Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did it take people a while to hear anything from DCU after applying for a loan? I applied a week ago...I know they did a credit check as I got a notification about it, but I haven't heard anything from DCU at all. No email, no call, etc. Not sure if they are just really backed up or what.

GRADUATION DAY UPDATE:

Picked up Saturday afternoon from SLC after a 6hr drive from Laramie.

First: Red Multicoat looks absolutely gorgeous in person. Even the wife wholeheartedly agreed it was totally worth the upcharge.

Second: it looks like we got matrix headlights. I'm currently charging at home with the mobile charger, if that was still a question mark (OD and VIN in sig). I didn't notice anything on inspection, but frankly if it wasn't super obvious, we weren't going to make a fuss, we really just wanted to pick up and get out of there.

View attachment 802112

The SLC DC was filled to the brim and did have a *ton* of Model 3s so hopefully some of you SLC'rs will be getting VINs and DDs scheduled. We drove down in a Wrangler 4xe and it was tight navigating that lot...

For my red multicoats brethren, I did see at least one other red M3 (black interior) on the lot, and my wife said she saw another one (but it might've been a MY).

Finally, after driving the more than 300 miles home, I cannot fully convey how much of a blast this thing is to drive. I'm by no means any sort of driving enthusiast, but the twisty runs of the I-80 up the Rockies back towards Wyoming were SO much fun on the way back. Even at speeds in and around 80 mph limit in Wyoming, mashing the gas pedal never failed to launch the M3LR like a rocket. I thought I knew what torque was with the Wrangler... and I'm sure real car connoisseurs would have criticisms I wouldn't be able to pick up on, but man, I could NOT wipe the grin from my face the entire trip back.

All told: 109 days between ordering and delivery. VIN received less than a week prior to pick up. EDD updates were a roller coaster of emotion, but ultimately we took delivery on the very last day of the original EDD provided to us in January. Only a couple days into ownership, but so far: TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Hang in there, all y'all
Man, I’m so happy we went with red as well! Looks amazing! Glad you got your car, what a nice way to break it in and get familiar with it too!

Interesting. For what it's worth, I went to the pickup location this morning and they confirmed that the car had not arrived yet. So it wasn't one of the ones sitting there with a sticker over the port. Seems weird IMO, since I've had a VIN and a May 8-14 delivery window for nearly a week ... given the need to inspect, etc, you'd think it would have to already be on site for them to give such a nearby window?

Was pushed back to May 9-15 this morning, but I'm getting nervous it's going to be longer. Making matters worse, the 238 VIN suggests this could be an old headlight model. Really putting a damper on the "OMG, my delivery date was pushed up" excitement.

Just wish I knew what was going on. There's a difference between being mad about a pushback (I wouldn't be) and needing to make plans based on one (I don't own a car, so I'm renting until my Tesla is ready, etc).
I have a 235 vin and I have the matrix headlights so you may get em. Not sure where that cutoff was. There's a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread with info on that. The older builds are the ones with em...the newer ones have them omitted but again, there's a cutoff as I've heard they're showing up again in the higher vins so it looks like it was a very temporary supply chain issue. That or someone found a box of the old ones and said hey, we need to get rid of these...🤣

• Funny
Reactions: jpaychek
Where do you go to look at the rates?

See where it says APR.

1652116440315.png

Did it take people a while to hear anything from DCU after applying for a loan? I applied a week ago...I know they did a credit check as I got a notification about it, but I haven't heard anything from DCU at all. No email, no call, etc. Not sure if they are just really backed up or what.
Check your email. I didn't get any notification outside of the credit pull until this showed up--dcu.png planning to give them a buzz to figure out what my actual rate is.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
I am getting ready to apply for financing does anybody know if Teslas partners typically have better rates? What have y’all’s experience been with financing

Thanks
First post here. I have had a very favorable experience with them. For example, I own my home, have no debt, or record of delinquent payments. But I have NO recent large loans and hence was denied by my bank. My Tesla loan approval took seconds and was very, very competitive.

Good luck.
Masterblaster
OD 03/07 | M3LR | MSM | EDD 5/11 - 6/18 | Pickup: Portland, OR

Check your email. I didn't get any notification outside of the credit pull until this showed up--View attachment 802175 planning to give them a buzz to figure out what my actual rate is.

First post here. I have had a very favorable experience with them. For example, I own my home, have no debt, or record of delinquent payments. But I have NO recent large loans and hence was denied by my bank. My Tesla loan approval took seconds and was very, very competitive.

Good luck.
Masterblaster
OD 03/07 | M3LR | MSM | EDD 5/11 - 6/18 | Pickup: Portland, OR
I'm thinking you need your VIN number and loan documents to get fully approved. Have both of you guys done this? I'm assuming CEEV has (hence the email).

edit: For DCU. For Tesla, you do not need a VIN. Tesla locks you in for 60 days.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Junior86
I'm thinking you need your VIN number and loan documents to get fully approved. Have both of you guys done this? I'm assuming CEEV has (hence the email).I got approved immediately after completing the online application questions. No VIN required when using the Tesla loan process for me.
I got approved immediately by Tesla after answering only a few questions, like Gross Income etc. No VIN since I applied as part of my order process.

I applied on Tue 05/03 and received an e-mail on Fri 05/06 advising additional documents are required (requesting the MVPA that Tesla provides once a VIN is assigned).

I have a 235 vin and I have the matrix headlights so you may get em. Not sure where that cutoff was. There's a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread with info on that. The older builds are the ones with em...the newer ones have them omitted but again, there's a cutoff as I've heard they're showing up again in the higher vins so it looks like it was a very temporary supply chain issue. That or someone found a box of the old ones and said hey, we need to get rid of these...🤣
The spreadsheet to which you're referring said 238 VINs were in the clear. However, there were at least two separate posts in that thread that said they had 238 VINs and old headlights. So I can't yet celebrate or panic.

I do plan to ask my SA soon, but I'd rather do so in person. Don't want to get a "policy text" or have it get escalated to someone less willing to help.

Reactions: jpaychek