Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I’ve been lurking this forum since my OD and I appreciate all the great info everyone has posted. Looks like I’m also about to graduate.

OD 2/4/22. M3LR/white/black interior/18”/no FSD/Lease
EDD April 16-May 11
EDD March 3-March 31
EDD March 16-March 25
VIN March 15 2026xx
Deliver March 16

I was originally going to lease just because that’s typically always what I’ve done. I don’t drive a ton. With the price hikes since I ordered I decided to finance. 3/15 I texted my SA to have him change it for me.

He called me back and asked if I could fill the finance application out ASAP, and he thought he could get a car for me within the week. I fill it out and he calls me about 5 minutes later asking if I could pick up the car tomorrow, 3/16!

What a turn of events, im stoked!

Hey guys, I’ve been lurking this forum since my OD and I appreciate all the great info everyone has posted. Looks like I’m also about to graduate.

OD 2/4/22. M3LR/white/black interior/18”/no FSD/Lease
EDD April 16-May 11
EDD March 3-March 31
EDD March 16-March 25
VIN March 15 2026xx
Deliver March 16

I was originally going to lease just because that’s typically always what I’ve done. I don’t drive a ton. With the price hikes since I ordered I decided to finance. 3/15 I texted my SA to have him change it for me.

He called me back and asked if I could fill the finance application out ASAP, and he thought he could get a car for me within the week. I fill it out and he calls me about 5 minutes later asking if I could pick up the car tomorrow, 3/16!

What a turn of events, im stoked!
That's insane! Congrats!

That's insane! Congrats!
Thank you! Hoping today goes smooth.

Oh, for reference for everyone. Im in Ventura, California and that’s where I’m taking delivery. I also had the lease option selected and the application completed up until I texted the SA. I never had cash selected.

I know that’s not recommended but I discovered this forum a little bit after I ordered.

Your 202 prefix suggests that it's existing inventory that your SA spotted for you. In contrast, I have a 205 coming next week. We have the same order date, while you're west coast and I'm east coast.

I figured the same. As long as there’s no glaring issues I don’t mind though. Per the previous posts and comparing their VIN’s, it should have all the new stuff.

I’m without a car right now due to a great sale price I got on my truck. It’s a pain in the butt so I’ll take wherever they give me at this point.

Reactions: mooseGG and JB47394
I think that will be the difference. I had a trade accepted, it expired and I had to re enter mileage. Also I waited a couple weeks to finish the finance info then switched to cash. I’m curious how far apart our orders get filled. If you’re way ahead it’ll prove that the best purchase method is cash and no trade.
My OD was 2/14 for cash no trade. My EDD is 5/5-6/2 and hasn’t updated once.

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
And 7th EDD this morning (as expected since I'm a day into the last window). At least the window is shrinking...

M3LRAWD, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD
OD: 2/6 (March Estimate)
(2/6) EDD1: 2/24-3/24
2/16: Trade In Text
(2/25) EDD2: 2/28-3/24
(3/1) EDD3: 3/4-3/31
(3/5) EDD4: 3/9-3/31
(3/10) EDD5: 3/13-3/31
(3/11) EDD6: 3/15-3/29
(3/16) EDD7: 3/19-3/28

In Los Angeles, planning for pickup in Burbank.

Reactions: Atg511
In other words, you are not missing paint, but received the vehicle as intended. These ares are not painted to reduce costs and the impact of paints on the environment.
A 2 second spray of paint would have covered that and has essentially zero impact on the environment. I've never seen a car that didn't have the proper color coverage in those areas.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Am i twinning with anybody?
LRM3 blue, black int, aero, no fsd. Buying 48394 accessories.
South Florida.
Waiting for what seems like an eternity.
Do i have Twins? Lmfao
I also have a M3LR, blue, black interior, Aero wheels and no FSD. In Austin, Texas here. It will be our 2nd model 3 (we picked up the first on on Christmas Eve 2020), so I have not been buying 48394 accessories as of yet...I will get a few once I take delivery :)
Order date was 2/28/2022 with a delivery estimate of 5/11-6/7

Reactions: DrBebo and mooseGG
I also have a M3LR, blue, black interior, Aero wheels and no FSD. In Austin, Texas here. It will be our 2nd model 3 (we picked up the first on on Christmas Eve 2020), so I have not been buying 48394 accessories as of yet...I will get a few once I take delivery :)
AYYYY hey twin!!! Can’t wait to get the car 🥰 so excited for us… and everybody else here lol

Just south of you. Same setup (M3LR, Blue, black interior, Aero wheels). ODD was 11/12. EDD is 3/25-3/29

Reactions: mooseGG
And 7th EDD this morning (as expected since I'm a day into the last window). At least the window is shrinking...

M3LRAWD, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD
OD: 2/6 (March Estimate)
(2/6) EDD1: 2/24-3/24
2/16: Trade In Text
(2/25) EDD2: 2/28-3/24
(3/1) EDD3: 3/4-3/31
(3/5) EDD4: 3/9-3/31
(3/10) EDD5: 3/13-3/31
(3/11) EDD6: 3/15-3/29
(3/16) EDD7: 3/19-3/28

In Los Angeles, planning for pickup in Burbank.
And now a few hours later, we have a VIN!! 210### and a delivery window of 3/19-3/23.0 Super excited!

This isn't exactly an issue, or missed paint. These cavities are typically not painted fully, but generally primed and clear coated. The same level of paint applies around the hood and trunk, they are just hidden under the plastic panels.

We have a Ford Explorer with the tr-layer platinum white. In the cavities, like in your picture, it is a flat white and not the tri-coat.

In other words, you are not missing paint, but received the vehicle as intended. These ares are not painted to reduce costs and the impact of paints on the environment.
Well, saying is normal is quite a stretch. could probably be ”normal” for tesla (and also that I would like to see where they states is normal) but i can tell you I haven’t seen that not even on Fiat (I’m originally from Italy), Citroen and for sure not on BMW … and the first 2 brands produce cars definitely cheaper in value than Tesla