Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW!
1652053325923.png

Just a quick observation. I noticed those who do not have changing EDDs, go straight to 2 week window. Possibly indicating a steady EDD means it’s likely accurate. Again this is just me reading through all these posts trying to piece things together.

In other news, the amount of Teslas I saw driving around today were way too many to count on my hands :) taunting me with my never changing EDD lol

Public Service Announcement

Please get your order details into your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.

Woke up this morning to a VIN! 252xxx. Delivery date also shrunk 5/22-5/26. Just did insurance, waiting to do final payment. FWIW, I checked at 10pm EST last night, nothing there. Woke up at 6am to see VIN in there. Wasn't notified via text or email, just saw in the app. Hope this means well for mid/late Feb people! (*cough* *cough* @T-J- )

I wanna wake up to a VIN and a delivery date and hope I'm not dreaming. Congratulations on your new car. Since they won't take our money I've been racking up on accessories on Amazon so yes it's a money pit but I can't wait for my car to be born and delivered.

Glad I am not the only one stocking up on accessories pre delivery, here what’s waiting so far!
  • Sporty Aluminum pedals
  • Screen protector
  • Jack pads
  • Wall charger (got the $95 refund for the lower price)
  • 3D floor mats
  • Center Console organizer
  • Wheel nut and hub covers (for when I remove the Aero wheel trims)
  • Rear seat protector for dogs
thinking of the roof window screens, but have to leave something else for me to buy 😀

My SA replied
--
As for not taking this vehicle, that is up to you but there is no way to guarantee when you will be getting a car if you do not take this one. It could be months. On top of that there is no guarantee that a new headlight would even be available.

I have a 2021 tesla model 3 and the new headlights barely make any difference. Just my food for thought. Let us know what you want us to do for you
--
So I replied
--
I've been seriously waiting to get my Tesla as soon as possible. Currently, I have no car and it's really inconvenient without a car. However, I readily am going to take those risks that you mentioned, because it's so important for me.

Although I respect your thought, If it's not that important, why does Tesla still use the Matrix Light for the M3LR produced in May? If all the M3LR produced after 23/Apr were using the old light, I would've accepted it.

I feel like just so unlucky during rolling dice.

Please if there's no matrix light, then I would like to get another VINed M3LR.
--

I am not happy
Weirdly glad to see my EDD and there's no VIN again

Just checked a few minutes ago and the EDD is now a 4 day window (5/24-5/28). It's asking me for insurance, to review docs, final payment and etc. Logged in on desktop browser and found VIN# published ( I have been searching the vin in source code in the last week or so but it was never there ).

This also proves ( at least anecdotally ) That making changes to your order for a period of time after placing it does not make you go to back of line. I placed mine on 02/21 and kept changing the specs all until 03/15, and I'm getting my car together with the folks who ordered mid to late Feb. Hopefully this info helps some folks out there who is thinking of doing the same thing.

Question: I am out of town for a few days during memorial day weekend beginning 5/27. Will Tesla allow me to pick up a couple days later if I can't pick it up when they want me to?

Thanks all and y'all have been an awesome resource during this wait.
I got a vehicle with the same spec as yours on order from a few days before you. My hope is that since you've got a VIN, perhaps mine is not too far behind. :)

Reactions: M3Kat and jpaychek
Just a quick observation. I noticed those who do not have changing EDDs, go straight to 2 week window. Possibly indicating a steady EDD means it’s likely accurate. Again this is just me reading through all these posts trying to piece things together.

In other news, the amount of Teslas I saw driving around today were way too many to count on my hands :) taunting me with my never changing EDD lol
Thats what those of us with steady EDDs like to think. But quite honestly, it doesn’t seem to matter much in the long term.

I think that is a fair observation, I’ve also noticed this. I ordered March 8th and two EDD changes have been on a Saturday morning (probably more of a coincidence unless it happens again). All of my estimates have either had 24 May or 25 May as the start of my window (6 week, 5 week, and 4 week). The only difference is the tail end of the window has gradually been cut off.

I have zero clue what the demand is like at my pickup location since it’s about 7 hours away and people living in my town would only have two locations in Colorado to pickup from, which was just my experience when ordering. I can’t speak for the rest of New Mexico though, I’m guessing Albuquerque probably has the same choices probably since it’s between my town and the pickup locations.

I’d really like to know what Tesla sees for their own statistics. I’m sure they track what the median order wait time is for each location.

Public Service Announcement

Please get your order details into your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
Thanks for these detailed instructions.. Just reached 5 and yep, 5 posts is the threshold, though you do have to wait 10 mins or so for this change to take. Also after 5 posts you are able to ‘like’ other peoples posts…

Something to take your mind off EDD's for a moment.

Since my wall charger location was so close to the breaker panel, I decided I could do it myself and save some $$$. Total parts cost = 135.68. It took me almost three weeks of watching/re-watching youtube videos, figuring out/buying which parts were needed, returning those parts I found out I didn't need and buying other parts I realized I now needed. NOTE: 6 gauge wire is hard to bend and cut! Especially when you have light duty pliers/wirecutters. In the end, I bought the right tools, a day late and dollar short. Also, miscalculated wire length and found out my white wire (used for ground in this case) was too short and had to crimp a vinyl butt connector to extend it to the ground bar. Cinder block wall is a bit more challenging. Couldn't get a sharp 90 deg conduit bend to the adjoining wall, so there's an inch or two of exposed wiring. Not a totally pro install, but hey, it works! Too much fun! Now all I need is something to charge...:D

Note: Installed 60 amp breaker using 6/3 romex stranded wire so I can get the full 48 amp charge.

IMG_2232.JPG

Last edited: