Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best just to chill. I went 73 days until my first update. I actually preferred it, I think I would go crazy with the(Date was pushed back/forth) activity. When I ordered it said may on the website, may EDD was Mid May to early June, and now it’s a 14 day window of late May to early June. So actually it’s right on schedule(But never fast enough).
Yeah, the original EDD windows seem to be accurate. Order to delivery times currently seem to be around 80 days, with base configurations (white/black/aero) running perhaps 100 days. Prior to Ukraine, they were about half that.

Now my EDD says 5/11-5/15

WTF I was told Thursday 5/5 it was in transit from Fremont (got VIN at 2pm that day). I don’t care how many stops you make, it doesn’t take a week to get from Fremont to Fresno
I found my VIN from source code, but the VIN still haven't shown in the app or website. Tried to text the SA and she said my car is in transit....but i doubt she is just BS.

My OD is 4/7, original EDD was June 12, then 2 weeks later changed to July 9-Aug 20. When I called the toll free number, he was kind of confused and said he thinks it will get pulled to June, but I don't know. Supposedly the 19" wheels get earlier delivery, but I am not seeing many white cars get delivered so I really don't know, but it's annoying.
That is crazy because I did the same thing and they told me June as well but it’s hard to believe them tho

Yours might be one of the ones that needs to have the charge port installed.
Interesting. For what it's worth, I went to the pickup location this morning and they confirmed that the car had not arrived yet. So it wasn't one of the ones sitting there with a sticker over the port. Seems weird IMO, since I've had a VIN and a May 8-14 delivery window for nearly a week ... given the need to inspect, etc, you'd think it would have to already be on site for them to give such a nearby window?

Was pushed back to May 9-15 this morning, but I'm getting nervous it's going to be longer. Making matters worse, the 238 VIN suggests this could be an old headlight model. Really putting a damper on the "OMG, my delivery date was pushed up" excitement.

Just wish I knew what was going on. There's a difference between being mad about a pushback (I wouldn't be) and needing to make plans based on one (I don't own a car, so I'm renting until my Tesla is ready, etc).

Reactions: jpaychek
Interesting. For what it's worth, I went to the pickup location this morning and they confirmed that the car had not arrived yet. So it wasn't one of the ones sitting there with a sticker over the port. Seems weird IMO, since I've had a VIN and a May 8-14 delivery window for nearly a week ... given the need to inspect, etc, you'd think it would have to already be on site for them to give such a nearby window?

Was pushed back to May 9-15 this morning, but I'm getting nervous it's going to be longer. Making matters worse, the 238 VIN suggests this could be an old headlight model. Really putting a damper on the "OMG, my delivery date was pushed up" excitement.

Just wish I knew what was going on. There's a difference between being mad about a pushback (I wouldn't be) and needing to make plans based on one (I don't own a car, so I'm renting until my Tesla is ready, etc).
No actually, the one I took is 239xxx and has the new matrix light. Manufactured april 2022 and it’s likely that it will be with the new light because the ones that are getting the old ones are the one with a higher VIN. Also I am on the same boat. They said it has logistic hold and once it arrives the center they need to do inspections. They also mentioned that it could take up to 10 days

Same here. There were 6 M3LRs at the pickup location this morning, each with matrix lights and white stickers over the charge ports, none of which were mine. I didn't get out to check the VINs. Hoping my Pickup window starting this weekend doesn't get pushed.

I’ve called the 888 number and they have confirmed that the vehicle has indeed reached the delivery location Oakville, Ontario and the charge port is missing. There is no update on when the part would be available, so there is no concrete EDD that can be provided.
that's terrible news for us (Oakville delivery). I have sold my (previous car) almost 2 weeks ago, based on the given VIN and EDD. Now it looks like there will be an unspecified additional wait time...Ahh!!

Is the "have a trade in?" text an indication that shorter window/vin/delivery is nearing?

Attachments

• C237D093-0414-402D-ABBB-A530A32327D4.jpeg
    C237D093-0414-402D-ABBB-A530A32327D4.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Disagree
Reactions: JB from the AZ
GRADUATION DAY UPDATE:

Picked up Saturday afternoon from SLC after a 6hr drive from Laramie.

First: Red Multicoat looks absolutely gorgeous in person. Even the wife wholeheartedly agreed it was totally worth the upcharge.

Second: it looks like we got matrix headlights. I'm currently charging at home with the mobile charger, if that was still a question mark (OD and VIN in sig). I didn't notice anything on inspection, but frankly if it wasn't super obvious, we weren't going to make a fuss, we really just wanted to pick up and get out of there.

View attachment 802112

The SLC DC was filled to the brim and did have a *ton* of Model 3s so hopefully some of you SLC'rs will be getting VINs and DDs scheduled. We drove down in a Wrangler 4xe and it was tight navigating that lot...

For my red multicoats brethren, I did see at least one other red M3 (black interior) on the lot, and my wife said she saw another one (but it might've been a MY).

Finally, after driving the more than 300 miles home, I cannot fully convey how much of a blast this thing is to drive. I'm by no means any sort of driving enthusiast, but the twisty runs of the I-80 up the Rockies back towards Wyoming were SO much fun on the way back. Even at speeds in and around 80 mph limit in Wyoming, mashing the gas pedal never failed to launch the M3LR like a rocket. I thought I knew what torque was with the Wrangler... and I'm sure real car connoisseurs would have criticisms I wouldn't be able to pick up on, but man, I could NOT wipe the grin from my face the entire trip back.

All told: 109 days between ordering and delivery. VIN received less than a week prior to pick up. EDD updates were a roller coaster of emotion, but ultimately we took delivery on the very last day of the original EDD provided to us in January. Only a couple days into ownership, but so far: TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Hang in there, all y'all
You have a gas pedal in your electric car?😜. Glad to hear the positive opinions on the red multi coat. My wife didn’t think I should upgrade but I love the color. Can’t wait. Down to a 2 week window but no VIN.

Just got the VIN this morning (249,xxx). EDD is now showing May 11th to 15th. Almost made it, y'all :)

M3LR | DBM | Black Interior | 18" Aero | No FSD
OD: 02/22/22
VIND: 05/09/22
EDD: 05/11-05/15
Pickup: Fremont, CA
It seems there's quite a few folks on this thread with very similar if not identical specs to my order getting their VIN assigned in the past day or two. Here's to hoping that I get one assigned as well very shortly!! 🤞😅

Not going to complain though since I will be going on vacation next week and will not be able to pick it up. I am only 'available' in the second half of my 2 week window.

Reactions: jpaychek and CEEV
Hello everyone,

Creating this thread to gather folks who have placed or will be placing a Model 3 order and seeking delivery in Vancouver or anywhere in BC.

My order
Model 3 LR / No FSD
Order Placed: March 2022
Original EDD: June 9 - July 21
Updated EDD: June 4 - July 9
No VIN yet