Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is some advice for anyone taking delivery soon.
I bought a brand new Tesla M3 which was delivered in March 2nd week. There was issue with top glass as it was warped and kind of coming off on one end. Reported the issue same day using Tesla app and got an appointment 4 weeks later which was today.

SC replaced the top glass. The original issue was fixed but they freaking introduced new ISSUES. Now top glass is not flushed below windshield (As per Tesla SC manager it should be flushed below windshield) It has small slopes and its kind off dipping on one end.

My SA was awesome but he told that there is only so much he can do anything about it. SC manager was as incompetent as the technician who worked on the car and told me this is one of the best jobs that his team has done and everything is within the spec.

To summarize, went to SC with one issue and came back with multiple issues.

Here is my advice to everyone who has a post delivery appointment to get delivery issues addressed:
- Simply reject your car if you are unhappy. Don’t pin your hopes on SC to fix issues. These are expensive cars and you are paying upwards of 60k to buy these.
- Live with delivery issues if you can. SC will introduce new issues for sure.
- This is my 3rd Tesla. Same thing happened with my 2020 MY. Went to SC and came back with more issues and I didn’t learn my lesson.

This is so ironic. Musk is trying to fix twitter and planning to go to Mars but freaking cannot fix Tesla build issues and poor SC experience.

Here is some advice for anyone taking delivery soon.
I bought a brand new Tesla M3 which was delivered in March 2nd week. There was issue with top glass as it was warped and kind of coming off on one end. Reported the issue same day using Tesla app and got an appointment 4 weeks later which was today.

SC replaced the top glass. The original issue was fixed but they freaking introduced new ISSUES. Now top glass is not flushed below windshield (As per Tesla SC manager it should be flushed below windshield) It has small slopes and its kind off dipping on one end.

My SA was awesome but he told that there is only so much he can do anything about it. SC manager was as incompetent as the technician who worked on the car and told me this is one of the best jobs that his team has done and everything is within the spec.

Here is my advice to everyone who has a post delivery appointment to get delivery issues addressed:
- Simply reject your car if you are unhappy. Don’t pin your hopes on SC to fix issues. These are expensive cars and you are paying upwards of 60k to buy these.
- Live with delivery issues if you can. SC will introduce new issues for sure.
- This is my 3rd Tesla. Same thing happened with my 2020 MY. Went to SC and came back with more issues and I didn’t learn my lesson.

This is so ironic. Musk is trying to fix twitter and planning to go to Mars but freaking cannot fix Tesla build issues and poor SC experience.
It will sell for 10k more than you got it for - buy a new one if you can wait this out

Such a tease - excitedly went to check if I got an EDD update

Unfortunately not.

I am driving 800 KMs every week - in my crappy civic with zero features. Need to upgrade - fastt - come on Tesla - bring it onn

I have FSD bundled - scared to remove it now and put it on credit card from an EDD push out perspective.
Pulled the trigger and removed FSD from my car - EDD hasn't changed yet. Let's see if I wake up to a nasty surprise tomorrow AM.

One of the reasons to remove FSD is to save on incremental luxury car tax which starts to kick in at 75k price point - plus the benefit of putting FSD on a new card would bring my savings to 4% of the cost of car almost 3.5k.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm leaning towards just forgetting about the little issues that I found for fear of this exact thing happening. I have a thumb-sized dimple on a metal roof panel and a misalignment on a glass roof panel. It's raining here and there are no roof leaks, just that misalignment. Worse, my original appointment was pushed back a month because the shop is so busy. That's not a shop that I want to send my car to.

I ordered on 2/15 in Central FL. I think my EDD has changed once. My EDD has been sitting at 4/27 - 6/1 for a while now. Not sure if a steady EDD is a good thing or bad.
Seems that people are posting that their SA are saying little to no movement on their EDD is a good thing, but who knows how much truth there is to that. My OD was 2/26, never had an EDD change, only the first one after my profile was complete. I'm still looking at 5/13-6/10. I'm in Western NY

Reactions: Mohammadm
Seems that people are posting that their SA are saying little to no movement on their EDD is a good thing, but who knows how much truth there is to that. My OD was 2/26, never had an EDD change, only the first one after my profile was complete. I'm still looking at 5/13-6/10. I'm in Western NY
Also in Western NY and have had the same EDD (5/7-6/4) since my OD of 2/20. Fingers crossed no news is good news

No offense to those SAs but I feel like they’re completely speaking anecdotally. My assumption is that there was a lot of movement for people on the Q1 bubble. But hopefully that’s all settled out now. It just seems there haven’t been too many new VINs going out so hopefully that’ll pick up soon.

