Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... He then went on to say that he can see the factory schedule and it looks like I'm planned for late April to early May and around the 5th the app should reflect that and I should get a VIN mid April so don't pay attention to the EDD that app shows. I don't buy it and I feel like they'll say anything to get off the phone...
They can't see the "factory schedule". I went to my local Tesla dealer this week and they showed me the screen that they see, and it has the same info that my EDD was. My SA said that they couldn't see anything beyond the EDD. He even spoke to the person who arranges the deliveries at that location, and they said the same.
Yeah, I think you have SA's that are just as frustrated as the customers with the every changing EDD's.

They can't see the "factory schedule". I went to my local Tesla dealer this week and they showed me the screen that they see, and it has the same info that my EDD was. My SA said that they couldn't see anything beyond the EDD. He even spoke to the person who arranges the deliveries at that location, and they said the same.
Yeah, I think you have SA's that are just as frustrated as the customers with the every changing EDD's.
Hey man I'm just repeating what the man told me...I didn't go to my local center though, I called the 888 number. But yea, like I said, I don't buy it and feel like he was just wanting to get off the phone.

Hey man I'm just repeating what the man told me...I didn't go to my local center though, I called the 888 number. But yea, like I said, I don't buy it and feel like he was just wanting to get off the phone.
FWIW, I've read a few of these now, mostly on Reddit. Some say they've been told a different date by the SA and the last one I read said his SA was able to give him when the car was "forecasted" to be built. I'm not sure I buy any of that but who knows.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've read a few of these now, mostly on Reddit. Some say they've been told a different date by the SA and the last one I read said his SA was able to give him when the car was "forecasted" to be built. I'm not sure I buy any of that but who knows.
I mean it's not hard on Tesla's part. I don't know why they insist on keeping people in the dark with delivery times other than broad ranges that constantly jump around. My sister ordered an ID.4 and she got updates when it started production, finished production, when it was put on a boat and when it was scheduled to arrive at the dealership. I hear Ford is doing the same with the mach e...oh and they have refundable deposits lol. Tesla wants to have a kung fu grip on your money even though they can't meet deadlines and if you wait a year you just wait a year.

Looks awesome! Where did you get this from?
We have a local online auction website that serves Phx and Vegas called Nellis Auction. They resell Amazon returns and private auction items. The Charger is normally $450 - Lectron 240V/40 AMP through Amazon or their site, but I got it for $162 on the Auction site due to a scratch on the front. 15% auction fee and tax, but came out to a little over $200. I used offerup to find the wire and save another $150, and the rest was blood sweat and tears. (Mostly my wives tears when I drilled a couple holes in her closet on accident. LOL

I would LOVE to find someone in Cincinnati who does this. I'd love to have my 19" sport wheels treated. I love that there's no chrome door handles. I ordered a black Tesla. My windows are scheduled to be tinted. Getting my windows treated would complete the look. Any idea what the cost should be so I can tell if I'm being taken for a ride if I find someone to do it in my area?
From what I read online it can be pricey to get done, but the guy I found here locally is doing some other business for me, and claims he'll throw the rims in when they run other customers work, so it could just cost me a bottle decent whiskey 😁 Need the car/rims first before I can follow up though..

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
2/6 OD blue/white/18
orig EDD 3/14-3/31
2/14 EDD 4/20-5/18
3/31 EDD 6/10-7/22
things are moving in the wrong direction
I wonder if the Fremont factory will be retooling to add rear door double-glazed acoustic--maybe that is why EDDs are slipping further out. Saw articles about rear double-glazed windows at the beginning of the year and I think articles mentioned this would happen in Q3 and Q4, but perhaps its happening in Q2.

On my way home from work yesterday I noticed a M3(P?) driving near Fremont factory with yellow/amber rear turn signals. The strange thing about it was that they would come on with the brake lights, too. We were almost side-by-side when I noticed it was also a right hand drive. 🤷‍♂️

20220330_152945_LI.jpg
20220330.jpg

On my way home from work yesterday I noticed a M3(P?) driving near Fremont factory with yellow/amber rear turn signals. The strange thing about it was that they would come on with the brake lights, too. We were almost side-by-side when I noticed it was also a right hand drive. 🤷‍♂️

So I might be wrong about this, but I believe EU regulations require separate amber/red turn signals and brake lights. The fact that this is not required in North America, but Tesla doesn't just standardize the fleet with the separate lights is super frustrating to me. I find it safer, and the implementation on the European cars is slick! Just do all the cars like that! I know that's just my opinion, but it seems that less ambiguity with our 2000 pound rockets would be a beneficial feature to have on the roads. (ie: is that car braking, turning, blinking their hazards, or just pumping the brakes. No way to know with integrated turn signal brake lights.)

