Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you order the same configuration (exterior color, interior color, and wheel combination) from the same Tesla Delivery Center (i.e., same city and state) as someone else, your order should follow your order date. What we see here in general are different configurations in different regions which can spread the deliveries quite a bit.
I ordered a white / black / 18" LR to new york-not exactly a uncommon configuration. I have seen several people post that they ordered later and already received the exact same car to the same location - Mount Kisko NY.

I ordered a white / black / 18" LR to new york-not exactly a uncommon configuration. I have seen several people post that they ordered later and already received the exact same car to the same location - Mount Kisko NY.
Did you finish payment info the same day as order? (Put it as cash) if not that could be the likely cause.

My personal update. Another day....another EDD. Back to a ~ 2 week window, but still not getting hopes up.

Reactions: Paul4343
Yes, put in everything.
If you're absolutely confident that you completed all the order tasks... give your SA a call and have them verify all is good (and ask them why orders after yours are being filled before yours).

But do note that many folks here have thought they were good-to-go, had completed all those order tasks, and were in the queue... only to find out weeks or months later that they were never really "in line" because they, in fact, had missed ticking a box.

EDD update:

M3LR Black/Black/18" no FSD
OD: 12/16/21
EDD #1 on 12/16: 1/22 - 2/19
EDD #2 on 12/18: 12/28 - 12/31
EDD #3 on 12/29: 1/19 - 2/16
EDD #4 on 1/20: 2/25 - 3/25
EDD #5 on 1/27: 2/1 - 3/1
EDD #6 on 2/1: 2/3 - 3/1
EDD #7 on 2/4: 2/7 - 2/21

window starting to shrink 😬

performance window still the same.

Last edited:
If you're absolutely confident that you completed all the order tasks... give your SA a call and have them verify all is good (and ask them why orders after yours are being filled before yours).

But do note that many folks here have thought they were good-to-go, had completed all those order tasks, and were in the queue... only to find out weeks or months later that they were never really "in line" because they, in fact, had missed ticking a box.
I was told yesterday payment information is not necessary until your VIN is issued.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I was told yesterday payment information is not necessary until your VIN is issued.

There are two things related to financing.

First, is the order task that requires you to select Cash, Leasing, or Finance. If you do not complete that task, evidence suggests your order is not placed into queue and you will never be assigned a VIN.

Second, is the payment itself, necessary before you pick up your car, but NOT before a VIN is issued.

Since Tesla financing, once approved, is only good for 60 days - and assignment of VIN and scheduled delivery may take longer than that - the best thing for many is to simply select 'Cash' when ordering their vehicle (thus completing that 'finance' requirement); and then change 'Cash' to 'Finance' once a VIN is assigned.

M3LR blk/blk, 18”, no fsd
OD 11/01, Chicagoland Area

“Estimated Jan 2022”
Initial EDD 12/03 - 12/27
11/25 EDD 1/13 - 2/13
1/1 EDD 2/16 - 3/16
2/4 EDD 2/19 - 3/5

Finally some movement!
My same config. OD is 12/5 and picking up in NY. I don’t see too many black/black on this forum. Maybe that’s why it’s taking so long for us to get our cars.

Reactions: T3LR
You can go to your account page and hit CTRL-U to find your VIN without the vin finder extension. That said, not sure about other people's experiences but my VIN did not show up on that until I got it anyway so it seems pointless (at least for me it was)
I had the same experience and was checking source every day. Just popped up on my phone immediately when it was assigned.

There are two things related to financing.

First, is the order task that requires you to select Cash, Leasing, or Finance. If you do not complete that task, evidence suggests your order is not placed into queue and you will never be assigned a VIN.

Second, is the payment itself, necessary before you pick up your car, but NOT before a VIN is issued.

Since Tesla financing, once approved, is only good for 60 days - and assignment of VIN and scheduled delivery may take longer than that - the best thing for many is to simply select 'Cash' when ordering their vehicle (thus completing that 'finance' requirement); and then change 'Cash' to 'Finance' once a VIN is assigned.
I'm just going with what two Tesla employees told me. One was local and the other was on a support call.

Last edited: