Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eeeek!

The SA just called me and wanted to know if I would be down for a White on White performance edition. I was so tempted, but I stayed strong. They did mention that they got a few in, and there are a couple that are exact matches for me, but waiting on assigned owners who are saying they need to delay for a few weeks.

Getting my hopes up

Ordered Model 3 Long Range (Black w/ Black interior / 18" aero wheels) no FSD on March 13
Original EDD was May 12- June 16.
April 3 it was June 5 - July 17.
April 10/ current it's June 1- July 6

Not even sweating it anymore. I've ordered and received every accessory I think I'd like to have. Set an appointment for July 15 to have the windows tinted (obviously this may have to be rescheduled). Just posting my EDD changes for reference in the event others find it useful. Came to the conclusion there's no good indicators of how long I'll be waiting to receive the car. Do I want it yesterday? Yes. Do I expect delivery in the most recently provided window? No. Can I wait until it gets here? Not many options.

Sold my truck and borrowing a car from a family member in the meantime, so on the bright side, no bank note for a couple/ few months. Oh.... and no insurance costs either. That alone will pay for most of the accessories and window tinting. Next to consider is whether to order the Paint protection film... never had it on any other vehicle, but also never had anything brand new before. Leaning toward doing it because I live on a long gravel road. Any recommendations?

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Hopefully last update from me! VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!

Pickup in Brooklyn.

I went with DCU for the 1.74% rate, process was super seamless, already have the check in hand less than 24 hours after applying.

no updates, EE

Pickup in Brooklyn.

I went with DCU for the 1.74% rate, process was super seamless, already have the check in hand less than 24 hours after applying.
Congrats 🥳 . I have exact same config, OD - Jan 22, EDD April 12 - May 10, no VIN yet, in the Bay area

Reactions: dave405nyc
Eeeek!

The SA just called me and wanted to know if I would be down for a White on White performance edition. I was so tempted, but I stayed strong. They did mention that they got a few in, and there are a couple that are exact matches for me, but waiting on assigned owners who are saying they need to delay for a few weeks.

Getting my hopes up
Do it! You know you want to..... come on... call them back! (I'm a bad influence)

• Funny
Reactions: mystryman007
Do it! You know you want to..... come on... call them back! (I'm a bad influence)
Oh I so wanted to. I wanted to do what my friend and I call "Pulling a Jeff" which is basically, when the dealership or electronics store doesnt have the model you were looking for, but has the next model up, so you take it.

Granted I have never been disappointed in that, but I gotta stay strong this time. If he had said Black interior. I would be on my way to the dealership right now :D

Sold my truck and borrowing a car from a family member in the meantime, so on the bright side, no bank note for a couple/ few months. Oh.... and no insurance costs either. That alone will pay for most of the accessories and window tinting. Next to consider is whether to order the Paint protection film... never had it on any other vehicle, but also never had anything brand new before. Leaning toward doing it because I live on a long gravel road. Any recommendations?
I sold my car about three weeks ago and I'm driving a family member's car while they are down from knee surgery. I'm not sure what will happen if the M3 doesn't arrive by the end of May. I like the savings on the payment and insurance but my carrier put me on liability only so I'm still very careful with my driving and if I need a rental I'll have to take additional insurance or rely on my credit card company which covers the additional amount needed.

Pickup in Brooklyn.

So does DCU just give you a cashiers check for the full amount of the loan? If so, your order just stays on the cash option rather than finance, correct? Do you just hand Tesla 2 checks on delivery day, 1 from DCU for the loan amount, and another from you for your down payment, or do you give your down payment to DCU and they write a check for the full amount?

Pickup in Brooklyn.

Congratulations! Finally the wait is almost over. Its nice to see you finally get your vehicle and VIN. Gives the rest of us here hope that the same will come for us soon (even with all the EDD changes). Enjoy your ride!!!

So does DCU just give you a cashiers check for the full amount of the loan? If so, your order just stays on the cash option rather than finance, correct? Do you just hand Tesla 2 checks on delivery day, 1 from DCU for the loan amount, and another from you for your down payment, or do you give your down payment to DCU and they write a check for the full amount?
For the order, there are 3 options: cash, finance with tesla partner, and finance with 3rd party. When I first ordered, I left it as cash. Then once I got the VIN, someone from Tesla switched it back to Finance for me. From there, I chose finance with 3rd party, and entered in DCU. DCU mailed the check to my house, so I just have to hand it over to Tesla when I pick up the car.

For the remaining balance, I used Plaid to ACH the rest.

Eeeek!

Getting my hopes up
Uggh. I would do that for the $8k today. I’m so tempted even almost 2 months in to this to switch to a Performance to get some movement on my dates. Still no movement…

Have you ever gotten into a long line and finally made it to the front and now you see there is no line behind you, and you are mad about that. Me neither just asking for another guy. Will this line ever end?

Wow really good! Out here in VA, I got several quotes for a 40ft Copper Run, and outlet install ( 800.00 - as much as 3k ) You can take a guess which one I went with...
Yeah, contractors in the DC area vary between "reasonable" and "ruthlessly greedy". I had a breaker, 60ft run, some interior conduit and a 14-50 outlet installed for nearly $1400. Snaking the run took several hours, which is why I hired a guy. Well, that, and wanting to make sure it was to code. Note that perhaps half of that was material cost. A 75ft spool of #6 wire at Home Depot is $530. Just nuts.

No rebates or discounts here for a charge port.

At least I installed the cable hatch in my garage door myself. And I even got a chance to make use of my hoard of random fasteners that every guy accumulates.

I called the Tesla 800# and spoke to a nice rep, but not very much new information. He said they could not see any additional information on the EDD, he could just see what I saw (May 4- June 1). I explained that we're a bit desperate because we're a 1-car family now since my teenaged son totaled my car 2 months ago (thus the model 3 order). He looked around the existing inventory and found a model 3 in Texas, but the $2,000 transport price tag is too steep.