Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading this I checked mine for the first time in the last couple of hours and it changed in the wrong direction. The early date is six days past the original but the later date is one day less than the initial. Not what I wanted to see after gambling and selling my car yesterday.

OD: 3/13, M3LR, Blue, Black, Aero, no FDD. 3/14 EDD: May 18 - June 29. 3/28 EDD: May 24 - June 28
Delivery will be to Charlotte, NC
I’m about to gamble and put my car up for sell privately. I’m 1-2 months out currently but live in California so I anticipate it being only a month due to proximity to the factory

I called the Charlotte, NC location today to ask if they had any M3s in stock or had any cancelations and they were really nice and did a search for what was out there both close as well as around the country. He gave me several options but none of them really worked for me. I mentioned not wanting to bother them too often and he said call every day if I wanted. But my point is you may find this to work for you by calling your closest center.

@TeslianInNC, he told me they had a few in the Carolinas that may be of interest to you.
Thank you so much for looking out! SA in Raleigh never responded to me when I texted yesterday about getting on a queue for cancellations. I’m sure they are busy. Glad to hear you have found a helpful person in Charlotte. At any rate, hoping NC gets some love early in Q2. Sending positive vibes your way too.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Thank you so much for looking out! SA in Raleigh never responded to me when I texted yesterday about getting on a queue for cancellations. I’m sure they are busy. Glad to hear you have found a helpful person in Charlotte. At any rate, hoping NC gets some love early in Q2. Sending positive vibes your way too.
Let me know if you hear anything about the Raleigh Location if I have to get one with a diff color or interior anything is better then the possibility of getting delayed. Especially since I already sold my 2nd car to the Jeep dealership.

Let me know if you hear anything about the Raleigh Location if I have to get one with a diff color or interior anything is better then the possibility of getting delayed. Especially since I already sold my 2nd car to the Jeep dealership.
I sold my car yesterday and knew it was a major risk but CarMax kept raising the offer and I had small damage to the front from an uninsured driver and I wasn't going to wait any longer. I expected my EDD to immediately get extended and it didn't, that happened the next day. lol

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
Update: I responded to him by just saying “super disappointed”. He responded back by apologizing and I said I’ll stick with my original order but asked if there was any chance we might receive this in May.

His response: the red paint with white interior historically comes in first before any other configuration. I will keep you updated and have more details next month.

Think there is any truth to this or is he just trying to make me feel better?
Update: SA finally texted me back and said that to upgrade to the performance model I’d have to go with the new pricing. If I was changing colors I could keep the old pricing. Big time bummer. Oh well, I’ll save $7K and buy some red caliper covers.

Reactions: Chris55555
So, I just visited my local Tesla dealer (Glendale, AZ) to see if they could do anything for me. He said that there are "tons" of cancellations going on as the quarter comes to an end. He looked a bit confused with how my EDD's have been shifting down, and now further out. He checked with the "operations" and "delivery" person in the back to see if they had any cancellations or update to give me.
When he came back he said I'm stuck waiting. He said that cancellations are automatically reassigned to the next person in line that has the same configuration. He also said, and this was a bit odd to me, that my first EDD was the most accurate. So, even though I have an April EDD, my first one of June is most likely.
The last thing he said before I sulked out of the dealership was that with Texas Giga coming on line in the next week, model 3's out of Freemont should be coming out even faster.
Time will tell....

I’m taking delivery in less than 48 hours. I’m excited to open this tomorrow and see it lit up so I can complete this part.

Attachments

• CD7BBC9E-E93A-4151-B8AD-DC643F16E9D2.png
    CD7BBC9E-E93A-4151-B8AD-DC643F16E9D2.png
    326 KB · Views: 96
Me as well! Heading out from Oregon to Boise. Gonna enjoy some of the local breweries and hit my hotel to take delivery the following morning. Congrats!
Fortunately I only have to drive about 40 minutes to pick mine up. I’m really not sure what to expect. I watched a video of a woman taking delivery from a dealership. She didn’t interact with anyone from the dealership. She found her car. Did a walk around inspecting it and then she accepted the terms and her doors unlocked.

I’m used to going into the finance office. Being offered gap protection, extended warranties and putting in an hour and a half trying to get my car. Is it really that easy? Will I really not interact with anyone from the dealership? No offer of extended warranty or gap?

93 Days, 11 different EDDs, and 3+ hours sitting at the Tesla store I finally have my own Model 3 LR.

Absolutely grueling process from start to finish for me, don't know why I got so unlucky with everything while waiting for the car but fortunately the car itself is perfect. Like I said I had half a workday at the dealership waiting to finish the paperwork so I spent my time inspecting it all and following this checklist: teslaprep/model_3_checklist.md at master · mykeln/teslaprep and I didn't run into a single physical issue with the car. Panel gaps a look fine as well.

My pickup time was at 1pm and I didn't leave till 4:30, the car was ready to go at 1 no problem, however, there was an issue with my license plate transfer from my old car that I sold through Carvana. Basically on Tesla's end they saw that the plate was still assigned to my old car (even though I called 2 weeks ago to do the transfer and they confirmed it was fine). So the issue arose when they had to give me a different plate and I had to redo all the "Review Agreements" paperwork again because I filled them all out yesterday all with the other plate's info. For some reason they couldn't reset the new paperwork to show up in the app and I was just sitting there while they had to talk to someone in California about forcing it since it apparently takes a while. 3 hours later I finally get the agreements to load in the app with the new info and from there I got to finish the sale. The guy at Tesla said that what happened to me with my plate was common but the reset process normally takes 5 min so again, I just got unlucky. Now I have to take both plates to the DMV and make sure the transfer goes through but I'll do that another day, my brain is fried today.
Awesome car. Looks like it was worth the wait and hassle. Congrats!