I think there might be some kind of quarterly trend where generally at the beginning of each quarter they get rolled out slowly, then they ramp up towards the middle of the quarter, then they start slowing down again towards the end. That's what seemed to happen for this Q1 at least.
20220406_104717.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone been allowed to designate someone else to take delivery if you are out of town during the 3 day window? Also, how many days do you have to log issues with the vehicle after taking delivery?
Curious about this also. I could you carrier direct delivery (maybe) as a back up but I’d rather avoid the delay of this.

One SA told me that you could do this, but I called the main Tesla number and they told me that I couldn’t because the registrant needs to be there.

Has anyone been allowed to designate someone else to take delivery if you are out of town during the 3 day window?
As I recall, they're pretty rigorous about everyone on the title being present. Ask your SA if anything can be reworked to accommodate your schedule. They may be particularly rigorous to avoid scalping of queue positions.

Also, how many days do you have to log issues with the vehicle after taking delivery?
From a post a year ago:
You have up to 100 miles or 24 hours (which ever comes first) to report all issues that will be covered at no cost if the issue is actually "out of spec".

Service appointment date doesn't void this agreement. Once 24 hours or 100 miles are driven after delivery you lose the chance to report more issues, however the car us still under warranty, so they'll cover anything other than what they consider typical wear and tear.
I suggest that you do as thorough an inspection as you can prior to accepting the vehicle. If there's nothing obviously wrong with it, your vehicle will be fine. As I mentioned above, I found a couple finish issues on the exterior of my vehicle, and I put in a service appointment that day - and I just cancelled it (two weeks later) because I don't want to mess with the body shop possibly screwing things up any more. The vehicle is functionally fine, the flaws can only be seen if you look closely, and the annoyance of taking the car in for service cancels out any displeasure I have with the flaws. That said, I have photographically documented the fact that they were present by making that service appointment, which may serve some purpose later on.

As I recall, they're pretty rigorous about everyone on the title being present. Ask your SA if anything can be reworked to accommodate your schedule. They may be particularly rigorous to avoid scalping of queue positions.

From a post a year ago:

I suggest that you do as thorough an inspection as you can prior to accepting the vehicle. If there's nothing obviously wrong with it, your vehicle will be fine. As I mentioned above, I found a couple finish issues on the exterior of my vehicle, and I put in a service appointment that day - and I just cancelled it (two weeks later) because I don't want to mess with the body shop possibly screwing things up any more. The vehicle is functionally fine, the flaws can only be seen if you look closely, and the annoyance of taking the car in for service cancels out any displeasure I have with the flaws. That said, I have photographically documented the fact that they were present by making that service appointment, which may serve some purpose later on.

This is really helpful. The 24 hour window is going to be the issue because even if they let me designate someone else to take delivery I can't really put that burden to document the flaws on them also.

I think there might be some kind of quarterly trend where generally at the beginning of each quarter they get rolled out slowly, then they ramp up towards the middle of the quarter, then they start slowing down again towards the end. That's what seemed to happen for this Q1 at least.View attachment 790635
Based on this, it looks like we'll start seeing more VINs assigned next week, and ramping up into May (which explains the large group of people with May-June EDD's)

Sad morning. My 2-week window EDD was pushed back again. I don't understand why Tesla cannot provide accurate EDD as other brands do. It should not be a difficult task for Tesla. For me, it seems Tesla is just playing with random numbers for EDD, while the accurate EDD in their backend system never changes. Another possible reason is, they keep changing the EDD just because they want to deliver orders with larger margins first, e.g., new orders with higher price, orders adding FSD, etc, which pushes back my order over and over...

Besides, is Tesla hoping customers to cancel their orders of lower prices, due to losing patience? I cannot literally find a reason for this keep changing EDDs.....

M3LR
Pearl White Multi-Coat
Black Int
19'' Sport Wheels
No FSD

OD: 2/12/2022
EDD#1: 4/22 - 5/20
EDD#2: 3/17 - 3/27
EDD#3: 4/18 - 5/23
EDD#4 (4/1): 4/4 - 4/18
EDD#5 (4/5): 4/21 - 5/19
sucks for sure, but have patience. I ordered before you, and you still have a closer EDD than I do. The wait will pay off

Reactions: DC_Wheels52