Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appears to have to headlights but still not 100% on what they are supposed to look like.
The closeup seems to show the global/matrix headlamp, but the water droplets and lamppost reflection make it difficult for me to tell for sure. The white Model Y and the black Model 3 next to it appear to have the older headlamps. If the black Model 3 is the same as the closeup then I have no idea.

Ended up placing an order for the Model 3/Y OEM keyfob. Was juggling between the keyfob and the 3rd party ring, but decided that the keyfob provides the functionality of both the card/ring and phone and allows for easy opening of trunk and frunk.

I have an OCD, so unless I am fully sure that I have locked the car in front of me, I would keep coming back to the car to check if it is locked or not.

Ended up placing an order for the Model 3/Y OEM keyfob. Was juggling between the keyfob and the 3rd party ring, but decided that the keyfob provides the functionality of both the card/ring and phone and allows for easy opening of trunk and frunk.

I have an OCD, so unless I am fully sure that I have locked the car in front of me, I would keep coming back to the car to check if it is locked or not.
Plus the key fob is the best looking in the history of key fobs! I bought one too.

You know, when I read that the first time, I just assumed you meant your SA knew you by name - as in your real, legal name.

But then I thought, what are the chances they know you by your screen-name??

On another note, my delivery date (confirmed now in triplicate) happens to land on the very last day of my original EDD (from our OD).

So, that's a data point of something...
He did lol!

I've had the car for almost 3 months now - totally worth the wait.
Better than the M4 convertible I had previously in just about every way - quicker, handles better, more fun to drive.
I've had issues with the driver's window not sealing properly that was worse in the winter and I'm going in for service in a week.
Scheduling service is mildly annoying as at times I just want to talk to someone and Tesla avoids providing that path so communication with Tesla is poor.
I've also encountered Tesla employees ignorant of the automotive industry with things like the Warren Act that says you can modify your own car without voiding any sort of warranty. I had one employee suggest that the aftermarket Carplay display screen I installed might be the cause of an electrical issue affecting the vehicle's horn. While that hypothesis can't be discounted, one can't simply assert that because aftermarket equipment exists, that the problem is not Tesla's to solve. Tesla needs to prove that the equipment is the source of the issue. In this case, it was the Tesla horn and not anything else, so problem solved. I've added carbon fiber spoiler, red Tesla calipers, carbon fiber centercaps on the wheels, a Hansshow 10.25" HD screen in front of the driver for CarPlay and a front camera I installed, trays for the console, and a 500GB SSD for Tesla Sentry.

Hang in there, it's worth it.

oh man. Sorry about that. But on the bring side, your EDD got pushed 1 day only and you can spend the rest of the week knowing not to worry about EDD and check again only on the next Sunday morning. :)
Let’s be honest….. I’ll still check the app daily and hate myself for it 😄

but if the EDD only increases 1 day for every week that passes, I’ll take it. But I want my car now dammit lol

Last edited:
So I have news for all my Columbus folks. The lot is absolutely jam packed so a lot of your cars are here. What they do all seem to be missing though are the aero wheel covers and I'm wondering if that's the hold up. I scoured the lot looking for mine and found it.
They transport the cars without the Aero covers on, so most likely not the issue.

Upside is that you moved to a 2 week window though.
Just got my 2-week window. May 23 - June 6. So falls right in the 1 month range. The start of the window falls on the 3rd anniversary of my Order Date. Well, at least some movement. On another note, my trade in quote expired 2 days ago, I submitted a new mileage but still have not gotten my quote,I wonder what the holdup is.

Popped by delivery centre today, SA said my car is in Chicago still, so might be 1-2 weeks to deliver to Toronto / customs / inspections.

Maybe I’ll stop checking the app for 2 weeks and just wait for a text / email…..yeah right.
When was your expected or scheduled delivery? I am Scheduled in for May 12 and car hasn't arrived yet. Ours may be in the same truck to Lawrence. Hoping mine is a bit delayed so I can get the charger installed and finance ready.