Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh… going on my 3rd week since ordering with no changes to my EDD yet. I just want acknowledgment at least….

OD: 3/4
EDD: 5/24 - 6/21
M3LR, MSM, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, FSD
My OD is 2/15 and still only have the original EDD of 4/22-5/20. I verified I have everything done, because to your point it feels weird hearing nothing. There are a lot of us.

My OD is 2/15 and still only have the original EDD of 4/22-5/20. I verified I have everything done, because to your point it feels weird hearing nothing. There are a lot of us.
Hopefully we will get an updated EDD soon! I don’t have the same build as you (M3LR, White, White, Aero, No FSD) but I’m in PHX and ordered same day with same date ranges 🥲 no update yet for me either.

Aside from the major talked about things that make this car awesome, what are some of the smaller details of the M3LR that you all are looking forward to the most?? For me, it’s the sound of the motors whirring up as you accelerate-makes it sound like you’re driving a spaceship 👽. Just that sound alone sells me on this car…

Reactions: jpaychek
Aside from the major talked about things that make this car awesome, what are some of the smaller details of the M3LR that you all are looking forward to the most?? For me, it’s the sound of the motors whirring up as you accelerate-makes it sound like you’re driving a spaceship 👽. Just that sound alone sells me on this car…
This is going to sound so silly, but since my wife and I switch driving roles constantly I am really looking forward to the seats and mirrors automatically switching. I know that’s not a Tesla specific feature, but I’m still so excited for it lol. Also the thing where the mirrors angle downwards when shifting into reverse.

Those of you that have graduated (if any of you are still around, lol), how close to your EDD did you get when you were notified of your VIN? Also, how small of a range was your EDD when you got your VIN?
I'm about a week and a half from the beginning of my EDD, and my EDD's last update went from a month window down to the current one, which is two weeks.
Just wondering if I should get excited about maybe getting a VIN, or should I get prepared to get bumped back! 🤣

Just wondering if I should get excited about maybe getting a VIN, or should I get prepared to get bumped back!
I had a 24 day window, waited a bit, then I had a 12 day window, then the VIN was available two days before the start of that window. Three days later I was able to pick a delivery date, and the earliest date available was 10 days later. Total elapsed time from order to delivery was 47 days, as I recall. Oh, and the delivery date was within my first EDD window. I don't understand all this EDD volatility.

To answer your question, I made sure not to get too carried away at any point in the process because right up to the point of driving away in the car, something could happen to derail the experience. But that's me. If you can handle the ups and downs, go ahead and get excited. Tesla is most definitely working to get a car to you.

For me, there are quite a few. I was able to get 2 test drives in, and my favorite things are as follows:
1) Performance - extremely responsive throttle, probably the fastest car I've ever driven.You CANNOT find any other car at this price point that offers similar performance.
2) Ride quality - probably the smoothest car I've ever driven with excellent handling
3) Tech - far more tech (including safety) that I've ever had in a car. Autopilot is awesome! Being able to access just about anything from your phone is so cool
4) Regenerative breaking - love the one foot driving
5) No more gas stations!

Those of you that have graduated (if any of you are still around, lol), how close to your EDD did you get when you were notified of your VIN? Also, how small of a range was your EDD when you got your VIN?
My delivery occurred within the original EDD period. The 2nd day of each EDD generated a new EDD, usually a 30-day period. Once the VIN appeared, the EDD narrowed to 2 weeks. But be prepared to be surprised, sht happens, both good & bad.

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
LR / MSM / Black int / 18"
Location Devon PA

OD: 12/23/2021
Original EDD: 2/19 - 3/19
EDD 2: 1/5/2022: 2/21 - 3/7
VIN assigned: 2/13/2022
Placed on hold: 2/27/2022
Released hold: 3/15/2022
EDD 3: 6/14 - 7/26
VIN assigned 3/18/2022
Picked up today!

Pretty painless. Was expecting a mess due to it being the last weekend of the of Q but that wasn't the case at all. Car is in great shape...one minor gap issue with taillight and will open a service ticket but I'm ecstatic how well everything has gone.🤞

This is going to sound so silly, but since my wife and I switch driving roles constantly I am really looking forward to the seats and mirrors automatically switching. I know that’s not a Tesla specific feature, but I’m still so excited for it lol. Also the thing where the mirrors angle downwards when shifting into reverse.
This 100 times. We have a substantial height difference and getting into the car to adjust everything sometimes is quite literally painful when I hit against the steering column. We've been looking for a daily driver with at least memory seats and it's such a shame this is something only the maxed out trims come with (with some exceptions). For the price you're basically buying 1.5 cars (if you want to think of it that way), but most cars that have memory seats don't have electrically adjustable steering columns.

Aside from the major talked about things that make this car awesome, what are some of the smaller details of the M3LR that you all are looking forward to the most??
I used to love my now almost 40 year old car with it's carburetor sound, but as I'm getting older I'm appreciating quieter cars more and more. Also I love the regenerative breaking aspect of it. Everything else we have to see, but as a tech person, I like that somebody is pushing the envelope in terms of UX, even if it has it's flaws. It's so heart breaking to see that the other manufacturers can only think of circular speedometers when they have an all digital display and could do literally anything with it.

Reactions: jpaychek
M3 LR/Blue/Black/18/ no FSD
OD 2/16
EDD 5/7 - 6/4. No changes since ordering
Seattle

I expect to opt for FSD but thought I might escape paying annual WA excise tax on the additional amount for license tabs if ordered after delivery. Plus if Tesla allows paying for FSD with CCard from the app - nice to get cash back from $12K. Will report what happens…
First update since ordering.

EDD - April 22 - May 27. Back to checking twice a day!