Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my god. I just got a call and saw “TESLA” in the caller ID. I thought this was it. But no, he just wanted to go through my order “Dot I’s and cross T’s”. he said. Darn it. I asked if there was any info, all he would say is that most orders get filled in NY in the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. So May/June. Augh!
I hope you didn't provide any new information over the phone to someone who called you. A caller ID isn't secure. They can be faked/spoofed. I'd contact my SA to make sure Tesla did the calling.
Same here. The cheapest quote I received was $875. But that's running wire from my basement, opposite corner of where the outlet will be installed, to the garage. Total 65' of wiring, which is a big chunk of the cost.
I have the same situation except that the wiring had to be run entirely through walls and in finished ceilings. Fortunately the joists ran in the right direction. Unfortunately, this is the DC area where everything is absurdly expensive. I paid $1300 for a 60' run, and half of that was indeed materials. A 75' run of #6 is $530.
I would think no news is good news?
Exactly. I prefer the stability of a single date that they stick to, regardless of the timing. The only stress I experienced during my order was reading this forum and seeing people's dates jump around. I thought I'd never know when the car would arrive. As it turned out, my EDD window was very stable.

Mine changed today to be one day earlier and about a week shorter to the same as yours. Chicago pickup.

Was first change since ordering on 3/23. Cant believe I missed the price increase by a few days :(

Also am waiting for the new SR AWD MY to hit the web. Possibly thinking of switching over to it, if I can plead with Tesla on it. If that was an option back when I ordered I would have went that way without hesitation. Now I am doubting my choice of LR M3. But at the same time I dont want to lose that $250 just to change to the Y.
If the standard range MY is what you really want, losing $250 is pretty minor in the scheme of things (SR MY looks like $61k+ with delivery charge). Timeline on Y would obviously depend on how successfully Austin production ramps up

If the standard range MY is what you really want, losing $250 is pretty minor in the scheme of things (SR MY looks like $61k+ with delivery charge). Timeline on Y would obviously depend on how successfully Austin production ramps up
yeah its def top end of budget but its right at that break point where a Y makes more sense than a 3. Plus we stopped by a tesla dealer over the weekend and checked out the two differences between them and we all agreed we liked the Y better (visibility, roof, hight) than the 3. Not saying the three is a bad car or option by anymeans, ill still take what I have on order gladly :). But at the time of ordering I just couldnt justify the $8k price difference between the two models. Now that were only $3K apart, its a different story.

I have def been fighting this in my head the last few days since the announcement that its coming. So we will have to see what happens and what it all entails when it hits the web for ordering.

Oh my god. I just got a call and saw “TESLA” in the caller ID. I thought this was it. But no, he just wanted to go through my order “Dot I’s and cross T’s”. he said. Darn it. I asked if there was any info, all he would say is that most orders get filled in NY in the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. So May/June. Augh!
02/19 here for LR in NY too.
The EDD is still 10 May - June. Was in late April but jumped back to May a couple of days ago. Tesla SA called a few days ago with the usual 'making sure all info is correct and about some seminar/videos before pickup'.
It sucked as before the call EDD was 28th April - June. A day after the call it moved to 10th May - June.

I know we all like to theorize on here about EDD, so I have another one that may be interesting:

We saw EDD's move in the right direction (earlier) towards the end of march, now they are moving backwards again. I'd say its possible that the EDD is a function of some sort of moving average, and towards the end of the quarter as deliveries ramped up the algorithm kept that same number as the projection. Now that there haven't been any deliveries in the past 2 weeks, the average number of deliveries also dropped, so we're seeing the EDD pushed back. I would be curious to hear how other models with much longer wait times change shortly before / after each quarter change.

Personally my EDD didn't really change, but I am pretty far out (3/20 OD, June 5 - July 10 EDD), so maybe I wasn't affected by this. I'll be giving myself something to do by watching if EDD's move forward again as production ramps up for the quarter.

M3 LR, Black/Black. No FSD
Order Date: 19 MAR 2022
Original ESD June - Aug
Updated ESD June 7 - July 12
Pickup in Indianapolis.
I ordered the same on 3/15 (18" aero wheels) and also Indianapolis pickup. My EDD is currently June 1- July 17. I wonder if our cars will come together? Where do you live? I'm just outside of Louisville KY in South Eastern Indiana!

02/19 here for LR in NY too.
The EDD is still 10 May - June. Was in late April but jumped back to May a couple of days ago. Tesla SA called a few days ago with the usual 'making sure all info is correct and about some seminar/videos before pickup'.
It sucked as before the call EDD was 28th April - June. A day after the call it moved to 10th May - June.
Yeah, it’s a bit nuts. I know there is great demand, but they seriously need to get their system in order.

99D527F5-9578-4E9E-AD57-25F849B38135.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: wblwrites
I’m probably about to piss off a lot of people here..

I was expecting to wait another 2-3 months BUT as of 1:45PM PST I just got assigned a VIN via text and got emailed to complete the rest of my tasks in app (proof of insurance, payment, etc).
HELLLLL YEAH BROTHER! CONGRATS! Pissed? Not at all. Jealous? Maybe a bit.... ok.... DEFINITELY jealous!

I was expecting to wait another 2-3 months BUT as of 1:45PM PST I just got assigned a VIN via text and got emailed to complete the rest of my tasks in app (proof of insurance, payment, etc).
Hopefully my red LR got painted with yours and they just need the white seats to be put in!

Are there any videos of the actual production lines?

Wow! I’m in Az too. Ordered a month before you and I have FSD. Teslas delivery process makes no sense.

Congrats man, that's awesome. Seems like it was originally someone else's order that got cancelled, but who knows. I have the exact same config as you but with FSD and in CA. You've given me hope that I'll randomly get delivery, but I'm almost certain this won't actually happen to me. Enjoy your Tesla!

Reactions: JB47394