Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I graduate from this thread! OD was 1/12 and delivery was 2/25 in Phoenix. Easy breezy process at the showroom, I honestly did not think it would be so fast. Did a quick inspection and everything looks fine - no major panel gaps or misalignments. Going to go through the car in more detail in the morning as the delivery associate said I have till 100 miles or 24 hours to report anything wrong with the vehicle. Drives great, and super happy about this.

Almost did not get the car today as the check from DCU was delayed and they did not send a pic of the front or back of the check but luckily it arrived in Fremont with about an hour before delivery.

This all happened pretty fast for me. Build date was 2/17 and I got the VIN on Monday 2/21 (the car had already made it to Arizona by then). Had to scramble to finalize financing and insurance as I had a delivery window of 2/21-2/25.

Wishing the Tesla VIN Gods grace you all early!
tempImage8D5X9k.jpg

What are people paying for a full PPF wrap and tint? I’ve been quoted over 6k at 3 locations in south east mass and wondering if anyone has recommendations or thoughts. Please DM (I don’t think this is the place to discuss this)
$6k is about right for full PPF, this is what I was quoted as well for XPEL Stealth and tint was quoted at $800 for XR Ceramic. I’m not sure if you’ve done other cars but just ensure the installer is reputable, if they are installing XPEL and are a certified installer you should be in good hands.

This will be the first time I am doing a full XPEL Stealth install and they were kind enough to show me a Model Y they were wrapping in the back so I could see how meticulous they were with removing items to tuck the PPF under, wrapping edges, etc..

$6k is about right for full PPF, this is what I was quoted as well for XPEL Stealth and tint was quoted at $800 for XR Ceramic. I’m not sure if you’ve done other cars but just ensure the installer is reputable, if they are installing XPEL and are a certified installer you should be in good hands.

This will be the first time I am doing a full XPEL Stealth install and they were kind enough to show me a Model Y they were wrapping in the back so I could see how meticulous they were with removing items to tuck the PPF under, wrapping edges, etc..
That crazy. 6k… never have never will, you could get a good paint job for that.

Reactions: buster84 and JRP3
That crazy. 6k… never have never will, you could get a good paint job for that.
If it’s a clear, gloss PPF, I would agree that it’s a lot for a little…

However, if you’re going with a PPF wrap (such as a matte look, or color change), then it could make sense in that context. I’ve seen these come with a good warranty (I think around 10 yrs in some cases). From what I understand, once they start to delaminate and wear out, you pull the film off and you have, essentially, what is like a brand new paint job under it.

Updated EDD!

OD 12/25
EDD1(12/28): 2/8-3/8
EDD2(1/18): 3/3-3/32
EDD3(2/14): 4/27-5/27
EDD4(2/25): 3/17-3/31

If you were following along with me in this thread before I reported that I spoke to Tesla once my EDD skyrocketed and 2 different advisors mentioned to me that they still saw my VIN as potentially being assigned March 3-15, so with the new EDD I have to assume what they told me was true.
Well 24 hours later my EDD got moved up by one (1) day.

New EDD5(2/26): 3/16-3/30

Reactions: Misslove_143
Woke up to an EDD update and VIN -

M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD3 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx)

Need to finish my external financing and insurance now.
That’s really good, congrats. I ordered a full 20 days ahead of you and delivery date is the same - March 11. I’m in Atlanta, where are you?

Reactions: 358miles
Just got the VIN text a few minutes ago! Questions about anyone buying from Texas, the App says that I must upload insurance with the Tesla VIN. I thought I had read on here you could just upload your current insurance while you worked on getting it moved to the Tesla. Also, I selected cash to move the process along, but since I don't have an SA who do I contact to move it to finance?

VIN: 194XXX
OD: 1/29
EDD 3/10-3/13

Just got the VIN text a few minutes ago! Questions about anyone buying from Texas, the App says that I must upload insurance with the Tesla VIN. I thought I had read on here you could just upload your current insurance while you worked on getting it moved to the Tesla. Also, I selected cash to move the process along, but since I don't have an SA who do I contact to move it to finance?

VIN: 194XXX
OD: 1/29
EDD 3/10-3/13
Congrats, we have the same OD and similar delivery window.

You would need to add the VIN to your current insurance and then upload the updated insurance or just get a quote from Tesla insurance and purchase that instead.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4