Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this normal? I ordered my car on Jan 4th. Haven't changed a thing on it.
Don't normally check my tesla account, maybe once a month.
Dates kept changing, etc. About 2 weeks ago I got a VIN number assigned and called into Tesla.
I mentioned that I have never had any communication w/Tesla since my reservation E-mail. Not a text, not an e-mail, and everything on my account is correct. He said I should be hearing from them soon.
This morning my delivery date changed to tomorrow 5/8!!!!! Still not a single communication from Telsa.
Guess I'll call again this morning, but IS THIS NORMAL ???!!!! To not hear from them?
I scheduled my delivery yesterday morning and got a call from Tesla in the evening. They will call to verify information.

Dates kept changing, etc. About 2 weeks ago I got a VIN number assigned and called into Tesla.
I mentioned that I have never had any communication w/Tesla since my reservation E-mail. Not a text, not an e-mail, and everything on my account is correct. He said I should be hearing from them soon.
This morning my delivery date changed to tomorrow 5/8!!!!! Still not a single communication from Telsa.
Guess I'll call again this morning, but IS THIS NORMAL ???!!!! To not hear from them?
Tesla Solar also lacks in communication but so far so good in CS. My SAs always respond when I have a question by text.

Reactions: jpaychek
Nope.
I typically wake up at 6 am and the first thing I was doing everyday was checking the app.
I had realized that all my previous EDD changes happened on sunday morning when I woke up, so I kinda had a hunch on when my VIN would be assigned. Basically 1 week after the sunday morning I was assigned a 2 week window, I woke up and the VIN was there.

50 bucks that you will get a VIN on the late late night of 05/07.
Not looking good haha. Was pushed back a day this morning…. still wanna have some hope a vin shows up soon 😆

So I have news for all my Columbus folks. The lot is absolutely jam packed so a lot of your cars are here. They are even starting to overflow into BK's parking lot. Bunch of 3's and Y's on deck just waiting. I didn't see any tape over charge ports so I assume these don't have that issue but I'm not 100% on that. What they do all seem to be missing though are the aero wheel covers and I'm wondering if that's the hold up. I scoured the lot looking for mine and found it. Appears to have to headlights but still not 100% on what they are supposed to look like. I honestly don't care about that...not that serious. Even got a cool photo of the color changing roof. So yea, there's the update Columbus and hopefully everyone gets theirs soon including me. I know mine personally has been sitting there for a week now. They're gonna have to start delivering some of these or they're gonna run out of room...🤣 I'll post some pics below.
A284AB19-9C24-446B-8018-A55B721E6300.jpeg
21E4E7D7-6076-40D1-9445-2B576500C76D.jpeg

6D418318-B0CC-4338-AE55-510B3495A794.jpeg
AC095204-2304-4795-8405-A0D095099E2B.jpeg
A3C1BB5C-65BB-4495-8073-800CFDA98BC3.jpeg
F9455C67-2517-4135-9767-BC1A4A09898E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup. Totally normal from what I can tell... communication is not their strong suit. When I was assigned a vin I got nothing...only knew from checking the app. My car has been sitting there for a week, no communication as to why.

I’ve never spoken to anyone proactively. The SA I worked with for my test drive quit the same week and no one ever spoke to me again. The store email ignores me. I got the automated trade in text but that’s all abs it meant nothing as my delivery delayed another 60 days after that.

So I have news for all my Columbus folks. The lot is absolutely jam packed so a lot of your cars are here. They are even starting to overflow into BK's parking lot. Bunch of 3's and Y's on deck just waiting. I didn't see any tape over charge ports so I assume these don't have that issue but I'm not 100% on that. What they do all seem to be missing though are the aero wheel covers and I'm wondering if that's the hold up. I scoured the lot looking for mine and found it. Appears to have to headlights but still not 100% on what they are supposed to look like. I honestly don't care about that...not that serious. Even got a cool photo of the color changing roof. So yea, there's the update Columbus and hopefully everyone gets theirs soon including me. I know mine personally has been sitting there for a week now. They're gonna have to start delivering some of these or they're gonna run out of room...🤣 I'll post some pics below.View attachment 801503View attachment 801504
View attachment 801506View attachment 801507View attachment 801508View attachment 801509
Like the fact that they are on over flow into BK. Go Columbus!

congrats!

Are they giving enough time for going through a checklist to inspect the car?

Thanks!

Absolutely, I was there about 15 min prior to my appointment so decided to just roam the lot looking for my car. Was kinda fun / nervous finding each white one, seeing old headlights, hoping it wasn’t mine when checking the VIN, then relief when it wasn't.

Eventually found it and did a good look over of the exterior and underside and then noticed it unlocked the car when I opened the app to double check the VIN was right. Did the interior inspection before heading in to sign the paperwork.

They give you as much time as you want. Keep in mind this is done outside. I got lucky it was the one sunny day of the week so probably spent more time checking out the exterior than I probably would’ve , had it be raining.