Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN assigned 169xxx Fremont Build
Have to check and see if it's Ryzen Chip , but this is a lower number than others have reported this weekend. I'll let you know.

MSM/Black/18" Aeros/ no FSD

OD Jan 20 Upgrade to LR
19 Jan {sold 2021 M3 SR+ 12K+miles to Vroom}
24 Jan, VRoom Pick up/$45K
20 Jan EDD: Mar 25+
And this was after I reassured TESLA by Phone I had 3rd party financing, so they could complete me tasks to narrow delivery EDD date window.
07 Feb EDD: Feb 25 - Mar 25
20 Feb EDD: Feb 20 - Feb 24
Got it Wednesday and it feels great! Accept for below issues, I am super glad I upgraded from 2021 SR+ to this. If I had the money, I would buy the boost upgrade, but it's plenty fast for me now.

I noticed to things I am going to get service appointment for:
There is disproportionate wind noise on ride side windows, almost seems like the door windows could be closer to the weather seals.
I opined right away a trunk misalignment, barely I guess. The right side superior extension touches the black trim when closed while the right side has a "within Spec" gap.

Attachments

• 20220223_170309.jpg
    20220223_170309.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220223_170322.jpg
    20220223_170322.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 79
Is the glovebox USB the only place you can put a thumb drive with containing music?
Nope. You can put it on your pocket or in a friend's pocket. They're small, they can be put in a lot of places. :)

Now, if you want to HEAR the music that's in your thumb drive thru the car's audio system, you'll want to plug it into a USB port that supports charging AND data transfer. For the M3, the ports in your center console should do this (unless the ports aren't functioning properly). The two ports on the rear of the console facing the rear seats are charging-only so those won't work.

Lemme see if I can find a thread to help ya.

Update:. Here ya go...

The thread goes back a few years, so skip to the later pages. Lots of discussion regarding which ports do what, what USB drives do better in a Tesla, and even help regarding how to take a larger SSD and partition it to give you expanded capacity for Sentry Mode video on one partition, and a USB music library on another, both on the same hardware.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I had uploaded my stuff as soon as I got their text, but I guess I never finished my "profile".... and I had to re-upload since it had expired... It's now been more than 48 hours since I've given them new information....

I keep hearing everybody getting an SA... I did everything online and when I tried to go to the store to talk to the reps, they just told me someone is working it if you are doing TI.... Is there a way for me to get a dedicated SA to follow up? or how did you get in touch with one?

Man there is going to be a lot of MSM's on the road...they need to start charging $1500 for that color again. ;)😂
ordered an msm in december and not here yet!!!

• Funny
Reactions: BMWM3Man
our edds are same as mine. the wait sucks lol
And you ordered way before me.
I had them switch me to cash from 3rd party financing a day or two after placing my order, and had them remove the trade-in before it expired. At this point, the only explanation is they fulfill orders at random, and my luck is bad.

I'm sorry, I know the Teslafans don't like to hear anything negative, but the company's order fulfillment mechanism is a mess.

Nope. You can put it on your pocket or in a friend's pocket. They're small, they can be put in a lot of places. :)

Now, if you want to HEAR the music that's in your thumb drive thru the car's audio system, you'll want to plug it into a USB port that supports charging AND data transfer. For the M3, the ports in your center console should do this (unless the ports aren't functioning properly). The two ports on the rear of the console facing the rear seats are charging-only so those won't work.

Lemme see if I can find a thread to help ya.

Update:. Here ya go...

The thread goes back a few years, so skip to the later pages. Lots of discussion regarding which ports do what, what USB drives do better in a Tesla, and even help regarding how to take a larger SSD and partition it to give you expanded capacity for Sentry Mode video on one partition, and a USB music library on another, both on the same hardware.

Good luck!

Thank you. Appreciate your humor, information, and suggestions

I have a Samsung 1 TB SSD for the glovebox. I have around 60 albums on one thumb drive which hopefully I will be able to use on one of the center console USB ports. I will definitely explore the link you provided.

Last edited:
Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3

Linky: Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

Rolled out in China, but a Dallas-based owner is reporting that his Saturday M3LR delivery included a powered trunk. First I've heard of this, anyone else tracking this? Or have I been living under a rock and all Fremont M3LRs have had this feature forever? :)
Hey peeps!

I hate to dredge this up again, but based on recently released videos in the past week or so by Tesla Time News, Tesla Daily, and others, the addition of a powered trunk for 2022 M3 vehicles seems to be a New Thing(tm), not a feature that's standard in the current build and available as an paid-for upgrade in 2021 and older vehicles.

Here's one from Robert R, posted yesterday. FF to 4:48 for the discussion ....

Others here have stated, "no no DrWhoDey, all current M3's have this". But the message I'm seeing from industry reporters, consistently, is that this is 100% new across all M3 vehicles and is currently only available in Shanghai. So, at the risk of sounding like a no-nothing dum-dum, can anyone who has recently taken delivery of a ME confirm or deny whether their vehicle has this?

Hey peeps!

I hate to dredge this up again, but based on recently released videos in the past week or so by Tesla Time News, Tesla Daily, and others, the addition of a powered trunk for 2022 M3 vehicles seems to be a New Thing(tm), not a feature that's standard in the current build and available as an paid-for upgrade in 2021 and older vehicles.

Here's one from Robert R, posted yesterday. FF to 4:48 for the discussion ....

Others here have stated, "no no DrWhoDey, all current M3's have this". But the message I'm seeing from industry reporters, consistently, is that this is 100% new across all M3 vehicles and is currently only available in Shanghai. So, at the risk of sounding like a no-nothing dum-dum, can anyone who has recently taken delivery of a ME confirm or deny whether their vehicle has this?

I took delivery today (Raleigh, NC) and it has the powered trunk. As indicated earlier in this thread, all new Model 3's have this. The link you are referring is an upgrade option for older Model 3's.

Graduated from this thread finally today.

Went over the car with a pretty fine tooth comb. I would say paint quality was average (definitely not perfect) but panel gaps and everything else were dead on perfect.

I have 1 super minor interior issue with a clip being broken and mobile service is already scheduled to come fix it up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_192053370.jpg
    PXL_20220226_192053370.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20220226_192110118.jpg
    PXL_20220226_192110118.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 66