Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy cow... most of your points mirror my thoughts exactly! Especially about the current capabilities of the car being sufficient and this being the 1st time you're the "cool kid" in terms of having the latest/ greatest thing. But you REALLY hit the nail on the head with your comment about never previously spending more than $25k on a vehicle. $60k sure seems like a big jump until you really account for all of the benefits of the model 3. Great response!

Same. It’s a big jump for me too, especially since this is going to be the first car I ever buy new. I’ve always been a pragmatic person and rarely spent money on something I don’t need. This is different. I don’t need a Tesla. I want a Tesla. I want the acceleration. I want the long range. I want the latest tech. I want the futuristic look. I want to indulge myself when I drive myself to work or pick up groceries. I’ve been driving an old car for years and told my friend when I achieved a certain salary I’d upgrade to a Tesla. I hit that salary this year so I want to get what I promised myself.

I don’t kid myself into thinking I’m saving the world - I’m aware that the cost of producing batteries is huge, or saving money - a Model 3 costs nearly twice as much as an ICE sedan. I’m just doing this for myself - and for my family and friends, when they get a fun ride on my incoming little pony ;)

I ordered my Long Range Model 3 in mid-March and both the Tesla app and website show no EDD.

I am attaching screenshots just to ask you, is this normal?

I received my RN (which I covered in the screenshots), but I never had an EDD.

Note: car ordered in Japan.

Attachments

• IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:47.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:47.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:42.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:42.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:44.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:44.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:45.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-04-25 21:28:45.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Theraven
This is my first electric vehicle, and I ordered for many reasons.

1. The car is electric, making it clean and simple. It is just so wonderful not to deal with the mechanical nightmare that is an ICE vehicle.
2. It requires very little maintenance, and I've always been terrible at maintenance.
3. Tesla doesn't use the dealership model, which was a huge point for me. I could go on about that for a week.
4. I wouldn't even consider a non-Tesla because it took Tesla 20 years to achieve its current success, and all that while no existing carmaker got off their backside to pursue this technology.
5. I love the styling, inside and out. A Model S would be amazing, but the most I've ever put into a car was $25,000, so I remain uncomfortable even with the relative ostentatiousness of a Model 3.

As for going obsolete, bring it on. The Model 3 is a good vehicle. More capabilities will be great, but it's just not that important. What it can do today is plenty. I've never been the cool kid on the block with the newest toys. With the Model 3 I get to be the cool kid, and that's a fun sensation, but it's not something that I need to repeat. Let the improvements come. In a few years, I'll move up to the next great thing in electric cars.

Make that "in electric trucks".
All of your points mirror mine exactly! I paid $25K for my 2014 Prius which I will be selling to help offset this MAJOR investment in my first EV (non-hybrid). Also, I'm done with doing my own oil changes, ICE maintenance, etc. I'm finally looking forward to cleaner technology and something FUN to drive!

well, VIN assigned. No email, no text. Just randomly opened the app and there it is. With an EDD while I'm on vacation in Europe 🤦🏻 not sure what I can do at this point
I hear you. I have a friend who was in exactly the same situation and got a text/call that he had to pick up the car in 72 hours or it would go to someone else. Also, his wife was not comfortable driving highway and the nearest pickup location involved highway travel. He called me and asked if I could go with his wife to pick up the new Model Y and drive it back. Of course, I said "absolutely"!
Are you the only registrant on the title? If so, call Tesla and explain your situation. Hopefully, they can work out a solution. Hang in there!

Reactions: Junior86 and kk89
I ordered my Long Range Model 3 in mid-March and both the Tesla app and website show no EDD.

I am attaching screenshots just to ask you, is this normal?

I received my RN (which I covered in the screenshots), but I never had an EDD.

Note: car ordered in Japan.
Seems like you'd have more luck in a Tesla forum with a Japan waiting room. Have you searched for one? I feel like most of the answers you get here will be purely speculative as they'll be based on experience gained by a North American audience. If I was in your shoes I would call Tesla and get your answers directly from them either way.

Reactions: nishinari