Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbelievable. I just setup delivery for this weekend. I figured that my car was at my local service center already and that's why I was able to schedule a pickup time.

Fremont to Fresno is a 3 hour drive. Not sure what is taking so long.
Exactly they said it was in transit on Thursday! I don’t care how many stops you have to do, you should definitely be here within a few days

I honestly don’t know how to check that?
The car itself says 5/22 on the door
I don’t think there’s a way to check the exact date after delivery except if you ask Tesla they might be able to tell you. The door sticker is month and year of manufacture only, doesn’t show the specific date.

Before PDI the cars have a sticker on the windshield with a QR code, VIN, and build date.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
Exactly they said it was in transit on Thursday! I don’t care how many stops you have to do, you should definitely be here within a few days
I later called my SA yesterday and asked if my car was on the lot. He said no and that it‘s in route on the 5 freeway near Bakersfield. I called again today and was told that the car is still in route. Bakersfield to my pickup location is 2 1/2 hours away.

I can’t wait to get my car and be done with this assine shit_show Tesla calls estimated delivery date.

Got a call from Tesla today , Delivery on 5/10 VIN 241XXX . Does the $750 "EV Incentive" something I need to apply for or does Tesla takes it off the total price? I want to make sure I get the right amount on the cashier check . Google sheet was updated as well.
My total down payment due was different in the app vs my lending agreement. I ended up using the number in the app because it was the same as the terms I accepted when I got a loan from a Tesla 3rd party bank.

Reactions: jpaychek
Was the $750 EV Incentive included as a deduction from the total price?
I called the 800 number. The $250 order fee and the EV incentive is deducted from your total price of the car. My lending agreement doesn’t reflect that number and I was assured that there will be no issue upon delivery.

8CB2838A-013A-43EC-BB7C-9FAD5F08CFD0.jpeg

Randomly checked the app again today, and to my surprise there is another EDD update! Once again a short two-week window, and once again no VIN. Having gone through this song & dance once before, I reached out to my SA, who said they don't see anything in the inventory matching my configuration.
But on a whim, I went and checked the New inventory within 200 miles of my location, and it almost appears as though the Model 3 section is broken for all new cars, and for specifically just black paint in the Used section. So I'm unsure how reliable that Inventory list is.
In any case, I'll ignore this new date unless I get messaged with a VIN next week.

PS: I've seen some people manage to "pull" their VIN early, from looking at some source code somewhere. Can someone explain how and where exactly is that done?
I would be stunned if your EDD of May holds, especially with a 4/26 OD. Your only hope is getting assigned a vehicle that was rejected by someone else or canceled. Never say never, but don't get your hopes up.

Just found out my May14-18 window for delivery is accurate but they are waiting in charging ports…
Mine showed the same until today when they called and said the car was ready. Unfortunately they called a little too late and I couldn't make it there before they close. They're closed tomorrow, so I'll go pick it up on Monday. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for the charge port to arrive. My car arrived Friday and the charge port was installed by Sunday. They acted like they didn't have any in stock, but apparently that wasn't the case - or it just coincidentally arrived right after the car was delivered. Either way good luck & hope it's a short wait for you!

I just visited Tesla at my dealership in South Florida and my car actually just arrived one hour prior,BUT, they told me my delivery date was going to push out almost 2 weeks because they are waiting for parts to replace all of the charge ports in the model 3. My app has not updated with this information yet but the SA told me and I am appreciative and disappointed at the same time. Essentially I went from EDD 5/6-5/11 to 5/27 after charge port replacement. Is what is.
My SA wouldn't give any update how long it would take for charge port installation. Thankfully car arrived Friday and I'll pick up on Monday. Don't want to give you false expectations but this is how it worked in my case. I also feel like my SA was on her game mostly. She was able to get me into a car when someone else wasn't able to accept delivery (assuming it was payment issues) that matched my order exactly. This shaved at least a month off my wait, potentially 2. If anyone is in the Indianapolis area, ask if you can work with Amy. She is really friendly and good at what she does

Reactions: TSLone
Because us late February people are still waiting as well.
TJ - what the heck man? You were already getting impatient when I first found this site/ forum?! I can't see your signature on the app (even in landscape) but seems like everyone passed you? Have you had any productive conversations with a SA? Was your profile complete the same day you ordered the car initially? Have you made any changes or requested a hold be placed on your order? Sorry man that has to suck. Crossing my fingers for you. All of those changing EDDs would be bad enough, but seeing all these newer orders with VINs assigned and taking delivery has to be miserable. I really do feel for you buddy. Good luck and hope you see a VIN when you wake up and are able to quickly schedule delivery!

TJ - what the heck man? You were already getting impatient when I first found this site/ forum?! I can't see your signature on the app (even in landscape) but seems like everyone passed you? Have you had any productive conversations with a SA? Was your profile complete the same day you ordered the car initially? Have you made any changes or requested a hold be placed on your order? Sorry man that has to suck. Crossing my fingers for you. All of those changing EDDs would be bad enough, but seeing all these newer orders with VINs assigned and taking delivery has to be miserable. I really do feel for you buddy. Good luck and hope you see a VIN when you wake up and are able to quickly schedule delivery!
@T-J- and I are both waiting, and I ordered 10 days before. The pain and suffering continues.

Everything was completed within minutes of ordering. No changes have been made. SA’s are useless. Currently sitting with a 4 week window of May 11 - June 8.