Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the most powerful computers in the world - some of the smartest AI engineers in the world's most competitive labor market (Literally just 2 years of experience with a masters can net you 500k per annum salary as an AI engineer in the bay area) Just the paychecks alone would be 200 million a year at least (I also work in a top 5 tech company, in the AI department - so I know) infrastructure - computers etc would be another several hundred million.

And these will be recurring costs - however 150k people have purchased FSD so far assuming an 8000$ avg cost that comes to around 1.2 billion. So FSD is probably breaking even.

I am personally getting the car for its top notch ADAS (or AP and maybe FSD) system in the market plus supercharger network. Market prices pre-owned FSD at around 3k so yes, its perceived value is way lower than actual estimated value, but growth companies often invest in future technologies for incremental profits later on.
I want to like this but can't since I am too new, thanks for the insight. What I really learned is I got the wrong kind of job lol, 15+ yrs experience and not making anywhere close to 500k. More power to those engineers though, I can not create a neural net or any other AI system, I barely understand this stuff.

I want to like this but can't since I am too new, thanks for the insight. What I really learned is I got the wrong kind of job lol, 15+ yrs experience and not making anywhere close to 500k. More power to those engineers though, I can not create a neural net or any other AI system, I barely understand this stuff.

It’s really about supply and demand - no one knew that computing would be so cheap and pervasive, software freely distributed and this insanely rapid spike in demand for technology, 10 years ago.

It’s less about the individual brilliance of these engineers but more about severe crunch in the supply (coupled with very scalable revenues that a few technology engineers can pull in)

Most of them are just in right place at the right time.

Just like those lucky OD mid March in remote places who got VIN assigned in 15 days because someone in that region cancelled the order and car ended up in inventory.

Reactions: Theraven
Nice! You’re one of the later Feb dates I’ve seen get delivery. I wonder if they’re shipping out to Bay Area folks because of proximity
Probably not. As I have posted in this thread and others, myself and my friend both ordered M3s in late February in Knoxville, TN and we both got our cars just under 30 days later (just a week apart). We passed on ours and gave the VIN to my son with a new EDD of April 29/June 02 which has yet to change.

Nice! You’re one of the later Feb dates I’ve seen get delivery. I wonder if they’re shipping out to Bay Area folks because of proximity
Hi, been reading here since beginning of March and finally decided to post to give those Feb orders some good news for the Midwest….Hope to see the same for everyone soon.

MLR Blue Black Int 18 Aero no FSD
OD 2/12 at Chicago but might pick up at Michigan after financing or paying cash

EDD at time of order was April
First EDD on 2/15: May 12th - June 9th
Second EDD March 26th- 27th(Saturday night/ Sunday morning sometime): April 28th- June 2nd
Third EDD on April 9/10(Sunday again waking up to this change: April 24th-May 8th

Hope this helps out those Feb orders and hope these dates don’t change. I will update once I receive a vin….

I've been assigned a VIN after getting pushed from 4/18-5/16 to 5/9-6/13 :)

Original OD: 2/22; White with black interior, 18 aeros and no FSD; Norcal- Bay Area
Same config with OD of 2/15 in Central FL. My date just updated to 5/15 - 6/12 from 4/27 - 6/1. It looks like your VIN was assigned 30 days out so hopefully other mid Feb ODs will be hearing something soon.

Hi, been reading here since beginning of March and finally decided to post to give those Feb orders some good news for the Midwest….Hope to see the same for everyone soon.

MLR Blue Black Int 18 Aero no FSD
OD 2/12 at Chicago but might pick up at Michigan after financing or paying cash

EDD at time of order was April
First EDD on 2/15: May 12th - June 9th
Second EDD March 26th- 27th(Saturday night/ Sunday morning sometime): April 28th- June 2nd
Third EDD on April 9/10(Sunday again waking up to this change: April 24th-May 8th

Hope this helps out those Feb orders and hope these dates don’t change. I will update once I receive a vin….
My Edd has changed this morning as well. My OD is 8 days after yours and my current EDD changed to a window that is 6 days after yours. Ontario Canada.

M3 LR AWD
Red Multicoat
Black interior
18" aeros
No FSD
Cash purchase
Located in Laramie WY
Pick Up is Salt Lake City (No other options were presented, even I would think Denver would be a lot closer)

Order Date: 01/18
EDD @ OD: April 9 - May 7
EDD @ April 10: April 23 - May 21
Still no VIN
:(

Reactions: Theraven