Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing specific. People were using VINs last year or so to see if their vehicles has the new ryzen chip and heated wipers etc. For now, it might be that you ll have to see the VIN and guess if you will be getting the matrix lights or not. VIN just tells you when your car was made. Typically newer VIN means availability of new features. But apparently in the matrix headlights case, newer VIN = bad
Yeah, and we don't know how the production line was updated, so we might see some mixed headlight in certain VIN range across one or more days (like what we saw with the Ryzen chip). But from the ~20 car sample I saw, the switch happened pretty quick this time.

Quick update: Picking up in Fremont. Got my VIN and 4 day window on Tuesday but it kept getting pushed back a day ever since, and I was just waiting for someone to contact me about delivery. This morning my EDD was 4/30 - May 4.

I just got a text from my SA that said, “Now that your delivery is scheduled, you can purchase your Tesla Insurance Policy in the Tesla App. You must provide proof of an active insurance policy to take delivery of your Model 3.”

So I go into my app and now I have a scheduled delivery on Tuesday from 4-8pm. I wasn’t given any choices but luckily I can make that time just fine since I live 10 minutes away.

Sending you all progressive vibes.
Congratulations to finally getting to this point. Don't forget us in this room and show us what it's like out there.

Yeah, and we don't know how the production line was updated, so we might see some mixed headlight in certain VIN range across one or more days (like what we saw with the Ryzen chip). But from the ~20 car sample I saw, the switch happened pretty quick this time.
Heard from someone with 04/22 date who had matrix headlight. They also said that all cars in Seattle SC today had the matrix lights. So I am not sure whats happening. Maybe its just a few cars post 04/22. Not sure.

If mine doesn't have the matrix headlights I'm going to have my beautiful 4 year old give them the "puppy dog eyes" and ask if it would be fair if they just enabled the acceleration boost for us instead. We'll be practicing this over the coming days. If it works I'm open to lending her to you guys on delivery day. You cover the happy meals and travel expenses.

I emailed my store and will let you know what I hear back. Orderd my M3LR on 3/4, so getting close, and for me the upgraded matrix lights was one of the main reasons I placed an order. I have a medical condition which has degraded my night vision, and so having good quality headlights is a must have for me. I researched a ton specifcally regarding the headlights prior to placing my order. Would be a bummer if they removed them or went to the Model Y ‘sales model’ of only having them on the Performance. I would have to upgrade if that was the case, which is a bummer as i dont really want any of the other ’features’ that you get with the Performance model. . ..

Some more info on the headlights. This person took delivery of LR yesterday and doesnt have the matrix headlights.

Just to give a heads up to folks. Matrix headlights cannot be retrofitted. They have a different connector than the older headlights. So you cant just ask Tesla to install them for you .

I am not sure why every one was making a fuss about mobile chargers (which you can buy), but not too worried about the headlights, which if you dont get, you wont be able to get them on your car.

Yo Vancity fam -- how are y'all hanging in?

@yvr_bbq 's been chiming in -- however, you've been off the grid @doodlebob424 -- one question for both of you, have you booked ceramic or ppf and tinting appointments? Any recommendations around this?

I am also ordering a 3d spider mat, but in US (shipping to canada is so expensive) and probably a silicon holder. Any other interior accessory must haves?

Also - for @doodlebob424 looking at your OD it seems to me you may get your car much earlier than the 5/23 EDD range provided to you. (This is from the anecdotal trends I have been seeing -- plus my stats)
Hey! I have not booked any appointments yet. Was thinking of doing the paint protection. But thats about it. As for accessories, i got my mats, screen protector and a storage organizer

I just had a chat about the Mateix lights. Guess I’ll be calling tomorrow to see what they say.

Attachments

• E4B35768-8B72-4411-B916-F2D557F5E35F.png
    E4B35768-8B72-4411-B916-F2D557F5E35F.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 152