Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have an SA who just doesn’t reply to texts? It’s been a couple of days and I can’t get a text back.
I've read about others saying the same. I would call the 800 number and ask if the issue could be addressed. I'm sure the SAs are busy but if some of us can get a response in 10 minutes there is no excuse for it taking you days (or at all?).

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
Graduating from this thread! Scheduled delivery at Fremont. Just an FYI to those of you who like a clean swirl-free car: Completed cars sit outside in the parking lot, leading to dust buildup. Detailers will clean those cars with just one towel and all purpose cleaner. You can imagine how your paint will be.

Car came with mobile charger + J1772 Adapter, AMD chip, heated washer nozzles, updated battery and the new matrix headlights.

Inspection notes
: Trunk seems a little misaligned and there was curb rash on the rear left wheel cap. Used the TESBROS checklist for inspection.

Hope you all receive your cars ASAP! 🤙🏽 View attachment 800293
That’s awesome. My day is very close. For new headlights, what was your VIN ? Mine is 235

I have prob the stupidest question anyone is going to ask today or maybe all time, but here goes.

Is the ED date the expected date the VIN will be assigned + transport time to the service center or is it the expected date it's going to be at the service center for pickup?

IE: current EDD is June 8. Is that the date its going to be available for pickup or is that a VIN assignment date, then you have to schedule out the pickup date/time for a week or two afterward (in my area typically).

*Edited for clarity.

I just got a VIN and have a few questions in regards with financing. I want to finance with Tesla. I was planning to put $4,250 down and pay the rest in 72 month payments. However when I put that and placed all my information, I was approved at 3.24% APR, 72 months, with $13,174.68 for me to put down. Is this rate locked, or is there a way I can put a lower down payment so I can pay higher monthly payments?
Here is some info about Tesla Finance which is not common knowledge.

Tesla partners typically approve loan based on the percentage cost of the total vehicle. So e.g If you car+tax+registration cost ~60k, they would approve a max of ~47k with 13k downpayment. If you then add FSD (or change color etc.) in your order, your approved amount would automatically increase and you would have to make a downpayment of ~16k (not 13k + 12k =25k). The same goes for removing anything.

Based on what I have seen, the current minimum downpayment for a Model 3 LR is ~13k.

Did anybody have any luck asking for a refund on the wall charger I paid $550 wanted to know if they would give me some money back
You must have ordered the wall charger around when I did (I ordered it 2/12, a couple days prior to the drop in price to $495). They didn’t give me a price adjustment then, bc the 15% restocking return fee would be more than the difference they’d refund. As with all things Tesla, things have changed again (now $400 only), but I was told I’m out of the return window for any price adjustment. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

Shifting my energy to just hoping nothing is missing or further delayed in my car now…I guess I’m not getting matrix headlights either. My timing is just off 😂 but you know, I have come to terms with it. Maybe the car will be perfect in other ways. I will just be excited when I can take delivery and finally use the wall charger!

I know there's been a lot of hit or miss with SA experiences, but I thought I'd share mine:

Our VIN had just shown up a couple of days after the EDD narrowed to May 6-10. Since we would have about a 6hr drive to our Salt Lake City pick-up from Laramie (this was the only delivery option I was presented despite Denver area locations being much closer), I text messaged our SA to explain the situation and ask if there was anyway to set our pick-up time for the Saturday or the Sunday even if we haven't been sent the scheduling notification.

I got a response within a few hours, totally understanding, and they set our delivery time slot for end-of-day Saturday, "pending arrival and inspection".

Screenshot_20220503-114118__01.jpg

Hopefully I'm not jinxing it, but it was a welcome response given some of the complaints and experiences others have described. It was only our second interaction after 105 days, but I thought it was nice. Between delivery scheduling and a new Star Trek series premiering, May 2022 is looking up! 🤓

Hey fellow Renoian. All my order details are in my signature. Our current 2 week windows overlap- hope we are on the same truck!
Around 7:30am this morning, I received a slightly adjusted EDD. It was May 3-May 17th, now it is May 5th-17th. No VIN.

Critchamc, I'm curious if yours was also moved out...I'm guessing not since you haven't hit your window yet. Based on your sig, I'm also assuming no VIN. Any contact with the Reno center?