Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the VINs were assigned once the cars make if off the production line? Then your EDD is readjusted to account for shipping. I didn't think they assigned VINs after they're delivered to the local service center.
I "think" the way it works is the VINs are matched up to individuals based on location and transportation shortly after production. In my case I know my car was made two days before the VIN was assigned to me and started its slow ride to the east right after. I think thats why you see so many weird inconsistencies on why some people get a vehicle in TN while someone in Ohio didnt even though they ordered a month before... the train heading to TN had more space on it apparently. Its not exactly a fair solution but one that it seems tesla uses to minimize shipping costs.

I have some small damage to the front of my current car and CarMax laughed and said it was no issue and gave the highest offer. The dealer wanted the car but because of the supply line issues, he couldn't get it fixed for several months and couldn't afford for it to sit. Carvana was $1500 less than CarMax. My problem is I need to sell the car now and as we all know there is no guarantee as to when a Tesla will be delivered.

Yeah, wish I had sold my car back in December. I was basically getting quotes for prices near equal to what I had pain minus TTL.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Keep in mind, Tesla sent out a mass email notifying customers that they will forfeit deposits and order if they don’t remove hold by 2/10. My hold was set automatically because I refused to accept delivery and Tesla placed my hold from mid December until April. I was shocked at how they were forcing people to remove hold and accept delivery back in February. Given all of that, there might be a large backlog of order from early February that they’re trying to fill.
The backlog seems to be going all the way back to January orders. I ordered on 1/1/22 and I still have no VIN lol. Current EDD is 4/23 to 5/21… M3LR Blue, Black, Aero, No FSD

Just signed up!
I got a M3LR White/White/aero/no FSD OD 2/18.
At first my delivery date was May-June and then 2nd week it changed to Apr 25 - May 23 and hasn't changed since.
My SA really sucks. He is rarely responsive! I wish I could change my SA to someone else. you'd think spending this much money you'd have Apple like customer service but they really don't care. I totaled my BMW last month so I'm stuck with a car! I also just applied for a loan before the rates went up so I got a really good rate of 1.24%! Really hate to lose that if I don't get it delivered soon! My SA says the next 2 weeks they are delivering 200 cars a day.. Model 3/Y but not sure if I believe him. I just hope it changes soon. I keep texting him but no response..!