Whoops, accidently changed the quoted part or opasenBG's post. Here's what I wrote:

So I might be wrong about this, but I believe EU regulations require separate amber/red turn signals and brake lights. The fact that this is not required in North America, but Tesla doesn't just standardize the fleet with the separate lights is super frustrating to me. I find it safer, and the implementation on the European cars is slick! Just do all the cars like that! I know that's just my opinion, but it seems that less ambiguity with our 2000 pound rockets would be a beneficial feature to have on the roads. (ie: is that car braking, turning, blinking their hazards, or just pumping the brakes. No way to know with integrated turn signal brake lights.)

It's understandable that folks here are eager to get their cars and are checking the app many more times than needed. But to build a car, it's like solving a gigantic logistical puzzle. All parts need to arrive just in time to get installed and then the car needs to get delivered to its destination. While traditional manufacturers can easily ship hundreds of cars to a rough destination and move cars around between dealers in that area, Tesla doesn't have that luxury.
So my guess is, that in addition to whatever parts they're getting right now plus the destination of the car and possibly the available volume for transporting it plays into the mix, so some cars might get prioritized even if further behind in the queue.
I would also not be shocked if Tesla utilizes other services to identify ratings of their customers who place orders, similar to almost any service these days. Not necessarily credit worthiness, but I'm sure they are working on ways to predict how likely a customer is going to accept the car.
Now throw this all into a mix and some folks might get their car sooner than others.
But since we'll never know what goes into that, we can just keep guessing hoping our car is next :)

It's understandable that folks here are eager to get their cars and are checking the app many more times than needed. But to build a car, it's like solving a gigantic logistical puzzle. All parts need to arrive just in time to get installed and then the car needs to get delivered to its destination. While traditional manufacturers can easily ship hundreds of cars to a rough destination and move cars around between dealers in that area, Tesla doesn't have that luxury.
So my guess is, that in addition to whatever parts they're getting right now plus the destination of the car and possibly the available volume for transporting it plays into the mix, so some cars might get prioritized even if further behind in the queue.
I would also not be shocked if Tesla utilizes other services to identify ratings of their customers who place orders, similar to almost any service these days. Not necessarily credit worthiness, but I'm sure they are working on ways to predict how likely a customer is going to accept the car.
Now throw this all into a mix and some folks might get their car sooner than others.
But since we'll never know what goes into that, we can just keep guessing hoping our car is next :)
How could they even possibly begin to figure out if someone is more likely than another to accept the car? Unless they've already bought a Tesla or two then it may be feasible. As far as building the car goes, yeah we know that they need to get parts so that they can assemble them. The thing is in most other areas of consumables a delivery date usually gets pushed back due to delays or what have you. Rarely does it move up but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Now with Tesla it bounces back and forth like a pinball with no rhyme or reason. They have been like this since before supply chain issues. I feel like somewhere they are playing bingo with reservation numbers and that's the luck of the draw.

Reactions: Gutta420
How could they even possibly begin to figure out if someone is more likely than another to accept the car? Unless they've already bought a Tesla or two then it may be feasible. As far as building the car goes, yeah we know that they need to get parts so that they can assemble them. The thing is in most other areas of consumables a delivery date usually gets pushed back due to delays or what have you. Rarely does it move up but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Now with Tesla it bounces back and forth like a pinball with no rhyme or reason. They have been like this since before supply chain issues. I feel like somewhere they are playing bingo with reservation numbers and that's the luck of the draw.
There are tons of services available that can provide rankings on your (social) behavior, like when you sign up for vacation rentals or other things. Wouldn't be surprised if information like that could be used here as well.

Reactions: pwalsh691
Been lurking around long enough and finally I have created an account so hello world… (and thanks for this forum and the contributions I used to make my choice. Much appreciated.)

Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: March 1
EDD (on order date) : May
EDD (on March 2 after completing details in app) : May 14 - June 11

No changes since and I am in Southern California.

Now back to refreshing my Tesla app.