Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally a 2 week window

OD 1/7/2022 M3 LR MSM/Black/Aero/no fsd

1/8: March 10-31
1/12: Feb 24 - March 24
2/1: Feb 10 - March 10
2/11: Feb 24 - March 24
2/14: Feb 17 - March 3
I'm curious as well. I ordered 1/29. My EDD was 3/17-3/30. I just got an update today that my EDD is now 5/6-6/3. What gives??
Someone else on this forum mentioned their sales associate said m3 production east of Austin would happen at the new facility in Texas. Maybe that is the reason? Not sure if that is the case because I had only heard of MY’s produced at Texas, but who knows?

Reactions: Teleezen
EDD updated this morning to my first 2 week window, and I have a meeting (that I set up yesterday) with an SA this evening to verify everything in my account is correct, and to test out the new Model 3 additions. We have a family vacation planned for the first 3 days of the updated window, but from what I can tell the Northeast folks have been getting several 2 week-long windows before VIN.

PW | Black | 18" Aero | No FSD

Dedham, MA
OD 1/28
1/28 EDD - 4/21 - 5/19
1/29 EDD - 3/2 - 3/30
2/15 EDD - 3/2 - 3/16

I just talked to SA from Paramus yesterday and he said that the cars are scheduled to come in on Feb 28th and then they are looking at delivery around the 1st week of March. I won't be surprised if both of our cars are going to be delivered around the same date. My VIN is 183xxx.

Their IT department seems to be looking at the TBD since December for me haha. It has been TBD since then all the way up to when I got my VIN. At some point, I was wondering if they forgot about me.
Mines been TBD since I ordered!

I guess there's a batch coming in MA soon. My EDD also updated to 3/2-16 today(2/15). OD was around 12/16, but I didn't complete the loan profile until later and also had a color change around the same time..
OD: 12/16
EDD 1: 3/1-29
profile completion and color change: ~ 1/16
EDD 2: 4/1-30
EDD 3: 3/1-29
EDD 4(2/15): 3/2-16

getting delivery at Peabody, MA
Located in Rhode Island, also got an updated 2 week window this morning 3/1-3/15. Must be getting a bigly batch soon to this area.
I am MSM/black/18"

Reactions: Regaj and Mustangr
I guess there's a batch coming in MA soon. My EDD also updated to 3/2-16 today(2/15). OD was around 12/16, but I didn't complete the loan profile until later and also had a color change around the same time..

Located in Rhode Island, also got an updated 2 week window this morning 3/1-3/15. Must be getting a bigly batch soon to this area.
I am MSM/black/18"

This is good to hear others in the area are getting updated 2 week EDD windows. Fingers crossed we get VINs in the next week or two :)

Reactions: Mustangr
Someone else on this forum mentioned their sales associate said m3 production east of Austin would happen at the new facility in Texas. Maybe that is the reason? Not sure if that is the case because I had only heard of MY’s produced at Texas, but who knows?
I would refuse touchless delivery. It was done for my wife's 3 RWD and it was dropped off in the dark and we had to accept delivery to move it. Luckily the service center was able to fix all the issues but I would not want to count on that happening.
I agree! Just checked with my SA and Mt Kisco NY is still doing pick ups at their location.

Anyone order Black/Black LR? For some reason it seems rare and I’m hoping they build some coming soon!

Why not just finance with them to start with?
I was considering that route too, but it seemed that people sometimes have issues last minute logistics issues with third party lenders--not getting the check in time/not being able to reach customer service/delays/etc.

I figured I'd use Tesla financing at first to handle the process seamlessly, and then refinance later when I'm not stressed about missing the delivery. That being said, if there are fees associated with refinancing or if it's a brutally painful process, I'd consider using DCU from the start. Idk, do people have more insight into this?

Reactions: disneygirl420
I was considering that route too, but it seemed that people sometimes have issues last minute logistics issues with third party lenders--not getting the check in time/not being able to reach customer service/delays/etc.

I figured I'd use Tesla financing at first to handle the process seamlessly, and then refinance later when I'm not stressed about missing the delivery. That being said, if there are fees associated with refinancing or if it's a brutally painful process, I'd consider using DCU from the start. Idk, do people have more insight into this?
DCU is generally very fast. You may have to spend time on phone but if everything is in order they overnight the check

Reactions: ev_go123

I've had so many 2 week windows...

Do they even make a difference?

I'm perplexed. I live in one of the largest cities in Canada, directly connected to the I5, ordered a very generic spec car months ago.