Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is A LOT of emotion and anxiety (been there) with all the changing EDD's. FWIW, my observations have been that it's not just Tesla. Drive by ANY ICE dealer and the lots are empty or near empty. Tesla lets you order the EXACT car you want with (usually) a pretty good estimate when it will arrive. Other ICE options include waiting lists just as long or longer for cars that may not be exactly what you want. My M3LR was the best decision for me back in January. Beat the price increase, got the mobile connector and adaptor, and got my car in less than two months. Loving every minute of driving it!
Well my estimate date is 9 months off. And what is this
There is probably no correlation, but this is why I suggest not getting the trade-in involved until after you get a VIN. as soon as you get a VIN, ask your SA to open up that option and get an offer.
looks like
I just got pushed back EDD was 4/28-5/26 now July - Oct 2022. Od: 2/16 Red, White Interior, 18 Aero, FSD. Not happy
sorry to hear. That is the same as me, but i heard there is a bug in the system and to check back next week. But not sure how true it is, its all over reddit yesterday. Also when did you order your car?

You should call Tesla and talk to a service advisor about your next move. The normal sequence in the US is to place your order online, interact with the web page to complete the initial tasks of financing, a trade-in, etc, then be told to install the Tesla app and keep an eye on that for updates about your order.

The number for Tesla customer service is 1 (888) 518-3752. I have no idea how Tesla is trying to handle deliveries in Japan, especially whether the app works from Japan. All I see is that the one Tesla delivery center is right there at Osaka (Ariake). At least that part is nice.

Note that VINs are assigned very late in the process. Given that the vehicle will have to be shipped overland and across the Sea of Japan, you will likely have a comfortable wait between a VIN being assigned and actually taking delivery.
On average, in Japan, one month and two weeks pass between the VIN being assigned and the actual delivery.

The doubts I had were about the steps after the order was completed. I thought that some kind of ETD is displayed on the account page, but if I am not mistaken, it only happens when AFTER the VIN is assigned. In my case, the VIN would appear around the end of May, so until then there's nothing else to do.

I thought that some kind of ETD is displayed on the account page, but if I am not mistaken, it only happens when AFTER the VIN is assigned.
I don't recall if the EDD shows up on the web page, but it definitely shows up in the app. Have you installed the app, and are you using it to track your order?

As always, if you have any questions about your order, you should contact your service advisor (SA). That's what they're for. The normal means of doing that is to reply to the text you received when you created your order. If you never received that text or if you accidentally deleted it, call the 888 number that I listed.

That’s crazy! It has to be a mistake, you’re the first person I’ve heard picking up in SLC with that big of a push back. My EDD is still saying 4/23-5/21, I bet yours bounces back up in the next few days.
My SA reached out today (I’m pushed back to mid May - mid June in the app) and said I’m scheduled to get my car end of this month / early next month (the EDD before the push back). No VIN yet but I’m carefully getting my hopes up?!

I would be ecstatic if my SA reached out to me. How did you manage to get a good one?
I would not describe mine as good by any means. I heard crickets for months when I asked anything. My guess is the car is coming up on their system and they're prompted to reach out. Last time they reached out was to ask about a trade in right before my two week window (but I then went ahead and changed colors, which pushed everything back again). They're friendly for sure, and I'm sure lots of folks are reaching out, but I wish the communication would be more streamlined.

Last edited:
From my personal experience, for the car I got and my mom got, touchless meaning two things; I had an option to have it deliver right outside my house or pick it up from the Service Center that was 40 minutes away. I chose to have it delivered, they instructed us to check for issues and the paperworks are on a fedex folder to send out including the paperworks and registration. Key cards were left inside the car.

For my moms car, touchless delivery meant we had to go pick it up from a location, they gave us the keys, we checked the car by ourselves without any advisors around us, once we were ready to go, we have to talked to one of the advisors to sign something
Thanks. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to sign the papers and fedex them, or e-sign the papers. I cant have home delivery as I am outside 50 mile radius. Fiance cant take a day off work. We both are on registration, though I am the main person who has the order in his name and will eventually be paying for everything. Was wondering if I could just go myself and accept the delivery. Else will have to figure out a way to schedule the delivery over the weekend.

Thanks. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to sign the papers and fedex them, or e-sign the papers. I cant have home delivery as I am outside 50 mile radius. Fiance cant take a day off work. We both are on registration, though I am the main person who has the order in his name and will eventually be paying for everything. Was wondering if I could just go myself and accept the delivery. Else will have to figure out a way to schedule the delivery over the weekend.
I've read about the home delivery for those far from a delivery location but do you have any additional info on how it works? I'm three hours from my pickup location and would certainly consider home delivery if it's not an outrageous price.

It does clearly say everyone on the registration has to be present but maybe they can work out something for you.

Reactions: show_stoppa
From what I know, if you and your fiance is going to be in the registration both of you will have to go per 3rd party financing means, you can always have your fiance removed on the account registration menu on the website and add them later on

Aero's would like to wish you and unhappy Friday 🤬
1525132-00-A_0_2000.jpg