Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning Tesla applied my trade-in credit and looks like they finalized the revised MVPA.
1645118566235.png

Can someone post an explication of what the comment "Received VIN 181XXX" represents? My assumption is that the 181xxx is a number in the VIN but is it the actual unique serial number portion?

5YJ######NF######
5YJ181XXXNF######
5YJ######NF181XXX
Yes, Option 3.

Hey All!

I just got the Trade In text…

I selected no trade in when I filled out my online profile.

Have we found some sort of correlation to getting that text and getting a VIN shortly after?

Cheers!

OD: 2/3
EDD: 2/25-3/25
M3LR/White/Black/18/noFSD
I got a trade-in text on Feb 8, but no change or VIN, nor updated delivery date as of now. So I don't see anything IHMO that means anything here.

Reactions: Canine06
It’s surreal, long time dream come true. Picked up my car today! It was great for most part, but saw slight misalignment between driver door with left fender panel. SA said it’s within spec but I can schedule service if needed, still thinking if I should, as the door works just fine.

OD: 10/31
VIN: 170XXX
MCU: AMD Ryzen
12V batt: yet to check, heavy rains here.
Rear dual pane: No

Your full VIN is visible. Your signature has first 3 of the unique SN, the screenshot shows the last 3. Just FYI in case you actually care.
I guess I don't really understand why people are worried about hiding their VIN or license plates online. Millions of cars are sold online with the VIN freely available, and every single day I pass 1000's of cars with their license plate on their car. What exactly am I supposed to do with this info that couldn't already be done by those means? I guess you could trace a troll down by that info but that's about the only thing I see as an issue.

Anyone in the Boston area getting their cars? I don't keep track of any delivery date changes, but my order has been relatively static since I made my order (October 2021). I thought the East Coast had deliveries early in the quarter. My account information is fully complete other than my trade in still pending.

Keep seeing folks getting their cars with Jan order dates and wondering if my order is somehow borked and if I should call them.

Order October 2021
Delivery Pending March 2022

Anyone in the Boston area getting their cars? I don't keep track of any delivery date changes, but my order has been relatively static since I made my order (October 2021). I thought the East Coast had deliveries early in the quarter. My account information is fully complete other than my trade in still pending.

Keep seeing folks getting their cars with Jan order dates and wondering if my order is somehow borked and if I should call them.

Order October 2021
Delivery Pending March 2022
A few of us have gotten account updates in CT MA and RI but I haven’t seen any VINs or orders taken in Feb.