Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with trade ins, mine expired yesterday resulting in that pre delivery step going to a not complete state. All I had to do was update the odometer reading. No change in EDD yet and my trade in shows pending again.
Accepted the new trade in amount for $300 less but 800 miles more...the Tesla app changed the button from "Go to account" to "View". So it seems like that tip is legit.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan and T-J-
Still no change in EDD. As we get closer to May I have a question on how you pick your actual delivery date. We have a couple of trips planned in early May, one in particular in the second week of May where we’ll be out of town for 6 days. Will Tesla accommodate this?

Still no change in EDD. As we get closer to May I have a question on how you pick your actual delivery date. We have a couple of trips planned in early May, one in particular in the second week of May where we’ll be out of town for 6 days. Will Tesla accommodate this?
I ran into the same issue when my EDD was in March for a few days. I contacted Tesla and they said if I wasn't able to accept delivery I would have to release the vehicle and get back in line.

I ran into the same issue when my EDD was in March for a few days. I contacted Tesla and they said if I wasn't able to accept delivery I would have to release the vehicle and get back in line.
I stopped in at the sales center in Edmonton and asked the same question. You have 72 hours to pick up your vehicle or you can arrange with the sales center and have an authorized friend or relative to pick it up for you. That’s the case here , have to assume that’s the deal everywhere.

Went into a Service Center just for kicks and giggles to see if they carried any all weather mats and to see if they could tell anything about my EDD that is two weeks away. They mentioned that if you haven't seen any movements in EDD that its actually a good thing and that the actual EDD is towards the latter date. I'd take all of this with a grain of 🧂 though..

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Went into a Service Center just for kicks and giggles to see if they carried any all weather mats and to see if they could tell anything about my EDD that is two weeks away. They mentioned that if you haven't seen any movements in EDD that its actually a good thing and that the actual EDD is towards the latter date. I'd take all of this with a grain of 🧂 though..
It's funny. I've heard a 100 SA stories on here and 100 variations of what the SA's say. It's a shame that Tesla doesn't have them trained in a standardized, truthful response. Personally, I think some SA's will say something that 1) they've heard others say or 2) whatever they want just to get you out of the dealership.

Wish I could say the same for me. Still no update for me. OD 02/19. Hoping to hear something this month at least. Just need Tesla to acknowledge my order or something lol
Best case, my guess would be expect a VIN 1-2 weeks before the start of your EDD window. But with Fremont at a standstill my experience might be invalid.
That's what several people have said. A few have talked about pausing their order but no details have ever been given on how to do that.
Just contact your SA and ask to put an XX-day hold on your order (max is 90 day hold).

I also seem to be one of the only ones here who's primary method of talking with their SA(s) was via email.

Reactions: doodlebob424
Best case, my guess would be expect a VIN 1-2 weeks before the start of your EDD window. But with Fremont at a stand still my experience might be invalid.

Just contact your SA and ask to put an XX day hold on your order (max is 90 day hold).

I also seem to be one of the only ones here who's primary method of talking with their SA(s) was via email.
I knew you could contact the SA and pause it but I was referring to not knowing if it could possibly cause you to get pushed back to the bottom of the waiting list.

And yes I haven't heard about too many people that communicate with the SA through email. Some have mentioned calling them but most of us have only exchanged a few texts.

My EDD is April 11 - 25, no VIN yet so I texted my SA today and they said, “Your estimated delivery date is the estimated time you will be matched to a VIN.”

That doesn’t make sense, does it?

This is Fremont pickup.
It seems like all SAs just make up whatever they want to get the customer to stop bugging them. Ask 10 different SAs and you get 10 different answers. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I knew you could contact the SA and pause it but I was referring to not knowing if it could possibly cause you to get pushed back to the bottom of the waiting list.

And yes I haven't heard about too many people that communicate with the SA through email. Some have mentioned calling them but most of us have only exchanged a few texts.
Based on what others have posted, if you haven't received a VIN yet, you won't be pushed to the end of the line by putting a hold on your order. If you do have a VIN, putting a hold on the order means you give up the VIN and wait to be assigned the next one that matches your config.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
It's been 52 long and arduous days since I ordered the fabled Model 3 LR. My EDD was March 14-31 at one time, but has slipped back to May 4 - June 1. I've exhausted my supplies of Cheetos and Mountain Dew, my wife stormed out in disgust (and took the dog), but all I can do is watch Tesla Youtube videos on repeat. I've heard harrowing tales of a "RWD" version that requires an even longer wait; I don't know if I possess the fortitude of those warriors. (Wow, talk about first world problems) 😂
This should be a documentary. I imagine dramatic black and white clips of empty bags of Cheetos, spilled Mountain Dew, and an angry wife that storms out of the house while you sit on your couch covered in Cheeto dust, sitting in a puddle of your own drool with bloodshot eyes desperately refreshing your Tesla app. We could call it ‘Elon’s Inferno’ A harrowing first person account of the 52 (sometimes more) layers of hell that lie between your Tesla order date and it’s eventual delivery. In fact, I’m in the 95th layer of hell, didn’t think there was that many. :)