Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I took delivery yesterday and it went great!
View attachment 773344

2022 M3 LR Blue exterior, Black interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD
F177XXX has Ryzen + li-ion LV battery. Does not have dual pane rear glass. Not sure about heated wipers.

Timeline:
Order Date: 2/4/2022; original delivery estimate: March 2022. I placed the order in the showroom and they completed my profile on the spot. I logged into my account and selected Tesla financing the same day, though I didn't submit the credit app until I had a vin.
Past EDDs: 2/19-3/1, 2/21-2/25
Car arrived at showroom: 2/23 (they warned me that because the car showed up late, if they found any issues with it they'd have to delay my delivery. Luckily there were no issues with the car.
Delivery: 2/23 home delivery, not "touchless". I had to sign some papers and was able to look over the car quickly inside and out before accepting

I think I somehow got really lucky with only 19 days from order to delivery, and it not being a rejected car.

The car is nearly perfect! I didn't submit service requests for anything. While the panel gaps are larger and less consistent than my previous car (2016 VW), It's not a dealbreaker for me in any way. None of the panels are too close together that they could rub and none of the gaps are too large either, which is all I care about. Nothing wrong with the interior at all. The car even came with a nice "Model 3" rear license plate holder that I plan on using when I get my plate.

Here are my first impressions from the first ~75 miles of driving it.

Good:
  • It's super quick, just like I remembered from the test drive!
  • The sound system is awesome, and I'm somewhat of an audiophile
  • No hard phantom braking yet! Definitely some phantom slowing (1-2mph) where it occasionally thinks it sees people on the side of the road, but not a big deal at all
  • Autosteer is as good at staying centered in the lane as I hoped it would be
  • Preconditioning the car is super quick! (40 degrees F to 70 in less than 5 minutes)
  • Youtube, Netflix, Dashcam viewer, and backup camera are all super snappy with the Ryzen CPU
  • The Low-beams + fogs give SUPER good visibility at night
  • The auto heated seats are better than expected
Things I've learned:
  • The car makes a lot more noises than I thought when parked or charging. Lots of clicks and fan noises, compressor, etc. Still way quieter than an ICE engine running.

Minor Annoyances:
  • When engaging Autopilot, I really wish that didn't enable auto-high-beams. It's not awful but it definitely puts on the high beams in many situations that I would not, especially since the low-beams are already way brighter than any other car I've driven. Anyone know the quickest way to disable this every time after enabling Autopilot?
  • Having to disengage Autosteer to change lanes on the highway and then re-engage is kind of annoying because of all the chimes. I do have Joe Mode enabled, that helped a bit.
  • I still haven't gotten the hang of how how to apply force to the steering wheel when the car nags, but I suspect I'll figure it out with time.
  • Not sure how I feel about the noisemaker speaker yet
  • I wish it was possible to make some controls like heated seats and heated steering wheel more accessible at the bottom of the screen
  • I would like a dumb cruise control option
I guess it's a good thing that all of my annoyances are with the software and they could be fixed in the future! Overall I love the car and would absolutely buy it again!
Congrats! Beautiful! It is pretty incredible how fast you got it!

Well I took delivery yesterday and it went great!
View attachment 773344

2022 M3 LR Blue exterior, Black interior, 18" aero wheels, no FSD
F177XXX has Ryzen + li-ion LV battery. Does not have dual pane rear glass. Not sure about heated wipers.

Timeline:
Order Date: 2/4/2022; original delivery estimate: March 2022. I placed the order in the showroom and they completed my profile on the spot. I logged into my account and selected Tesla financing the same day, though I didn't submit the credit app until I had a vin.
Past EDDs: 2/19-3/1, 2/21-2/25
Car arrived at showroom: 2/23 (they warned me that because the car showed up late, if they found any issues with it they'd have to delay my delivery. Luckily there were no issues with the car.
Delivery: 2/23 home delivery, not "touchless". I had to sign some papers and was able to look over the car quickly inside and out before accepting

I think I somehow got really lucky with only 19 days from order to delivery, and it not being a rejected car.

The car is nearly perfect! I didn't submit service requests for anything. While the panel gaps are larger and less consistent than my previous car (2016 VW), It's not a dealbreaker for me in any way. None of the panels are too close together that they could rub and none of the gaps are too large either, which is all I care about. Nothing wrong with the interior at all. The car even came with a nice "Model 3" rear license plate holder that I plan on using when I get my plate.

Here are my first impressions from the first ~75 miles of driving it.

Good:
  • It's super quick, just like I remembered from the test drive!
  • The sound system is awesome, and I'm somewhat of an audiophile
  • No hard phantom braking yet! Definitely some phantom slowing (1-2mph) where it occasionally thinks it sees people on the side of the road, but not a big deal at all
  • Autosteer is as good at staying centered in the lane as I hoped it would be
  • Preconditioning the car is super quick! (40 degrees F to 70 in less than 5 minutes)
  • Youtube, Netflix, Dashcam viewer, and backup camera are all super snappy with the Ryzen CPU
  • The Low-beams + fogs give SUPER good visibility at night
  • The auto heated seats are better than expected
Things I've learned:
  • The car makes a lot more noises than I thought when parked or charging. Lots of clicks and fan noises, compressor, etc. Still way quieter than an ICE engine running.

