Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my analysis of the issue, it seems to be related to the VINs in the 230xxx range , which were manufactured close to 04/18th. Upon further exploration, it seems like the 230xxx VIN range vehicles are all RWDs (seeing 243xxx VINs for LRs). That means it has to do something with the LFP battery and an outdated charging port part and associated software.

Dont think the LR and P folks need to be worried just yet.

Objection hearsay. Objection speculation. (been watching too much of a certain trial these days) :)
Nah, I have 240 range, but it's LR.

My guess is that the reason they removed the charger was due to shortages, not low utilization. I firmly believe this. That’s why they can’t comment if cars will have it beyond the next few weeks.

The transparency at Tesla is frustrating as well as the lack of information from SAs. Either they are told not to say anything, or they are left in the dark like the rest of us.

Also if the car has Ryzen, it should have the 12V lithium ion battery.

Are picking you at the Lawrence location in Toronto?
If they're having supply chain issues then they should just say that. But to omit the cable and then charge folks $400 for something literally required is beyond asinine. Ship it when you have it available. What's next? Cars will ship without tires and you'll have to buy them for $1000? This company is really starting to rub me the wrong way with secrecy surrounding orders, removing hardware and features while steadily raising prices. This car is really becoming not worth the price and I know a lot of fanboys will feel some type of way and downvote this but it has to be said. They need to be called out on their sh*t and maybe things will change.

Gotcha. Are you familiar with the delivery process in the case of using an external loan? What documents do you need to bring to delivery? What information do you need to provide to the delivery agent in advance if any?
I'm using outside financing and my credit union overnighted me a check and I'll just hand it to them. Send your mvpa (when you get it) to your financial institution and they'll take care of the rest. In my app the payment option has a green check mark and says amount due is zero.

Reactions: Hiline
My delivery is suppose to occur in about 2 weeks. I was sent an email by a tesla SA (had no contact with this person prior to this) and was invited to a Teams meeting to go through the delivery process and answer any questions participants have.

1. the SA mentioned that some cars may be shipped to pick up location but place on hold due to parts shortages. The parts would be installed upon availability. He said that tesla didn’t want to delay production and shipment of the rest of the car.

2. Someone asked if the cars would have the 12V lithium ion battery and ryzen. SA said they should all come with ryzen but he didn’t know / didn’t think there would be the 12V lithium battery.

3. Someone asked if we would be getting the mobile charger, and he said if your delivery is in the next few weeks, they will. But he said that the cut off is not defined at the moment and that just because you ordered before apr 17 doesn’t necessarily mean you will get the mobile charger.

so….i thought all the cars now have 12V lithium, and i thought it was official that those who ordered before apr 17 would get the charge. This makes me think his information isn’t that credible. But he is a tesla SA.
My SA also sent me a link for a Teams meeting.

I know somebody that works at Giga Texas and that person told me that they are producing about 100 model y per week. I dont know if that is fully right but we will see. My first day of my EDD just hit hope to god I will get a vin soon.
On Twitter one guy posts pics each day from Giga Texas and it appears to be more than 100 but that's just my observation.

Here’s my hot take on the whole SA thing. Usually when people refer to texting their SA, they mean that they texted the number that they received a text from when they first placed their order.

I texted that number with a question that I had and got the typical copy/paste response. Then I asked if the person texted me was a service advisor at my local Tesla service center and this was their response: “This thread is monitored by Delivery Advisors in order to give you a prompt response”.

To me, this sounds like when you text that number it is sent to a general thread that a random delivery advisor will respond to. I’m fact, I’m wondering if you texted that number a week apart if you would even get the same person. Obviously, I don’t know this for sure but I have a hunch that there’s no such thing as having your own SA. But I don’t know for sure, so correct me if I’m wrong if anyone knows differently!
Everytime I text my SA she responds...it's the same person everytime... apparently she is assigned to me.

Wondering if anyone here in a state where it's offered has taken advantage of Tesla's insurance. I did a quote last night and they offered me a policy for $45 a month (which is a far cry from what my current insurance company quoted) contingent upon my "safety score". They said they'll arbitrarily start me at 90 and my premium can fluctuate depending upon my score each month. I am hesitant because I remember reading about those same safety scores tied to the fsd beta and guys were saying it was hard to keep a high score. The slightest thing drops your score they say. I just feel as if it's a bait and switch...like I get it cheap that first month and the following month it'll be $150 or something. So just curious if anyone has it and how it's going.