Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Got a trade-in text today. Two week EDD window starts in 10 days and no VIN yet.

Expecting them to come in with a low offer so will probably switch back to no trade-in asap after receiving trade-in estimate. Carvana is offering 10K lower than KBB and other competitors so it will be interesting to see where Tesla's offer ranks.

If I was still living in NY I would most likely get it. Since I moved to NC and there is no more salt and sand in the winter I’m going to skip it.
Yeah.. I went back and forth for a bit, but with living in WNY...winters, salt, and 3 days a week I drive 120 miles roundtrip on the highway to/from work, I decided that I'm gonna at least get full front PPF done

Reactions: jpaychek
I believe somebody earlier said that you can't get it added until after delivery.
Oh well. :)

I had briefly toyed with the idea of getting an M3P to bring in my delivery date, but the M3LR is already more than enough car for me, and I've heard stories that the Performance 20" wheels don't handle Northern California's numerous potholes well. ;)

------------------------------------
OD: 2/15, M3LR, Black, B&W, 19, FSD, SF Bay Area, No Trade-In

Original EDD: May-June
<a few one-month windows>
<a few two-week windows>
Latest EDD: 5/7 - 5/21

My EDD was pushed back on Tuesday to 5/29 to 6/8. However, it was just pulled back forward and is now May 20 to May 29! I have seen a number of 12 and 14 day windows but this is my first 10 day window so I hope this is a good sign that my car will be here soon.

M3LR Red/Black, 18", No FSD
OD: 1/18/22 EDD: 5/20 - 5/29
Wow from January still no car. Yikes. What was your first set of EDD’s. Hoping you get a vin soon 🙏🏼

Update: Got a trade-in text today. Two week EDD window starts in 10 days and no VIN yet.

Expecting them to come in with a low offer so will probably switch back to no trade-in asap after receiving trade-in estimate. Carvana is offering 10K lower than KBB and other competitors so it will be interesting to see where Tesla's offer ranks.
Interesting that Carvana gave you such a low offer- it was the opposite for me- they gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse, and actually sold the car and have been living as a one car family for the last month waiting for our Tesla replacement, as I didnt want to lose out on the offer and/or have the market change during that time! Sold them my Cadillac ATS, which I had bought 5 years prior, which i had put about 40k miles on, and then sold it to them for MORE than I paid 5 years ago. Crazy used car market right now! Also was nice as there was no haggling- did everything online in a few minutes, they scheduled a time to come to my house, did a very quick inspection, handed me a check, and then truck came and took it away a couple hours later. Even if they had offered me lower, to not have to deal with posting the car for sale, haggling etc, it was worth it for me . . .

Reactions: jpaychek
Wow from January still no car. Yikes. What was your first set of EDD’s. Hoping you get a vin soon 🙏🏼
Thanks, it has been a long wait for sure. I had originally ordered a RWD but upgraded to LR in April when I realized that RWD models were taking an extremely long time to be delivered. I now wish I had ordered the LR back in January as I may very well have already received it.

I have been checking the account page source code for a VIN but nothing so far. Hopefully soon

Reactions: HektikBob
The pattern for each approaching EDD range for me is to hear nothing until the end of the first day of the EDD range and then get a push out on the morning of the second day. 🤷‍♂️

------------------------------------
OD: 2/15, Black, B&W, 19, FSD, SF Bay Area

Original EDD: May-June
<a few one-month slips>
<a few two-week slips>
Latest EDD: 5/7 - 5/2

I have the same exact issue. We have close enough ODs and EDDs, and are geographically close.

My EDD is 5/5-5/17. Previously it was 5/3-5/17. This pattern has happened 4x so far.

Please update if your EDD moves or VIN. I'm curious if there's a pattern here for some folks.