Minor Annoyances:
  • When engaging Autopilot, I really wish that didn't enable auto-high-beams. It's not awful but it definitely puts on the high beams in many situations that I would not, especially since the low-beams are already way brighter than any other car I've driven. Anyone know the quickest way to disable this every time after enabling Autopilot?
  • Having to disengage Autosteer to change lanes on the highway and then re-engage is kind of annoying because of all the chimes. I do have Joe Mode enabled, that helped a bit.
  • I still haven't gotten the hang of how how to apply force to the steering wheel when the car nags, but I suspect I'll figure it out with time.
  • Not sure how I feel about the noisemaker speaker yet
  • I wish it was possible to make some controls like heated seats and heated steering wheel more accessible at the bottom of the screen
  • I would like a dumb cruise control option
I guess it's a good thing that all of my annoyances are with the software and they could be fixed in the future! Overall I love the car and would absolutely buy it again!
  • Have you tried disabling auto-high beans under Controls menu?
  • I love music myself having modified my previous car audio system. I do wish it was a little louder tho, sort of richer soundstage I guess is what I mean. I am quite impressed with the concealed subwoofer performance tho.
    • On the topic of music, when rocking out simply finger tapping the steering wheel with the music seems to do the trick to prevent the auto-pilot nag lol 🤘. Otherwise I softly nudge it left to right, seems to do the trick too.
  • If you do a single down pull in the driver stalk, it engages what I consider dumb cruise control, not full autopilot.

• Have you tried disabling auto-high beans under Controls menu?
  • I love music myself having modified my previous car audio system. I do wish it was a little louder tho, sort of richer soundstage I guess is what I mean. I am quite impressed with the concealed subwoofer performance tho.
    • On the topic of music, when rocking out simply finger tapping the steering wheel with the music seems to do the trick to prevent the auto-pilot nag lol 🤘. Otherwise I softly nudge it left to right, seems to do the trick too.
  • If you do a single down pull in the driver stalk, it engages what I consider dumb cruise control, not full autopilot.
  • No matter what you have auto high beams set to, they enable themselves when you engage Autosteer unfortunately. Unless there's a way to disable that but I don't think there is
  • A single press down on the stalk engages traffic aware cruise control. I'd like a dumb cruise control that simply keeps the set speed, just as an additional option.

• No matter what you have auto high beams set to, they enable themselves when you engage Autosteer unfortunately. Unless there's a way to disable that but I don't think there is
  • A single press down on the stalk engages traffic aware cruise control. I'd like a dumb cruise control that simply keeps the set speed, just as an additional option.
Ah I did not know either of these things, I thought simple press only kept set speed. I suppose I need more time with the vehicle only driven it 100 miles or so.

Reactions: Atg511

I’ll say. You ordered the exact same spec as me, two weeks after I did. I haven’t gotten a trade-in text or VIN yet, and still have a 15-day EDD window. Congrats, I guess that I go back to waiting for the random number generator to say it’s my turn.

So, admittedly, I did not get a TI quote from Tesla…figured they wouldn’t be too interested in my 10+ year Toyota. That said, I did get a quote from Carvana…it was horrible. I would recommend letting Carmax take a look at it. I got the best offer from them (considerably more than Carvana). It’s probably less than what I would get from a private party sale, but a whole lot less hassle. Their offer is only good for 7 days so I’ll have to “redo” it once I get my car, but if the redo is close to the first one, it’s an easy decision.

Regarding the estimate process, it took about 45 minutes and they give you a printout.
This is the way. I did the same thing with my 2019 civic

So, admittedly, I did not get a TI quote from Tesla…figured they wouldn’t be too interested in my 10+ year Toyota. That said, I did get a quote from Carvana…it was horrible. I would recommend letting Carmax take a look at it. I got the best offer from them (considerably more than Carvana). It’s probably less than what I would get from a private party sale, but a whole lot less hassle. Their offer is only good for 7 days so I’ll have to “redo” it once I get my car, but if the redo is close to the first one, it’s an easy decision.

Regarding the estimate process, it took about 45 minutes and they give you a printout.
The trade-in value will highly depend on the car and location. For example, in my case Carvana was the best and Carmax had the lowest offer. They try to optimize their local stocks I assume. So shop around and see which offer is the best. It will vary.

Took them about 3 days to get back to me on the trade. Don't hold out on their trade though, there's a pretty good chance they offer will be terrible.
That's what I keep hearing, but I uploaded on OD, and another time after it "expired".... and they never gave me any offers.... I just want to see so that I can either sell it first and put the money in as a down payment.

Do we know if Tesla schedules pickups on Sundays? i'm anticipating a pickup to be scheduled soon and i'm really hoping for this Sunday!
...just daydreaming to ease the excitement
I think I have read here that some people have taken delivery on Sunday. I know the showroom at my location is open 7 days a week, but the service is closed on Sunday.

• Helpful
Reactions: disneygirl420