Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update! I checked my email and got the same message. 😀

FYI, the return window for the charger is 60 days.
I emailed last week too but still haven't had a reply except for the automated "We'll get back to you in 5 business days." Not overly concerned about it but would be cool to get $95 returned!

Keeping it in perspective- I ordered the car before both of the 2022 price hikes and they didn't call or email asking for an additional $5k, so I'm not going to whine about the charger dropping in price.

Congrats. SA reached out to you to schedule the delivery or were you able to do that on your own? My EDD changed to May 2-6 today and I don’t have any update on the delivery date yet.
Oh, no!!!
I have received a phone call from Tesla SA who told me that it was an error and that the car has actually not arrived. It is still in Buffalo (NY) since yesterday (don't know why). I know there is only a 2-3 hour drive from Buffalo to Toronto/Oakville.
Before that, I had received the Tesla SMS with Congratulations and the link to set up a day and time for delivery (which I did and everything showed up in the app). This was until the phone call after which everything went back to EDD May 3-7.
Oh well....

Reactions: Willis Llu
Picking mine up on Ogden Ave as well. It is physically there without a charging port. I was there today in-person and learned they expect the charging ports to arrive on the 10th and they will start installing them in cars on the 11th. I got onto a list of 4 cars in the Priority Line because they saw I was in a rental car paying everyday my EDD gets pushed back every morning at 9am by a day. I am now at least know the EDD for my VIN is incorrect (5/2-5/6) because that charging port comes days after my delivery window expires. I asked if my car had the Matrix headlights. My SA said he wasn’t able to see that on his screen.
Why did it take nearly a year to get your car? Did you reject a previous car or put your delivery on hold?

Here are some housekeeping notes for anyone new in the forum.

1. Update your signature with OD, EDD, and build (you'll need to have a certain amount of messages before you can edit your signature)
2. Visit the tracking sheet and update your info
3. If you're on mobile turn your phone to landscape mode to see signatures.

Oh, no!!!
I have received a phone call from Tesla SA who told me that it was an error and that the car has actually not arrived. It is still in Buffalo (NY) since yesterday (don't know why). I know there is only a 2-3 hour drive from Buffalo to Toronto/Oakville.
Before that, I had received the Tesla SMS with Congratulations and the link to set up a day and time for delivery (which I did and everything showed up in the app). This was until the phone call after which everything went back to EDD May 3-7.
Oh well....
I was told that the vehicle is still in transit and scheduled to reach the delivery location by 6th.

Graduation day - pickup scheduled for Wednesday (May 4)!!! Fingers crossed for everything to go smoothly.

Oh, no!!!
Oh well....
I ordered 4 days later of your OD, haven't gotten the VIN yet. Hopefully they will shoot me an update at this week.

LR AWD, Black-on-Black, 19" wheels, FSD
Original order date: 4/26, starting EDD was July - October this year.
Next day, 4/27, EDD updated to May 1st - May 14th. No VIN.
Today, 5/2, EDD updated again, now showing July 31st - September 11th.

Tesla is being a tease, just wanted to get my hopes up. Unfortunately, seeing such an early EDD made me jump to submit my lease application...so now it'll probably expire and I'll have to submit a new one later.

LR AWD, Black-on-Black, 19" wheels, FSD
Original order date: 4/26, starting EDD was July - October this year.
Next day, 4/27, EDD updated to May 1st - May 14th. No VIN.
Today, 5/2, EDD updated again, now showing July 31st - September 11th.

Tesla is being a tease, just wanted to get my hopes up. Unfortunately, seeing such an early EDD made me jump to submit my lease application...so now it'll probably expire and I'll have to submit a new one later.
Yikes. That doesn't give me any reassurance. I just got my bank stuff in order... I will leave it as "Cash" in the tesla app and change it once I get a VIN just in case they prioritize cash folks.

Well.... what a DUCKING roller coaster.

EDD was June 1 - July 6, but Saturday SA called and said someone cancelled and I could pick up this Thursday/Friday if I wanted to take the vehicle early!
Of Course I said yes, but had some questions:
  • Was my car one that was impacted by the chargeport shortage?
    • SA: NOPE - Not seeing any notes in the system about that, so your car will be ready for pickup as soon as we inspect & detail it!
Today I called just to check before scheduling time off to pickup the car (it's a 2hr drive one way). I asked her if the truck was still due in on Weds because I was taking Thursday/Friday off if so. She says - it was pushed back to Friday. But, since it's looking like it'll be here early in the morning, let me check with the delivery center and see if I can get you in Friday afternoon. If not, we'll shoot for Saturday morning.

SOOOOO - the bad. She called just now and said the car actually was impacted by the charging port shortage. She had no idea when the part would arrive in Indy or how long it would take to install after they got it. Then I asked if it had the Matrix headlights and she said no. She asked why that was a big deal. I explained the difference, and the fact that this is how the car was advertised when I ordered it. She seemed to get a bit of an attitude..... then told me "Teslas are always upgrading - there's never the right-time to buy one." I tried to tell her that it's not an upgrade to go from the new matrix headlights back to the old school ones but she continued to talk over me every time I tried. Asked if I passed on this car, would I go back to the June 1 to July 6 date & she said there's no way to tell. "You were lucky I was able to find this one for you that was an exact match." I'm feeling less lucky today than I did 2 days ago when she first called. Asked if there was any way to throw in some supercharging miles or Accelleration boost and she seemed to get offended. I really didn't get short, or rude with her, just a new customer asking some questions. I'm not sure which part made her so upset, but her tone was waaaaay different than the first couple of times we spoke.

Long story story short - I was waiting till June/July. Now my car was days away. Now my car is still days away, but who knows when they'll have the charging port so I can take delivery of it. Oh - and no Matrix headlights.

Build date was April 23. VIN# 239xxx

For all of you checking, The non-matrix headlights apparently go back to before 241/242xxx.

Still holding out that this process will go back to a positive one. I really enjoyed the first few conversations I had with the SA. She's been quick to reply and very friendly. Maybe she could sense the disappointment in my voice when she told me she screwed up about the charging port issue and was on the defensive.

I'm done ranting now

Graduation day - pickup scheduled for Wednesday (May 4)!!! Fingers crossed for everything to go smoothly.
Did you finalize the payment and insurance info after selecting the pickup date or before?
I have a VIN and my EDD is 2 weeks out. I need to provide insurance information, but dont know when to start the insurance as i dont have an option to select pickup date. Any thoughts?