Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Antonio - 173xxx VIN received this morning!!

Ordered date: 12/14

Initial EDD: March 2022

2nd EDD (12/19): 1/25 - 2/22

3rd EDD (1/26): 2/9 - 3/9

4th EDD (1/28): 2/14 - 2/28

5th EDD & VIN received (2/8): 2/20-2/24

I don't know any of the details on the hardware yet. I checked my app this morning and it wanted to connect to my Bluetooth. My heart instantly started racing and it felt like I already had my coffee in me. I'm hopeful that the car will have the AMD chip and keeping my fingers crossed about any other upgrade.
Congrats man ! I didnā€™t sleep last night either šŸ¤£

Interesting.....I specifically asked him that and he said it didn't make a difference. I guess I'll fill out the forms just in case.
I am not sure if any of the Tesla SA really know what they are doing. I was told that once I put in the order and fill out my address and registration info I can do the rest once I get my VIN. So I did that on 11/12/2021. Then I was told a few weeks later that I should pick the Cash option even though I am going to finance. Then I was asked to put in my trade-in option, which I did in December. Then once my trade-in expired, I was told to take it out and wait till I get a VIN. All this time my EDD has been TBD.

So right now I have it set on Cash, no trade-in. When I called to inquire last week, I was told that I only completed my profile two weeks ago. Not sure what that means and still not EDD. So here I am, with mixed information, just waiting on a car wondering who is in charge of updating their database and SA training manual since they seem to have slightly different info every time I call.

OD 11/12
EDD: No one seems to know since December 2021
Getting it delivered to NH from NJ.

I would say I am rich and will pay cash and just fill out the registration Info and not touch the account at all till you get a VIN assigned.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
M3LR / MSM / Black Int / 19" / Fremont
OD: 1/13
EDD #1 (1/13): 3/10-3/31
EDD #2 (1/19): 2/10-3/10
EDD #3 (2/4): 2/7-2/21

Second guessing my choice to go with 19" wheels vs. aeros. SA said that switching now would push EDD to end of March. Anyone have any experience with either set of wheels to sway my decision?

Don't know if changing wheels changes the EDD, I think it should not but I might be wrong of course. In my case, I changed my color from White to MSM and it had no effect at all, my EDD stayed the same and I even had a VIN assigned as soon as I lifted my hold.

Told my SA to reject the 158XXX VIN since it doesn't have Ryzen. I waited this long, might as well get the new CPU rather than someone else's rejected car šŸ˜‚
Did the SA put your order on hold now for a few days? In my case, I had rejected a VIN and had a short hold for two days and was assigned an even lower VIN afterwards. I think it makes sense to put a hold for at least a week or so after rejecting a VIN.

Did the SA put your order on hold now for a few days? In my case, I had rejected a VIN and had a short hold for two days and was assigned an even lower VIN afterwards. I think it makes sense to put a hold for at least a week or so after rejecting a VIN.
Not sure - he isn't the best at responding to texts. The VIN is still on my account, so we'll see what happens. I'm half expecting to get a call from the delivery center since the EDD is today through Friday.

So I just learned by calling Tesla that my delivery date has been moved up to this weekend! In preparation for the pickup, I downloaded my MVPA...it shows the full purchase price as the "5. G. Customer downpayment" and the last line "6. Amount Due from Buyer" is 0.00. Am I getting a free Tesla???
MVPA.jpg

M3LR / MSM / Black Int / 19" / Fremont
OD: 1/13
EDD #1 (1/13): 3/10-3/31
EDD #2 (1/19): 2/10-3/10
EDD #3 (2/4): 2/7-2/21

Second guessing my choice to go with 19" wheels vs. aeros. SA said that switching now would push EDD to end of March. Anyone have any experience with either set of wheels to sway my decision?
And it begins again. Made the switch to Aero wheels last night and got a new EDD this morning of 2/17-3/17. Not as bad as I was expecting.

Reactions: Blackfish
I received a vin last night! I guess I'm lucky because my order date was only a few days ago.

M3LR / Blue / Black Int / 18" / Cleveland OH pickup
OD: 2/5
EDD #1 (2/5): 2/14-3/1
EDD #2 (2/7): 2/21-2/25
VIN: F177XXX
I ordered exact same car several weeks ago and am still showing end of March time frame. I'm in northern VA so not too far away. I originally chose outside financing...BIG MISTAKE. I even called when I did it and the advisor said it everything "looked good"...even though the profile didn't show complete. When I read your post, I called and this time, the advisor I spoke to, before I even finished my sentence, changed it to cash and immediately the profile was complete. He told me that after the vin is assigned, I could call back and change it back. Lesson learned.

Moral of the story, probably best not to select outside financing on the initial order.

I ordered exact same car several weeks ago and am still showing end of March time frame. I'm in northern VA so not too far away. I originally chose outside financing...BIG MISTAKE. I even called when I did it and the advisor said it everything "looked good"...even though the profile didn't show complete. When I read your post, I called and this time, the advisor I spoke to, before I even finished my sentence, changed it to cash and immediately the profile was complete. He told me that after the vin is assigned, I could call back and change it back. Lesson learned.

Moral of the story, probably best not to select outside financing on the initial order.
By outside do you mean direct to Tesla our a partner like Alliant?