Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shouldn’t it be cheaper and logistically easier to have less variations?
Of course. But what if they already have the tail lamps in inventory? Or a contract to purchase the variations? Shanghai is known for introducing newer features, to be adopted by Fremont later. So this will likely be the same, and the existing inventory at Fremont may be the reason for the delay. Shanghai just doesn't have that existing inventory because Tesla realized that having a single tail lamp was the way to go. They're reasonably clever people.

As for complaints about predictions on scheduling... Geez.

By the way, those of you taking delivery today are marking the sixth anniversary of the announcement of the Model 3.

Last edited:
That’s so weird that you ordered in Jan and had an initial EDD of “June” but I ordered March and had an initial EDD of “May”. Also in Seattle. 🤨
It changed so dramatically the first time because I switched from RWD base model to the AWD Extended Range which had a start month of "March" which quickly turned into the 3/12-3/31 EDD almost immediately after I finished my profile or whatever..

Config:
- M3LR AWD
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: 03/09/2022
Site at ordering: April
EDD #1 June 15 - July 29
EDD #2 May 15 - June 29

Secured auto financing with a great rate, locked for 90 days. Hope vehicle comes before financing offer expires....we will see.
We are a day apart and almost the same set up, and like you liked into a great rate too and nervous of losing it. I am in the Bay Area too…….Tampa Bay area lol, hopefully mine moves in the right direction as well like yours.

Sigh…. Another week with no update.

23C26803-C04B-4814-A336-4F272A4A2614.jpeg

Hi all, new guy here thanks for the insights so far.
Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD
-Wall connector ordered, it is going in with my solar and Powerwall in 3 weeks.
OD: March 27
EDD (on order date) : Jun - Aug
EDD (on March 30 after completing details in-app) : Aug 6 - Oct 1

I applied for a trade-in and got my offer, I need to take pictures tomorrow and upload them. It is 3k below market to dealer and 4.5k below private so I will likely shop that around when the date gets closer. I actually looked into Carvana and Vroom and their offers were lower surprisingly.

Two questions: As far as completing the predelivery details, I don't have a checkmark next to the trade-in, still need to upload pictures and accept. Will that change my EDD any, or is the EDD everyone posts about the one in the account you see after completing the registration?

Also, what does SA stand for, I assume someone from Tesla supporting your delivery details?

Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

I applied for a trade-in and got my offer, I need to take pictures tomorrow and upload them. It is 3k below market to dealer and 4.5k below private so I will likely shop that around when the date gets closer. I actually looked into Carvana and Vroom and their offers were lower surprisingly.

Two questions: As far as completing the predelivery details, I don't have a checkmark next to the trade-in, still need to upload pictures and accept. Will that change my EDD any, or is the EDD everyone posts about the one in the account you see after completing the registration?

Also, what does SA stand for, I assume someone from Tesla supporting your delivery details?
Where are you at in NC, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Boone and very interested in solar and Powerwalls. Just wondering who's doing the install and if they might service my area.

Config:
- M3LR
- MSM
- Black Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

Welcome! Be sure to check CarMax for your trade-in. You will definitely want to get your pictures uploaded or remove the trade-in option as soon as possible so your account will have completed all of the necessary steps. Your SA is the sales advisor that you will talk with throughout the process. Some of us have had a little contact with them and others have a good relationship and get a decent amount of info.

Reactions: Junior86
Where are you at in NC, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Boone and very interested in solar and Powerwalls. Just wondering who's doing the install and if they might service my area.
In the Raleigh area, using 8M Solar (they may not operate that far West). They had the next best prices next to Tesla among the 8 companies I contacted. Tesla did not have the customer service interaction I needed for the solar and Powerwall. More than happy to buy a car from them though on the other hand.

Hey everyone, I'm Scott and we recently ordered our M3LR AWD. White on white with aero wheels and FSD.
OD: 03/07/2022
EDD: 5/29-6-26
Kansas City Area

So grateful we got our order in when we did, saved $3500.00 already. They also started and then revoked earlier delivery with FSD purchase after ordering.

I was also wondering about rumors I've heard about the M3 getting ventilated (heating and cooling) seats. Does anyone know about this? Maybe a possible mini refresh this month?