Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah man, I'm also in the Seattle area; same specs and an 11/18 OD (no holds or rejected VINs). Current EDD is 2/9-2/22. I hope my turn comes up soon! Congrats to you in the meantime!
Ah man, I'm also in the Seattle area; same specs and an 11/18 OD (no holds or rejected VINs). Current EDD is 2/9-2/22. I hope my turn comes up soon! Congrats to you in the meantime!
Thanks. I hope you are enjoying your sweet new ride. I recommend the acceleration boost upgrade. It is fun. :D

I called my pick-up location today and asked about getting on the list for cars that others decided not to take. They put me on the list but he said something interesting about how it works. If I don't hear from them today or tomorrow I likely won't for a long time. He said after the quarter ends tomorrow they will see far fewer available options. When I asked if that will pick back up at some point he said not until the end of the next quarter. Until then it will be very sporadic 🥺

I placed an order for a Model 3 LR, Gray, 18” wheels, black interior last night. When I placed the order Tesla order page stated June-August delivery. Today my order is a September 4th to October 30th estimated delivery date. I’m not in a rush so not a big deal but it doesn’t look like it will be long before the M3LR deliveries are pushed into 2023.
When June comes around contact SA and let them know you are ready for pickup might get lucky and find you a cancel order.

Reactions: Maric
I called my pick-up location today and asked about getting on the list for cars that others decided not to take. They put me on the list but he said something interesting about how it works. If I don't hear from them today or tomorrow I likely won't for a long time. He said after the quarter ends tomorrow they will see far fewer available options. When I asked if that will pick back up at some point he said not until the end of the next quarter. Until then it will be very sporadic 🥺
Ugh that is bad news but consistent with what I’ve heard too. Keep hoping Austin will help offset model Y production by Fremont and more model 3s will be produced. Still sucks that our location is the furthest from Fremont, so they will batch deliver to mitigate extra delivery costs. I did take your advice and called. They originally said no cars at all around NC, then mentioned one in Charlotte that has a service claim already on it (ie, sounds like a reject). At least this SA was honest and disclosed that.

Has all this waiting made anyone consider used inventory? What are downsides to used from Tesla vs 3rd party, like CarMax? Considering keeping my current new M3LR reservation and getting a used MYLR but not sure yet.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Ran 120 feet of 6/3 and added a 14-50 box last night. Installed the charger this morning. What we’ll do to save a couple grand.
C9E6C58D-3810-4005-B013-5AC79C6154C1.jpeg

Has all this waiting made anyone consider used inventory? What are downsides to used from Tesla vs 3rd party, like CarMax? Considering keeping my current new M3LR reservation and getting a used MYLR but not sure yet.
I've actually been meaning to share some of the used prices I've seen, let's just say they're comical. My original plan was to buy used from CarMax and as I was going through the process of selling my current car, I started noticing the used were as much or more than new. Today they are almost always more for used. I get a daily (or more) email from CarMax showing the matching M3s to what I wanted and it's amazing how expensive they are, often $5-8k more than new.

I've actually been meaning to share some of the used prices I've seen, let's just say they're comical. My original plan was to buy used from CarMax and as I was going through the process of selling my current car, I started noticing the used were as much or more than new. Today they are almost always more for used. I get a daily (or more) email from CarMax showing the matching M3s to what I wanted and it's amazing how expensive they are, often $5-8k more than new.
Exactly. I was researching used Tesla prices and was surprised (not really) that the used prices were almost always higher than new Tesla prices. I can wait for new.

Reactions: Jigga_watt_
Yea carmax is nuts and it's not just Tesla's... They are way high on everything right now. I get the shortage but at this point they're just ripping folks off. These people are gonna be kicking themselves when the market corrects itself and they're $10k upside down.

I really hope that doesn't mean I'll have to wait until the end of next quarter to take delivery. Ordered 2/7 and my EDD is currently at 4/9-5/11...heres to hoping.

I havent bought anything but found a shop locally that will black anodize my rims.. I'm considering that, but not sure yet
I would LOVE to find someone in Cincinnati who does this. I'd love to have my 19" sport wheels treated. I love that there's no chrome door handles. I ordered a black Tesla. My windows are scheduled to be tinted. Getting my windows treated would complete the look. Any idea what the cost should be so I can tell if I'm being taken for a ride if I find someone to do it in my area?

Florida pickup here.
Just thought I’d throw my info down and see if anyone else is feeling the same pain.

OD:3/10
EDD#1: May
EDD#2: June 3 to July 1
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Yea carmax is nuts and it's not just Tesla's... They are way high on everything right now. I get the shortage but at this point they're just ripping folks off. These people are gonna be kicking themselves when the market corrects itself and they're $10k upside down.
I'm not sure they're ripping people off as much as just staying in line with what is happening with prices. For example, my car had some damage and each time I went in they offered me another $1-2k more than the previous visit, all of this over a three-month period. They paid $8k more than they would have six months ago so they'll have no choice but to gouge the buyer. You're exactly right on how ugly it's going to be for used car buyers when (if?) the market corrects itself.