Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, I just noticed your order deets: You ordered before we did, but don't have a VIN assigned yet??

What's the difference? Red vs Blue?
Yeah, I had several two week windows and a ten day window. Tomorrow starts the next two week window which I’m sure is going to get pushed out again.
I did switch colors in between once so maybe I had to go back into the queue then.
I found it odd that every time I communicated about trade ins my EDD moved up. But might just be a coincidence.
Sold our other car to CarMax in Jan. May was the time we wanted to have a second car again so I’m just hoping the timing will work out.

Found a good rate and looks like people can join by joining a club.

0-36 months....as low as 1.59% A.P.R.

37-48 months....as low as 1.69% A.P.R.

49-60 months....as low as 1.79% A.P.R.

61-72 months....as low as 1.89% A.P.R.

73-84 months....as low as 3.49% A.P.R.

Only concern vs them and DCU are they seem very small. 9am-530pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Saturday. Closed Sundays. Someone like DCU is open 24/7.
This is very helpful thank you. I’ll try them out.

Reactions: Not That M3
It's more of a traditional resource planning/optimization problem. They could be doing solver runs weekly, and with something like this, it's GIGO. Small changes in constraints and assumptions can easily result in large changes in the individual item assignments, which are probably assignment of cars to transports in certain date buckets.
Not my domain but how would you set up the optimization? What would be the output variable and what would be the loss function?

I think besides putting the specs and order date, it would be helpful to make heads or tails of how this all works timing wise to also put down whether or not you are doing a trade in and also doing financing or cash. I have a feeling those two items might also play into whether or not your dates change/get delayed/VIN timing. Maybe i am just fortunate, but my EDD hasn’t budged from the date i placed the order. I did not trade in (sold car on Carvana for more then i paid for it, and was super easy process) and then did financing, but through my own bank, not Tesla. Which maybe I am wrong but I could see Tesla seeing that same as cash, as to them they are getting the full amount regardless . . .

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/ No FSD
ODD: 3/4, Oregon pickup
EDD: 5/22-6/18.
I went 60 days without an update and then on the first day of my EDD, got pushed 4 more weeks. Still only two updates. It’s weird but some of us get no changes, and some of us get a plethora (we really need to bring this word back into the mainstream). T-J- and I have almost the same build and yet he is at 7+ and I can only get acknowledged when they have to. Tesla, am I right?

Reactions: XAEA-12 and T-J-
Glendale, AZ Tesla lot today (05/04/22). Arizona is definitely getting deliveries...just not mine and @JB from the AZ
Not mine either !!! What I have learnt from the forum today is that the Vin is allotted 1 week after we get the 2 week EDD window, so I have promised myself not to check the app till Sunday. Let see how much will power I have :)

M3LR 18" Aero, White Ext, Black In, No FSD, OD 2/12 3rd EDD: 5/12 - 5/26

Financing quotes are good for 60 days I believe. I plan to apply when I am a month out, so mid-June. I too am close to Raleigh, have you made any plans for PPF, ceramic, or tinting? Just trying to poll the crowd on what people in our area typically do.
I thought about PPF and ceramic coating and ultimately decided to wait. I will get the windows tinted when I get the car for sure. I have owned a lot of cars before and not one have I needed PPF so to me I really don’t get it. If I was driving a Lamborghini some other super car I would be more inclined to get PPF.

I think besides putting the specs and order date, it would be helpful to make heads or tails of how this all works timing wise to also put down whether or not you are doing a trade in and also doing financing or cash. I have a feeling those two items might also play into whether or not your dates change/get delayed/VIN timing. Maybe i am just fortunate, but my EDD hasn’t budged from the date i placed the order. I did not trade in (sold car on Carvana for more then i paid for it, and was super easy process) and then did financing, but through my own bank, not Tesla. Which maybe I am wrong but I could see Tesla seeing that same as cash, as to them they are getting the full amount regardless . . .

Wouldn’t Tesla prefer buyers who are financing and trading in? Surely they’re making a cut on both of those transactions

Is the DCU rate fixed once you

Would Tesla prefer buyers who are financing and/or trading in? Presumably they make a certain amount on both transactions, as opposed to cash.