Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still can’t figure out their algorithms and man have I been trying. I have come to the conclusion that there is no rhyme or reason and that it’s totally random. Some like you say they haven’t had any EDD movement since ordering and others like me have EDD changes all over the place. Strange indeed.

OD - 2/7 - M3 LR Blue Aero No FSD
2/7 - EDD 1 - March
2/11 - EDD 2 - 5/4 - 6/1
2/16 - EDD 3 - 3/12 - 3/31
2/28 - EDD 4 - 4/23 - 5/21

3/5 - Changed from Blue to MSM

3/11 - EDD 5 - 3/24 - 3/31
3/15 - EDD 6 - 4/11 - 5/9
3/31 - EDD 7 - 6/9 - 7/21
You can’t honestly believe that it’s random??
Look at all of the variables that go in to making the cars: orders, parts, raw materials and shipping. Each one of those things will play a role on when we get our car.

You can’t honestly believe that it’s random??
Look at all of the variables that go in to making the cars: orders, parts, raw materials and shipping. Each one of those things will play a role on when we get our car.
Yes, I honestly believe it’s random. They clearly don’t fulfill orders in the order they are received. Obviously, logistically all of those things you mentioned factors into when we get them but as far as the EDDs…I think they’re just…well…random. They know exactly how many cars they can push out in any given quarter based on their supply of parts on hand and their forecasts. You would think that would be reflected in their delivery dates.

Years ago I worked for Chrysler and we had a goal for each quarter and all of the parts that would be needed were ordered the previous quarter and accounted for. So we knew exactly how many cars we’d push out any given quarter and I don’t suspect tesla is any different. What’s happening here is we are being pushed to the back of the line for those ordering performance models and fsd so again, it’s gonna be totally random when we get our cars because those parts are being used for more expensive models and then when another shipment of parts come in we may get our build or they may use it to manufacture the more expensive builds again.

Reactions: Mwhusa
New to the forum here.

Ordered a 2022 Model 3 Long Range (Black w/ Black interior / 18" aero wheels) on March 13.
Original Estimated Delivery Date was May 12- June 16.
Today (April 3) it changed to June 5 - July 17.
I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

I'm the least patient person I know..... It's only been ~3 weeks and I've been twitching and anxious the entire time. Been reading reviews and watching youtube videos, and ordereing accessories. Setup a July appointment to have the windows tinted. Tesla wall charger is installed in my garage.

Why I switched to Tesla -
I had a full sized pickup (F150) that was getting 17.5 mpg on average. I drive ~80 miles per day. Gas was conservatively $500/month. Bank Note was ~$450. Out of pocket expenses will be less in the Model 3. Paying for gas really started to feel like rent for a home/apartment. Didn't have anything to show for all that money that went through the tank. At least this way, I'll have "equity" in the car instead of using those same dollars to buy gas. That's where I started anyways..... after researching Telsa, I regret not making the switch sooner. Safest vehicles you can buy. Super fast. Outrageous tech. I can't find a single downside to owning it.

Questions:
  1. For anyone who has ordered and received a 2022 Model 3 LR, can you share your order date vs actual delivery date?
  2. How far in advance will I get notified of my delivery date? I'll have to get time off work, drive 2.5 hrs to pickup.
  3. How many times did your estimated delivery dates change before you actually received the car?

Update:
M3LR AWD / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD

OD: 03/09
Site at ordering: April
EDD #1 June 15 - July 29
EDD #2 May 15 - June 29
EDD #3 April 30 - June 4
Pull-in with smaller window

Secured auto financing with a great rate, locked for 90 days. Hope vehicle comes before financing offer expires (June 14th)....we will see.

Reactions: T-J-
I'm the least patient person I know..... It's only been ~3 weeks and I've been twitching and anxious the entire time.

Unfortunately, this means that you will have a (likely painful) experience waiting. This thread exists because of all the random moving of delivery dates, etc, thats all part of the normal tesla process. Buckle up, as when someone describes themselves as "not patient" that usually means thats the truth, and they really really (really) arent very patient.

You are in for a bumpy ride, but most people end up coming out the other end of it pretty happy with the car.

Thanks @jjrandorin - I need to just delete the Tesla App for now so it's not sitting there taunting me. I'm confident in my decision/purchase. If I could do it all over, maybe I would've waited to sell my truck. For all of it's faults, it was still nice to drive. Now I'm in my wife's mom-mobile. Don't care about the looks, but the complete lack of accelleration, comfort, or fun make the ~2hrs/day I spend in the car pretty miserable. Happy to have this forum, but honestly think it adds to my impatience. It's annoying to see someone with a later OD get a VIN assigned, or take delivery. Makes us wonder if somehow, our order is THE ONE that got screwed up in the system, bouncing around in the TESLASPACE for all of eternity while we wither away and die waiting on our cars. Even though I completely expected changing EDDs, I had fingers crossed that it wouldn't happen, and that somehow, just maybe, mine would come on that 1st day of the EDD.

New to the forum here.

Ordered a 2022 Model 3 Long Range (Black w/ Black interior / 18" aero wheels) on March 13.
Original Estimated Delivery Date was May 12- June 16.
Today (April 3) it changed to June 5 - July 17.
I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

I'm the least patient person I know..... It's only been ~3 weeks and I've been twitching and anxious the entire time. Been reading reviews and watching youtube videos, and ordereing accessories. Setup a July appointment to have the windows tinted. Tesla wall charger is installed in my garage.

