Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla calls them "service advisors". The web site handles sales. The SAs are responsible for handling the delivery process and then anything you need after that. Other people have used the term "dealership" with Tesla when the company has fought so hard to ensure that we didn't have to deal with middlemen. So Tesla has service centers, stores, and showrooms.

They're raising prices on Long Range and Performance models. Unsurprisingly, that's got to be due to the increase in nickel prices. The Standard Range vehicles use LFP batteries (lithium iron phosphate) and so aren't affected. When Elon made that plea for nickel production in his battery day talk, he wasn't kidding around.
I’m not positive but think that the Standard Range price went down in this latest round. It’s showing as $46,990… I think it was a little higher previously?

Last edited:
My time is almost up!!! I woke up to an email from Tesla asking to complete my payment; opened the app, and have a VIN assigned!! 229xxxx
🤪
White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD: April 18 - April 24

Pickup in Brooklyn.

My time is almost up!!! I woke up to an email from Tesla asking to complete my payment; opened the app, and have a VIN assigned!! 229xxxx
🤪

Pickup in Brooklyn.

CONGRATS!!!!!! Can't say I'm not jeaolous, but.... living vicariously through your post this morning and got excited for you! Let us know how delivery goes!

Reactions: dave405nyc
Wrong direction!
OD: 03/09
Site at ordering: April
EDD #1 June 15 - July 29
EDD #2 May 15 - June 29
EDD #3 April 30 - June 4
EDD #4 May 29 - July 10
It seems like your EDD is more in line with others now, April 30 was pretty early but that would have been nice lol

Mine is:
OD 3/20
EDD 1: July 2022
EDD 2: June 3 - July 15
EDD 3 (4/5 update): June 5 - July 10

🤪

Pickup in Brooklyn.
Add your entry to the spreadsheet that tracks VINS and deliveries! Us NY peeps seem to be underrepresented for whatever reason: Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
It seems like your EDD is more in line with others now, April 30 was pretty early but that would have been nice lol

Mine is:
OD 3/20
EDD 1: July 2022
EDD 2: June 3 - July 15
EDD 3 (4/5 update): June 5 - July 10
Not only did I get pushed out a month, window increased from 5 to 6 weeks. Infuriating, esp considering the site at order was April.

Feds are raising rates. Will be interesting to see where rates land at our delivery date as its clearly looking like my rate will expire (90 day lock) prior pick up.

Time for another Public Service Announcement.

Once you've been on the forums for a bit, you should be able to supply a signature for your posts. You can see that Prime's (and mine) are located under our posts and that they show the critical information about our orders. That helps to avoid everyone asking each other for that information.

To set up your signature, click on your name at the top of the page, then click on the silhouette/gear icon, then click on Signature. Then you can type in the information and Save.

If you haven't been on the forums very long, that option may not be available to you yet. Just keep an eye out after a week or so and it should appear. If anyone notices the exact timing for how long you had to wait to see the option, please let us know.
Thanks for the note! I suspect that the option becomes available once you post a certain amount. It doesn't seem like I have the ability to set a signature just yet, or at least I don't see any option for Signature. It doesn't look like I can like posts either. Hopefully I am graced with these features soon. :p

Not only did I get pushed out a month, window increased from 5 to 6 weeks. Infuriating, esp considering the site at order was April.

Feds are raising rates. Will be interesting to see where rates land at our delivery date as its clearly looking like my rate will expire (90 day lock) prior pick up.
Yup, definitely frustrating. I would say that change is a great example of how tesla's EDD system is crap. I'm mostly trying to focus on the OD of people currently getting VINs. I recently saw on this page someone from 1/17 OD get a VIN, so we're a long way out lol. Also the interest rate of my prospective loan has gone up 0.25% already so I agree with the frustration lol