Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For reference to the crowd I’ve attached a pic Of the one I’m looking at and in the green I think it heals the grill, but to all their own.
This is the same color I was looking at with the BMW. I was getting told it would be about 5-7 months to take delivery though. I also am not quite sold on the range, performance, etc. I drove the I4 M50 and it was great, but I wouldn't be doing the M...

Reactions: JB from the AZ
Just checked to see if I got an update and our window just shrunk but still around the same time as the 2nd EDD.

M3LR, MSM, Black, 19" SW, No FSD
OD 4/2/22
EDD#1 July 23-Sept 17
EDD#2 June 5-July 17
New EDD June 7-July 12
To my eye, at least, that's an impressive set of dates (I feel like it's Wordle, with a row by row score): relatively recent order, dates moved up, and then slightly back, but settled and smaller range. Next time you update this (and hopefully for only good news), please add WHEN you got those updated EDDs. Keep us posted!

Reactions: JB from the AZ
I’m sorry, what? Does that update keep you from driving to work every day? My date was 3-4 weeks. It has now turned into 16 weeks. There are people that ordered in august of last year who haven’t received a car, meanwhile hertz (decemberish order) has been receiving their orders. This is a complete mismanagement of deliveries. Intentional or incompetence, you decide.
Too bad we don't have a Hertz insider who can tell us what models and options they ordered. Just curious if Tesla is having us believe that Hertz has to wait in the same line we do but really fulfilling that massive order at a much higher percentage.

So I picked up my car today, it is a bittersweet moment to say that I am officially graduating today :)

I picked it up at Tesla Brooklyn, and it was a ghost town in there. I was pretty much the only customer there. Everything went smoothly, and it was far from a touchless experience (which I didn't mind). The Tesla advisor took me to the 2nd level parking lot where my car was parked, walked over the car with me, and showed me how to use the UI. I asked him if it's been busy over the last few days, and he mentioned that they've only been doing around 3-4 deliveries a day since the start of the 2nd quarter, but it will ramp up within the next few weeks, and will top out at their usual 50 deliveries per day as the quarter ends.

In terms of the car itself, it is AMAZING!!! Well worth the wait! I know many of you have EDD's pushed back, but don't give up hope! My order to delivery timeframe was 91 days. Car is almost perfect, even the door jambs are fully painted; no panel gaps with the exception of the right trunk hinge, seems ever so slightly off, but not enough for me to complain about it. And yes, my car did come with the mobile charging kit.

I just purchased Accelertation Boost, but haven't gone out to the car to test it out as it's late now; I'm sure I will have a helluva weekend with the AB ;) I will report back with my opinion on it. PRO TIP: Avoid paying tax on the AB by changing your billing address to a tax free address. I changed my billing address to a family member's CA address. In NY, I would've been charged an extra $175 for taxes.

VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!
4/15/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 22 4PM pickup
4/22/22 picked up!

Attachments

• 67235034843__6327062B-77B6-49FA-BA74-431DAA375359.JPEG
    67235034843__6327062B-77B6-49FA-BA74-431DAA375359.JPEG
    395.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 67235033902__9FA1911D-2CB3-4AFF-A7FF-80AC8FDC0945.JPEG
    67235033902__9FA1911D-2CB3-4AFF-A7FF-80AC8FDC0945.JPEG
    362.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4977.JPEG
    IMG_4977.JPEG
    337.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4983.JPEG
    IMG_4983.JPEG
    325.1 KB · Views: 72
So I picked up my car today, it is a bittersweet moment to say that I am officially graduating today :)

I picked it up at Tesla Brooklyn, and it was a ghost town in there. I was pretty much the only customer there. Everything went smoothly, and it was far from a touchless experience (which I didn't mind). The Tesla advisor took me to the 2nd level parking lot where my car was parked, walked over the car with me, and showed me how to use the UI. I asked him if it's been busy over the last few days, and he mentioned that they've only been doing around 3-4 deliveries a day since the start of the 2nd quarter, but it will ramp up within the next few weeks, and will top out at their usual 50 deliveries per day as the quarter ends.

In terms of the car itself, it is AMAZING!!! Well worth the wait! I know many of you have EDD's pushed back, but don't give up hope! My order to delivery timeframe was 91 days. Car is almost perfect, even the door jambs are fully painted; no panel gaps with the exception of the right trunk hinge, seems ever so slightly off, but not enough for me to complain about it. And yes, my car did come with the mobile charging kit.

I just purchased Accelertation Boost, but haven't gone out to the car to test it out as it's late now; I'm sure I will have a helluva weekend with the AB ;) I will report back with my opinion on it. PRO TIP: Avoid paying tax on the AB by changing your billing address to a tax free address. I changed my billing address to a family member's CA address. In NY, I would've been charged an extra $175 for taxes.

VIN 229xxx

4/22/22 picked up!
Congrats!
and is that the mobile charger in the trunk?

Reactions: dave405nyc
From what I know, if you and your fiance is going to be in the registration both of you will have to go per 3rd party financing means, you can always have your fiance removed on the account registration menu on the website and add them later on
thanks. I think once I get the VIN, I will try and sort out the issue with the SA. Basically she doesnt have a license. So she wont be driving anytime soon. We just added both of our names on the registration to get a lower downpayment from Tesla provided lender: trying to save some for the wedding. So gonna have to sort out the issue of pickup on a weekday, if it comes to that.

VIN 229xxx

4/22/22 picked up!
Congratulations! Thanks for the updates!!

Reactions: dave405nyc
View attachment 796644
I’m really hoping to wake up with some good news tomorrow as I enter into the first day of my EDD window. Absolute worst case scenario would be seeing a major push back like so many already have. I’m expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. We will see what happens!
Today was my first day of my initial EDD, got pushed back halfway through the day.

Last edited:

VIN 229xxx

4/22/22 picked up!
Congratulations! Glad it worked out for you, despite the long wait. Let us know how the AB performs. Something I’m seriously considering.

VIN 229xxx

4/22/22 picked up!
Congratulations!!! So happy for you. Enjoy your ride