Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this talk of vins has me thinking I'm getting an old rejected car. My vin is in the 235xxx range while everyone else has one 239xxx and higher. At this point I'm wondering about the ryzen and 12v battery.
It might be a good thing. Sounds like it’s early enough to have matrix lights?I am just reading about it now. Would not be happy if mine doesn’t come with them.
FYI. Mine is 236xxx and it had an EDD of may 2 to may 5. I emailed the showroom when I got the purchase agreement and they scheduled me for may 12. When I called them they said it’s already in transit. They pushed my date out because they are really busy.

It might be a good thing. Sounds like it’s early enough to have matrix lights?I am just reading about it now. Would not be happy if mine doesn’t come with them.
FYI. Mine is 236xxx and it had an EDD of may 2 to may 5. I emailed the showroom when I got the purchase agreement and they scheduled me for may 12. When I called them they said it’s already in transit. They pushed my date out because they are really busy.
My first EDD after Vin assignment was 5/9-5/13 and today it switched to 4/30-5/3 which leads me to believe the car is here. I still haven't heard from anyone and I can't schedule a date so I'm not holding my breath. My Volvo has the matrix headlights and they are pretty cool so I would like to have them but I'm more concerned about not having the updated amd ryzen, heated wipers, double pane glass and 12v batt if I'm being honest.

Reactions: jpaychek
Folks from Seattle, does tesla deliver to the door, or do we have to pick up the car at a service center? Will Tesla take care of all the DMV stuff for us or is there something we should do post-delivery? It's going to be my first ever car in the US so I'm a bit nervous.

Folks from Seattle, does tesla deliver to the door, or do we have to pick up the car at a service center? Will Tesla take care of all the DMV stuff for us or is there something we should do post-delivery? It's going to be my first ever car in the US so I'm a bit nervous.
Looks like they'll take care of it for you...and as far as home delivery I guess that just depends on how far away you are from the center and how busy they are. I chose home delivery and I'm only 5 minutes away but they have me set up for pickup.

Attachments

• C27BBCCE-12B1-4698-A8DB-7FE5724455EE.jpeg
    C27BBCCE-12B1-4698-A8DB-7FE5724455EE.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 141
Some more info on the headlights. This person took delivery of LR yesterday and doesnt have the matrix headlights.

Just to give a heads up to folks. Matrix headlights cannot be retrofitted. They have a different connector than the older headlights. So you cant just ask Tesla to install them for you .

I am not sure why every one was making a fuss about mobile chargers (which you can buy), but not too worried about the headlights, which if you dont get, you wont be able to get them on your car.
Are you sure they can't be retrofitted?

Link from that reddit thread:

My initial info came from some other articles which showed that the older headlights use 1 less pin.
But seems like these can be retrofitted, assuming you buy used ones, and then convince someone at Tesla with level 3 access to enable it.

I also think that this is awefully close to the decision made by the US, to allow the use of headlights for partial highbeams etc, on ~15th February. Maybe Tesla is trying to make it a paid feature, in higher trims, now that they can actually be legally programmed in the US?

Will Tesla enable also matrix features? Currently on/off works fine.

I also think that this is awefully close to the decision made by the US, to allow the use of headlights for partial highbeams etc, on ~15th February. Maybe Tesla is trying to make it a paid feature, in higher trims, now that they can actually be legally programmed in the US?
Allowing them is laughable. I want NHTSA to make adaptive headlights mandatory, like seat belts. It's absurd that we drive around blinding each other, or that we are blind as we drive around a curve in a country road.

I sure hope the matrix headlamps can be retrofitted easily. The fact that Tesla didn't make an announcement to anyone at all (including their SAs) suggests to me that either somebody picked up the wrong crate at a warehouse or supply chain issues have decided for them. Permanently removing the headlamps would surely draw some kind of announcement.

The fact that Tesla didn't make an announcement to anyone at all (including their SAs) suggests to me that either somebody picked up the wrong crate at a warehouse or supply chain issues have decided for them. Permanently removing the headlamps would surely draw some kind of announcement.
Has to be some sort of supply chain issue just like with the charge port ECU. I've been scouring the web and I can't find any mention of it at all. As you said there would have been some sort of announcement and someone would have surely covered it by now.

Only my second EDD update since the first day and I got pushed back. Technically, it's a slightly shorter window. Fwiw, at 7:59 am ET it had not been updated but one minute later it was so that continues to prove to be one of the update times

OD: 3/13
M3LR, Blue, Black, Aero, no FDD.
3/14 EDD: May 18-June 29.
3/28 EDD: May 24-June 28.
5/1 EDD: June 3-July 1
Delivery Charlotte, NC

Any Indianapolis pickup folks in the room? FYI - the App shows May 14-17 EDD, but I confirmed twice yesterday with my SA that the truck will be there on May 5 & I could pick the car up on May 6, 7, or 8. She said it'll likely update in the app on Monday (tomorrow). If you have a similar EDD - get ready to see it moved ahead by a week or so!!!