Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small update for everyone my OD was 11/19/2021 and I had never selected my payment method and kept getting pushed back. My latest ED pushed to APRIL 10 to May 08. This past Sunday I selected cash and now have been pulled to March 19-31!!!!!! Thanks to everyone that posted responses to my earlier post ab double checking my payment method. My SA reached out and said he’s not saying 100% cash selection expedites you but dam it sure does feel a lot better to have a sooner delivery 🥲 March was my original ED I received In December/January.

Attachments

• DB5C4C72-A650-4618-825D-483901164440.jpeg
    DB5C4C72-A650-4618-825D-483901164440.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 75
Small update for everyone my OD was 11/19/2021 and I had never selected my payment method and kept getting pushed back. My latest ED pushed to APRIL 10 to May 08. This past Sunday I selected cash and now have been pulled to March 19-31!!!!!! Thanks to everyone that posted responses to my earlier post ab double checking my payment method. My SA reached out and said he’s not saying 100% cash selection expedites you but dam it sure does feel a lot better to have a sooner delivery 🥲 March was my original ED I received In December/January.
I’m in SoCal. Blue exterior/black/ no FSD/Honda rims 😂

I was told no form of payment will def slow you down...also once you get VIN submitting the proof of insurance with VIN will def help with delivery date in my experience. Got one in Sept. and second DD March 10th...

Delivery day scheduled for tomorrow (Feb 25). I tried to get it postponed (ugh!) for a day or two as the car is being transported from NJ to my home in NH. We’re expecting 8-14 inches of snow tomorrow 😩
Were you given any options as far as day and time? I’ve had my VIN for a week with an EDD of March 5th, with all payments complete and I haven’t heard anything.

So originally, I chose third party financing too…I noticed that it didn’t show my tasks complete. I finally called and they changed to cash, which immediately showed complete and I then got a date range for EDD. They told me to call back once I got a vin and they’d change it back to third party financing…

Fast forward…I was within a week of my 2 week EDD window and felt comfortable going forward with loan approval (it expires at 60 days for my CU). When I filled out the app at my CU, I chose “Tesla financing”. When the CU called to follow up, they asked for my RN number. The CU rep had internal system access and she updated my order to show APPROVED 3rd party financing and everything was good from there.

So, moral of the story…it might be beneficial to initially chose cash if financing through third party when you don’t intend on getting the approval right away (due to a far off delivery date). Then, change it down the road (no pun intended).

Again, just my take based on my experience .

Last edited:
Pickup was supposed to be tomorrow, but I just got a call from the delivery location saying they need to replace the oil pump as it wasn’t working properly. “Perhaps got jostled when it was trucked down here”. Not good, but I guess it’s better than having it fail after I got it. He assured me everything else was fine with the car. Rescheduled pickup for Thursday 😠
Graduation day! They were very accommodating. Let me examine the car in and out before accepting. All worked well. No obvious flaws except two small paint chips low below the trunk. Best of luck to everyone.

So originally, I chose third party financing too…I noticed that it didn’t show my tasks complete. I finally called and they changed to cash, which immediately showed complete and I then got a date range for EDD. They told me to call back once I got a vin and they’d change it back to third party financing…

Fast forward…I was within a week of my 2 week EDD window and felt comfortable going forward with loan approval (it expires at 60 days for my CU). When I filled out the app at my CU, I chose “Tesla financing”. When the CU called to follow up, they asked for my RN number. The CU rep had internal system access and she updated my order to show APPROVED 3rd party financing and everything was good from there.

So, moral of the story…it might be beneficial to initially chose cash if financing through third party when you don’t intend on getting the approval right away (due to a far off delivery date). Then, change it down the road (no pun intended).

Again, just my take based on my experience .
What CU did you use in Northern Virginia?