait, waiting to see when they launch the delivery date on me.... they sent a text asking me to CONFIRM, ask for SUPPORT, or to place my VIN on HOLD.... I told 'em CONFIRM... and....

.... nothing so far, haha. Wait some more!!! (to be fair, there was an ice storm today, doubt much is going on 'round here because of it.)

EDD 3-17 Feb 22. Got contacted about my trade yesterday. Got the offer and verified (via text) that it would be deducted before the tax assessment so I wouldn’t get taxed on the $23,200 trade value (which is what WA state allows). This was also reflected in the draft details in my sales account. I wish I took a screen shot before uploading my title and accepting the offer. After doing that, the details page changed and the trade in offer price was placed below the sales tax and registration charges on the entire amount, which doesn’t afford me the tax in it I’ve WA allows. Hopefully they’ll get this squared away tomorrow
3FD043FB-E7AA-4DEC-9410-067E495D7FE3.jpeg
570CE206-197D-469B-A522-CDAD9B4CFF26.jpeg

Reactions: Mustangr
I have the same scenario. Rejected the car on the 31st and the car was put on hold until 4 Feb. The same day the car came off hold and now has an EDD of 31 Jan - 4 Feb. Not sure what's going on.
It will be updated soon. Mine at first showed January 28-31 and then changed to on hold until July 5th. I called Tesla and the rep was really surprised by this super long hold. She updated it to March 1. Next day I got an email from Tesla that they will cancel the order if I don't release hold by February 10th. I released the hold right away and now my delivery is scheduled for Feb. 22nd

Last edited:
Picked up my car today and it was a great experience. The SA working there was super nice and helpful.

My wheel cover looked and felt to be scratched severely so I went in and had him come out before I accepted to access the interior. He wiped it with cleaner as it was only some glue residue or something. He got me all set up and answered any questions I had.

Got some weird error messages after hitting the super charger and driving home. Kept getting low tire pressure and a red brake warning or something, need to look that up. Seems to have cleared after a hard reset and now I am doing the recent OTA so we'll see.

I do have Ryzen 👍 164XXX

On the one hand, yippie!

wow! congrats. I ordered a while ago (12/31) and nothing from tesla, expect your trade in value is ready.