Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up this morning to a VIN! 252xxx. Delivery date also shrunk 5/22-5/26. Just did insurance, waiting to do final payment. FWIW, I checked at 10pm EST last night, nothing there. Woke up at 6am to see VIN in there. Wasn't notified via text or email, just saw in the app. Hope this means well for mid/late Feb people! (*cough* *cough* @T-J- )
I wanna wake up to a VIN and a delivery date and hope I'm not dreaming. Congratulations on your new car. Since they won't take our money I've been racking up on accessories on Amazon so yes it's a money pit but I can't wait for my car to be born and delivered.

OD: 2/19/22
New 2 Two Week EDD: 5/22 - 6/5 (Was 5/13 - 5/20)

I’m curious if the community can provide some insight on Tesla deliveries as we’re experiencing at the moment.

1. Does my EDD appear conducive to the timeline of late February orders? Anyone else order mid-late February with a parallels of events? Are VINS assigned prior to the two week window?

2. Would it be fair to conclude, based on historic evidence, that Tesla has reverted back to exclusively using Matrix (Global) for builds developed in May and henceforth?

Thanks! Appreciate you all!
I have the same OD as you and i am sitting at 05/10 - 05-24. I would think at most it would be end of may we should get our cars but it might depend on your build and location. I was at my delivery centre yesterday and saw the parking lot packed so i am hoping for some good news this week

Woke up to a VIN assignment this AM! New EDD of 5/22-5/2

Only snag I’m running into is when I try and upload insurance the little Tesla wheel just keeps spinning and nothing will submit… anyone experience similar?
Congratulations! Ordered 3 days before u. Still hoping my car is on your truck!! No updates for me today.

Well 113 days and the car arrivedee. I feel like by now everyone knows that it’s on an AMD chip. Yes, heater wipers, yes current headlights. 4/22 mfg date. (Not sure where to find the actual day of the month.
Over all the car looks pretty decent. However, I have a couple minor things. Both the front fenders having no gap and touching need adjustment. Other than that the rear brake lights are not even with each other.
Congrats !!! You seem to be one of those rare Arizonians on this forum who finally got a Tesla. If AZ is still trying to get through the Jan orders, I wonder when the turn of those of us who ordered in Feb will come :-(

1-2 weeks ago looked like late Jan to early feb orders got their vin. This week looks like the mid feb orders are getting vins.

I’m hoping this trend sticks and the late Feb, early march orders see their vins next week. (Fingers crossed…. All fingers. And toes too. CROSSING EVERYTHING)
The invasion of Ukraine and subsequent rise in gas prices started on 2/24. I suspect late Feb and March orders will stretch out for a while.

Here are some pics form Lawrence, Toronto.
20220508_122905.jpg
20220508_123121.jpg
Lots of them are waiting for the charge port at Lawrence, Toronto. All the model 3's I saw had a vin that was below 240.
20220508_123442.jpg

Attachments

• 20220508_123121.jpg
    20220508_123121.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 58
Finally graduated yesterday after 73 days! No issues with panels or paint that I could see. 246xxx had the matrix headlights.
We pick our 246xx on the 15th. I'll report back if it has Matrix or not. DRLs not being serviceable and not being a fan of projector-type headlights, I'd rather have the previous type but, I will be happy with whatever version we get.

Also if it helps, my son's vin of 201xx (delivered 3/25) has the Matrix headlights. That is, if the word Tesla showing up on the wall during the lightshow means they are indeed Matrix.

Last edited:
Woke up to another day of fruitlessly checking the EDD every 5 minutes. I hope it’s okay to steer a bit off topic, there seems to be quite a few folks from Vancouver (BC) over here, any recommendations for 1-2 day trips over there near chargers? We might go visit in the summer if the Tesla ever arrives. Anything to take my mind off the wait.

Just checked a few minutes ago and the EDD is now a 4 day window (5/24-5/28). It's asking me for insurance, to review docs, final payment and etc. Logged in on desktop browser and found VIN# published ( I have been searching the vin in source code in the last week or so but it was never there ).

This also proves ( at least anecdotally ) That making changes to your order for a period of time after placing it does not make you go to back of line. I placed mine on 02/21 and kept changing the specs all until 03/15, and I'm getting my car together with the folks who ordered mid to late Feb. Hopefully this info helps some folks out there who is thinking of doing the same thing.

Question: I am out of town for a few days during memorial day weekend beginning 5/27. Will Tesla allow me to pick up a couple days later if I can't pick it up when they want me to?

Thanks all and y'all have been an awesome resource during this wait.

Last edited:
We pick our 246xx on the 15th. I'll report back if it has Matrix or not. DRLs not being serviceable and not being a fan of projector-type headlights, I'd rather have the previous type but, I will be happy with whatever version we get.

Also if it helps, my son's vin of 201xx (delivered 3/25) has the Matrix headlights. That is, if the word Tesla showing up on the wall during the lightshow means they are indeed Matrix.
Good to hear you got a delivery date! I prefer the matrix just cause I like new tech and hope they can get them figured out to not blind other drivers.

Just checked a few minutes ago and the EDD is now a 4 day window (5/24-5/28). It's asking me for insurance, to review docs final payment and etc. Logged in on desktop browser and found VIN# published ( I have been searching the vin in source code in the last week or so but it was never there ).

This also proves ( at least anecdotally ) That making changes to your order for a period of time after placing it does not make you go to back of line. I placed mine on 02/21 and kept changing the specs all until 03/15, and I'm getting my car together with the folks who ordered mid to late Feb. Hopefully this info helps some folks out there who is thinking of doing the same thing.

Question: I am out of town for a few days during memorial day weekend beginning 5/27. Will Tesla allow me to pick up a couple days later if I can't pick it up when they want me to?

Thanks all and y'all have been an awesome resource during this wait.
You have a very small window to pick up the car and if you can't be there they give it to the next person. I don't believe we've had anyone say otherwise.

Has anyone here switched their order from RWD to LR through the design editor? Super young order here.

OD: 4/30
EDD: October 18 - December 13

My order was M3/RWD/MSM/18”/Black/No FSD and I modified it to M3/LR/MSM/19”/Black/No FSD.

Last I checked the LR EDD on the ordering page is Jul - Oct 2022, so I’m hoping at the very least I’d be on a new line for a different M3 that has a shorter EDD, though I’m still not going to expect it to arrive earlier than expected.