Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He configured his vehicle with FSD, which is a pricey option. Base configuration vehicles are going to be given a low priority in the build order. Also, they're trying to get FSD going in Canada, so they may be particularly enthusiastic about getting FSD vehicles up there.

Not always. I noticed my VIN in the app. My SA never once contacted me, but was always helpful when I had a problem or needed information.
Man, I appreciate you still hanging out in this forum even after you picked up your car to provide the much needed support! 👍👏

Finally received my first update in NY too

M3LR, white, black interior, no FSD
OD 02/17
1st EDD (02/18): 05/19-06/16
2nd EDD (03/22): 05/04-06/08
Just received another update narrowing the window from 5 weeks to 4 weeks :) but pushing the front end back a little :(

M3LR, white, black interior, no FSD
OD 02/17
1st EDD (02/18): 05/19-06/16
2nd EDD (03/22): 05/04-06/08
3rd EDD (04/12): 05/12-06/09

I have to imagine that it would take weeks for those parts to arrive via boat. I also can’t imagine the import fees! I’m curious to what parts are in short supply. Computer parts could easily be flown over. Doors, not so much.
But this is consistent with what I was told yesterday that Fremont is having supply issues.
M3LR, black, black interior & no FSD
OD(RWD switch to LR/AWD) 04/11

Bay Area pick up in Fremont

1st EDD(04/11) - JUN - AUG no date
2nd EDD(04/12) - 06/02 - 07/07
Same pick up location. Your switch date is a month or so after our order date and we essentially have the same EDD. The upgrade to black is working in your favor, we have the base MSM.

Have been lurking here with envy for awhile watching people that ordered well after me get their cars. Not sure why mine is taking so long but I ordered mid December and just got pushed out until early May at the earliest. New York pickup, MSM, M3LR, black interior, Aero wheels, no FSD and everything taken care of as far as pre delivery tasks. Original EDD was beginning of March and have had a 2 week window a couple different times now only to get pushed back 4 times or so. I've been inside a week from getting to the front end of EDD twice so I don't have high hopes now

This tells you a lot about why we have to wait so long.

0-US-electric-vehicle-sales-q1-2022-CleanTechnica-logo.png

Have been lurking here with envy for awhile watching people that ordered well after me get their cars. Not sure why mine is taking so long but I ordered mid December and just got pushed out until early May at the earliest. New York pickup, MSM, M3LR, black interior, Aero wheels, no FSD and everything taken care of as far as pre delivery tasks. Original EDD was beginning of March and have had a 2 week window a couple different times now only to get pushed back 4 times or so. I've been inside a week from getting to the front end of EDD twice so I don't have high hopes now
Thats crazy, and not exactly great to hear for us NYers that ordered in 2022!

Anyone know if color effects delivery date? Is 1 color produced more than another? Thinking of changing to black or gray but still deciding. I don't have the option to add a signature yet so OD 4/7 M3LR/white/black/19", NFSD EDD Jun 9 - Jul 21 NJ pick-up.
In theory, the more you pay for the paint, the sooner your car should be produced. So Red would be made before White. Again...,in theory.

Reactions: E90alex
What does your SA have to say about the long wait time? That's really peculiar. It's a low-end configuration but you've been waiting since December?
They just say the usual "the estimates are just estimates, not set in stone, subject to change, things like supply, demand, supply chain, logistics are all factors." Asked if I changed color to blue or something if that would help they said no it'll put me in the back of the line again.

They did send a text at one point asking if I was interested in solar panels? Not sure where that came from but got my hopes up when I saw I had a text from them