Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped by a Tesla store today. One month ago (mid of March), when I visited the store, the showroom was empty, and there was no car on the parking lot for test drive. Today, the showroom and the parking lots are full of shinning cars, yet all of performance version. Besides, my SA confirmed FOUR things to me:
1) The supply chain issue do causes delivery delays.
2) Based on my OD (2/12), my M3LR would be delivered "before June".
3) Tesla will first fill west coast orders, due to higher demands.
4) I don't have to physically show up, when the car is delivered to my house, in case I was out of the town. I can still accept delivery on my phone.

Hope the information is helpful.
Thanks for the update. I have similar config but with 18" and same order & EDD.

Thanks for this, I needed to read this and I will over and over again because this waiting game is nuts.

I just got pushed back EDD was 4/28-5/26 now July - Oct 2022. Od: 2/16 Red, White Interior, 18 Aero, FSD. Not happy
I received an update today as well and wasn't thrilled with new dates 5/31- 7/5.So I called my Tesla location and they were very nice and explained all the variables of why the longer delays. He also told me they will flag my account to look out for matches and said he would send me a text so I can get updates and ask questions I have for delivery.

So I picked up my car today, it is a bittersweet moment to say that I am officially graduating today :)

I picked it up at Tesla Brooklyn, and it was a ghost town in there. I was pretty much the only customer there. Everything went smoothly, and it was far from a touchless experience (which I didn't mind). The Tesla advisor took me to the 2nd level parking lot where my car was parked, walked over the car with me, and showed me how to use the UI. I asked him if it's been busy over the last few days, and he mentioned that they've only been doing around 3-4 deliveries a day since the start of the 2nd quarter, but it will ramp up within the next few weeks, and will top out at their usual 50 deliveries per day as the quarter ends.

In terms of the car itself, it is AMAZING!!! Well worth the wait! I know many of you have EDD's pushed back, but don't give up hope! My order to delivery timeframe was 91 days. Car is almost perfect, even the door jambs are fully painted; no panel gaps with the exception of the right trunk hinge, seems ever so slightly off, but not enough for me to complain about it. And yes, my car did come with the mobile charging kit.

I just purchased Accelertation Boost, but haven't gone out to the car to test it out as it's late now; I'm sure I will have a helluva weekend with the AB ;) I will report back with my opinion on it. PRO TIP: Avoid paying tax on the AB by changing your billing address to a tax free address. I changed my billing address to a family member's CA address. In NY, I would've been charged an extra $175 for taxes.

VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!
4/15/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 22 4PM pickup
4/22/22 picked up!
Great tip. You just gave us a 9% coupon for AB. :)

So I picked up my car today, it is a bittersweet moment to say that I am officially graduating today :)

I picked it up at Tesla Brooklyn, and it was a ghost town in there. I was pretty much the only customer there. Everything went smoothly, and it was far from a touchless experience (which I didn't mind). The Tesla advisor took me to the 2nd level parking lot where my car was parked, walked
over the car with me, and showed me how to use the UI. I asked him if it's been busy over the last few days, and he mentioned that they've only been doing around 3-4 deliveries a day since the start of the 2nd quarter, but it will ramp up within the next few weeks, and will top out at their usual 50 deliveries per day as the quarter ends.

In terms of the car itself, it is AMAZING!!! Well worth the wait! I know many of you have EDD's pushed back, but don't give up hope! My order to delivery timeframe was 91 days. Car is almost perfect, even the door jambs are fully painted; no panel gaps with the exception of the right trunk hinge, seems ever so slightly off, but not enough for me to complain about it. And yes, my car did come with the mobile charging kit.

I just purchased Accelertation Boost, but haven't gone out to the car to test it out as it's late now; I'm sure I will have a helluva weekend with the AB ;) I will report back with my opinion on it. PRO TIP: Avoid paying tax on the AB by changing your billing address to a tax free address. I changed my billing address to a family member's CA address. In NY, I would've been charged an extra $175 for taxes.

VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!
4/15/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 22 4PM pickup
4/22/22 picked up! Oh
How did you manage to avoid the tax bro? I live in CA and the taxes to my knowledge still hold for the AB. What constitutes the tax free address? Also congrats on the car, i hope you enjoy it as im sure the wait grew a white hair or two.

Reactions: dave405nyc
How did you manage to avoid the tax bro? I live in CA and the taxes to my knowledge still hold for the AB. What constitutes the tax free address? Also congrats on the car, i hope you enjoy it as im sure the wait grew a white hair or two.
Seems that CA exempts sales tax on most software purchases, and AB qualifies. Another alternative is using any other sales tax free address, like Delaware, but I don't know anyone living there 😂

Attachments

• IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 99
Still holding steady. No updates. I don’t know what will be worse…no updates until delivery window…or being pushed back on the first day of that EDD 😂
I’ve only been given one EDD since I ordered back on 2/18, which is 4/23-5/22. I’m seeing a lot of people get pushed back after entering into their EDD window. I’m prepared to finally see some movement today, but I’m hoping to see a narrower 2 week window.

My EDD journey to date:

(Black, Black, Aero, no FSD, Atlanta, OD Feb 12)

DateEDD
02/12/22​
April
02/19/22​
May 10 - June 7
02/26/22​
March 14 - 27
03/06/22​
May 4- June 1
04/15/22​
May 5- 19
04/20/22​
June 1 - July 6
My EDD just got updated to a 2 week window this morning. I have the same config as you and ordered one day earlier. I would've assumed our EDDs should be very similar (maybe a few days off).

Ordered on 2/11 - MSM, black, 19”, no FSD - Philly
  • Website - April
  • 2/21 update: 5/16-6/13
  • 3/8 update: 3/22-3/31
  • 3/12 update: 3/26-3/31
  • 3/13 received trade in text
  • 3/19 update: 4/25-5/30
  • 3/31 update: 4/27-5/25
  • 4/23 update: 5/17-6/14
Ordered 2/17; FL LR/MSM/white/19” no FSD

Yesterday: April 25-May 23 —-> May 16 - May 30