Why I switched to Tesla -
I had a full sized pickup (F150) that was getting 17.5 mpg on average. I drive ~80 miles per day. Gas was conservatively $500/month. Bank Note was ~$450. Out of pocket expenses will be less in the Model 3. Paying for gas really started to feel like rent for a home/apartment. Didn't have anything to show for all that money that went through the tank. At least this way, I'll have "equity" in the car instead of using those same dollars to buy gas. That's where I started anyways..... after researching Telsa, I regret not making the switch sooner. Safest vehicles you can buy. Super fast. Outrageous tech. I can't find a single downside to owning it.

Questions:
  1. For anyone who has ordered and received a 2022 Model 3 LR, can you share your order date vs actual delivery date?
  2. How far in advance will I get notified of my delivery date? I'll have to get time off work, drive 2.5 hrs to pickup.
  3. How many times did your estimated delivery dates change before you actually received the car?
My OD 3/8
EDD May 30-June 27
MSM/Black interior
Aero 18 No FSD
Not one change in EDD since order was finalized. I am also in Indiana. Good luck waiting. The first few weeks have been excruciating, but it has gotten easier with time.

Thanks @jjrandorin - I need to just delete the Tesla App for now so it's not sitting there taunting me. I'm confident in my decision/purchase. If I could do it all over, maybe I would've waited to sell my truck. For all of it's faults, it was still nice to drive. Now I'm in my wife's mom-mobile. Don't care about the looks, but the complete lack of accelleration, comfort, or fun make the ~2hrs/day I spend in the car pretty miserable. Happy to have this forum, but honestly think it adds to my impatience. It's annoying to see someone with a later OD get a VIN assigned, or take delivery. Makes us wonder if somehow, our order is THE ONE that got screwed up in the system, bouncing around in the TESLASPACE for all of eternity while we wither away and die waiting on our cars. Even though I completely expected changing EDDs, I had fingers crossed that it wouldn't happen, and that somehow, just maybe, mine would come on that 1st day of the EDD.

To save you some reading, one thing you want to ensure you do is have your profile as complete as possible. A few people might dispute this and say "it doesnt matter" but I have had tesla people tell me differently.

What I mean is, even if you intend to finance the vehicle, the "best" thing to do is to put "cash" in that step, so that your order is not tied to financing, and will move to the next step. Unless you are unsure about getting financed, you can always swap it later to financing (either through tesla, or some other financial institution you choose).

If you get financing approval now (through tesla or otherwise), you run the risk of the financing expiring in 60 days, and having to re apply (or having your order not be in a "complete" status).

If you dont complete the profile steps, you will eventually get assigned a car, but it has always appeared to me (and corroborated by a long tenured SA I had a discussion with a couple months ago), that its better to have your profile as complete as possible as whatever algorithm tesla uses to assign cars also takes into account "are they ready to buy now?"

My wife and I just sold her X3 to get her a model Y. I placed the order for the model Y in the beginning of Jan of this year. Even though I am here daily, I did not actively participate in any of the model Y "waiting room" threads (and there are many), except on a "very very" sporatic basis. I just placed the order, and moved on with life until they told me I was assigned a vin. I had no idea if my delivery dates moved around during that process, but the car ended up being delivered during the original estimated window.

We got the performance trim model Y and the performance trims seem to get delivered faster, but I also am not the most patient person when it comes to waiting for stuff like this, so I basically pretended I didnt order anything. Worked great for me, but I also didnt need to research the car, etc as I have had my own model 3 since 2018.

Just got bumped up in my EDD! Could be because I am 6 miles from the Fremont factory…

MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD / Bay Area CA

OD: 2/19 (May on website)
EDD: 5/27 - 6-24
EDD on 3/12: 4/29 - 5-27
Today: 4/11 - 4/25
Im 2/18 - west coast

This cheers me up so much - fingers crossed for you.

We also have someone tracking this thread living close to fremont factory waiting for their delivery as well.

Update:

EDD #1 June 15 - July 29
EDD #2 May 15 - June 29
EDD #3 April 30 - June 4

Secured auto financing with a great rate, locked for 90 days. Hope vehicle comes before financing offer expires (June 14th)....we will see.
Hi
Where did you get the rate? I'm in Bay Area as well.
I'm planing to quote DCU but I'm not sure how long will the quote be valid..

Just got bumped up in my EDD! Could be because I am 6 miles from the Fremont factory…

MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD / Bay Area CA

OD: 2/19 (May on website)
EDD: 5/27 - 6-24
EDD on 3/12: 4/29 - 5-27
Today: 4/11 - 4/25
I got a similar update as well! Super excited and I’m really hoping that picking up from Fremont puts us at the beginning of the window.

Update:

EDD #1 June 15 - July 29
EDD #2 May 15 - June 29
EDD #3 April 30 - June 4

Your edd is very similar to mine. I live in Fresno, CA and ordered 2/28. Originally site said May and my edd was 5/20-6/17. Changed a few weeks ago to 4/29-6/3.

Reactions: Junior86