Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3D printer sounds fun -- guess I may get one too lol

And with the costco floor mats -- was the delivery time reasonable or did you order like 1-2 months in advance?

Ordered Apr 25, delivered today - so super quick.

Btw, SA reached out via email to confirm delivery details - no VIN yet, but definitely things are moving and shouldn't be too much longer. He seemed to have the wrong amount due though - as when I ordered, the luxury tax threshold was still at $55k for ZEVs, but this has since been raised to $75k - meaning no more luxury tax on the M3LR! It updated on my account page today though, so it must've just changed. Make sure you double check this for yours as well.

Matrix (LED) headlights, aka pixel headlights, aka adaptive headlights, aka projector headlights, aka cornering headlights:

View attachment 799215

View attachment 799214
Oh man. It would suck if they randomly remove this thing.
It is already bad to wait for the car, and even more so to not get all the features despite paying the hiked up prices from 2022.

Oh man. It would suck if they randomly remove this thing.
It is already bad to wait for the car, and even more so to not get all the features despite paying the hiked up prices from 2022.
See this demo of what’s possible with the matrix lights on the Model Y (same as model 3).

Currently really only useful for light show but hopefully adaptive driving beam function will be enabled in a future software update.

This week was a record for VIN assignments
1651361904810.png

See this demo of what’s possible with the matrix lights on the Model Y (same as model 3).

Currently really only useful for light show but hopefully adaptive driving beam function will be enabled in a future software update.

They will have to put a disclaimer when they enable it via software update. "All cars post 2021 can take advantage of the feature except for cars produced between April 23rd and June 23rd 2022" .

So, are there any cool details I can find based on my VIN? 239700 if that helps. Hopefully I'm not sharing anything I should've kept confidential. I talked to my SA again and she said I should be able to get the car Friday or Saturday. Ordered March 15 will take delivery May 5. Can't be happier about 51 day turnaround, but don't want to skew the spreadsheet since I'm getting someone's cancelation.

I know, I know - I'll let you guys know if it has the mobile charging cable, and now apparently matrix headlights. I'm not sure what it would take for me to decline delivery. It'll have to be something very serious for me to pass. Guess it's time to look at some of the million delivery checklists to make sure I know what common issues to be on the hunt for. My drive home is over 100 miles, so I think I have to catch it "on the lot" for them to fix free if I recall reading that correctly?

Alright guys, shocking news.. I just went to my local SC new car lot in Seattle area, and I noticed that the Model LR with factory gate 04/25 +- 2 days has started to use the old headlight. Didn't specifically check SR cause I ordered LR, but did discover that perf model isn't impacted and still using the new matrix headlight. Something you probably need to check with your SA but I don't think they even noticed that.. Photos attached with headlight and factory gate date, and VIN.
If they changed the headlight back to the old version (non-matrix), wouldn't Tesla have to let us know before taking delivery? Or we are just supposed to take whatever they give us and discover the surprises later on?!...

3 questions:
1) Could this be an even newer version of lights?
2) What about the cars from 28th? Are they same as 23rd or are they like 25+-2?
3) What were the VINs?

Edit: Seems like the VINs from 238xxx - 241xxx . Can people who have taken the delivery confirm this?
I can instantly tell it's the old headlight, it's same as my current 2018 model 3. I also saw car from 04/28 and LR ones are still using the old one. VINs are in the picture, I didn't take picture for the one with factory gate 04/28 as I'm too lazy.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
If they changed the headlight back to the old version (non-matrix), wouldn't Tesla have to let us know before taking delivery? Or we are just supposed to take whatever they give us and discover the surprises later on?!...
To me, I'm fine with not getting a model charger, but the new headlight, oh man, I'm not sure if I want the car without it. My car was with factory gate date 04/23 so I'm not sure if my car has it or not, it's sitting in a Tesla offsite lot that I don't have access to.

Reactions: E90alex
So, are there any cool details I can find based on my VIN? 239700 if that helps. Hopefully I'm not sharing anything I should've kept confidential. I talked to my SA again and she said I should be able to get the car Friday or Saturday. Ordered March 15 will take delivery May 5. Can't be happier about 51 day turnaround, but don't want to skew the spreadsheet since I'm getting someone's cancelation.

I know, I know - I'll let you guys know if it has the mobile charging cable, and now apparently matrix headlights. I'm not sure what it would take for me to decline delivery. It'll have to be something very serious for me to pass. Guess it's time to look at some of the million delivery checklists to make sure I know what common issues to be on the hunt for. My drive home is over 100 miles, so I think I have to catch it "on the lot" for them to fix free if I recall reading that correctly?
I'm pretty confident that 239700 VIN range should still have the new matrix headlight! All of them in Seattle lot have it.

Reactions: E90alex

Nothing specific. People were using VINs last year or so to see if their vehicles has the new ryzen chip and heated wipers etc. For now, it might be that you ll have to see the VIN and guess if you will be getting the matrix lights or not. VIN just tells you when your car was made. Typically newer VIN means availability of new features. But apparently in the matrix headlights case, newer VIN = bad

Reactions: bugnotfound
Got another update this morning. Moved the EDD closer to the original estimate, but shrunk the gap to a 5 week window. What really bums me out is that I check the gd app every five minutes, but the only changes have been displayed at 5:00 AM (Pacific) on Fridays. I mean, I'm not going to stop checking every five minutes, but I would love my diligence to pay off at some point!!
Same. I got 2 updates in 36 hours. It’s now May 14 - May 28. Fingers crossed if they actually Hoby that window. My od was 2/23

Ordered Apr 25, delivered today - so super quick.

Btw, SA reached out via email to confirm delivery details - no VIN yet, but definitely things are moving and shouldn't be too much longer. He seemed to have the wrong amount due though - as when I ordered, the luxury tax threshold was still at $55k for ZEVs, but this has since been raised to $75k - meaning no more luxury tax on the M3LR! It updated on my account page today though, so it must've just changed. Make sure you double check this for yours as well.
I see a tax of $8040 on cost price of $66880 -- but these figures seem unchanged for me. Are you seeing a lower tax?