Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA called a little bit ago, someone was on vacation and couldn’t take delivery so I snatched their VIN 😎. Confirmed Matrix headlights! Picking up Wednesday!!! 🤩🤩

For anyone picking up at Glendale, the lot is pretty bare, I’m assuming they’re about to get another shipment of cars within the week.

Sending good vibes to all my AZ buddies! I’ll let you guys know how it goes 🤩

Wow I don't know how to respond. Did you order before us?
Somebody else ordered your same configuration in Colorado, to be delivered to your delivery location. The car was delivered, but refused by the buyer. Or their financing fell through. Something. So there's Tesla with a car at your delivery location. What to do with it? Look to see who next has the same configuration and is taking delivery at your location. That turned out to be you. Congratulations.

Not sure why you need that
The last six digits are used to get a sense of the timing of your vehicle build. It also works as an indication of what features are on cars in and around your serial number. So by giving those three digits, people can say "There were a thousand vehicles built at about the 251xxx serial numbers that had those features and are being delivered, etc." Nobody is trying to spy on you or trying to do anything nefarious.

Somebody else ordered your same configuration in Colorado, to be delivered to your delivery location. The car was delivered, but refused by the buyer. Or their financing fell through. Something. So there's Tesla with a car at your delivery location. What to do with it? Look to see who next has the same configuration and is taking delivery at your location. That turned out to be you. Congratulations.

The last six digits are used to get a sense of the timing of your vehicle build. It also works as an indication of what features are on cars in and around your serial number. So by giving those three digits, people can say "There were a thousand vehicles built at about the 251xxx serial numbers that had those features and are being delivered, etc." Nobody is trying to spy on you or trying to do anything nefarious.

Right.

Refused by buyer, buyer wasn't available during pickup window, buyer backed out (maybe bought another car), etc..

I graduated this afternoon! Pick up from PDX went smooth. No gaps, and only a couple of smudges on the headliner which they cleaned on the spot. Oh yeah, mine also came with matrix/global lamps as well as mobile connector. SA said they are delivering mobile connectors with every Tesla until the end of June. VIN 251xxx

Attachments

• 1BB759FB-C59C-4DC4-8BD2-0CE7B3AF34AB.jpeg
    1BB759FB-C59C-4DC4-8BD2-0CE7B3AF34AB.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 85
Apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but will it make a difference at all in taking delivery sooner if I change my pickup location from Sunnyvale to Fremont? Obviously, Sunnyvale is the closest location to me but not opposed to going a few miles further to pickup in Fremont. Thanks!

It seems (I could be totally off base here) that all of the cars awaiting the ecu are being supplied west to east. Every post I’ve read about the being pushed back a day everyday and finally being assigned a pickup day seems to be on or very near the west coast. Like I said I could be wrong and very well may have missed some posts but it’s just my observation. I guess that would make since if they’re coming from fremont but then again it’s not the way they ship cars so I dunno…just spitballing here. Nothing better to do lol

Thank you.
I wish I would have known this, I rushed. I will see if I can still cancel the order or else will just keep it.
Did anyone of you did ceramic or ppf film or DIY?

Not doing PPF. Don’t feel it’s worth the cost. I’ll just deal with rock chips like I always have with every single other car I’ve owned.

For ceramic coating, I’ll DIY it as soon as we get a nice stretch of dry weather.

It seems (I could be totally off base here) that all of the cars awaiting the ecu are being supplied west to east. Every post I’ve read about the being pushed back a day everyday and finally being assigned a pickup day seems to be on or very near the west coast. Like I said I could be wrong and very well may have missed some posts but it’s just my observation. I guess that would make since if they’re coming from fremont but then again it’s not the way they ship cars so I dunno…just spitballing here. Nothing better to do lol
I gotta say I agree with your observations. I know quite a few cases like mine in Vancouver and seattle. Tho no one I know in this situation was able to schedule a delivery date yet.

OK taking delivery in a couple days!......working to figure out how to make it work.

WOW!!!! Ready Set GO!!!!!!
OK so there was a cancellation. We put ourselves on a FIRST AVAILABLE list (we were 2nd) if something went "sour" with an order.
Okay now I just openly resent you. My exact car ordered 1.5 months later and not only do they have a vin. You can pick it up tomorrow. Start working the phones COmike. No time to blog!
Same thing.....we got a cancelled order.
Wow I don't know how to respond. Did you order before us?

I was totally anticipating getting the car late fall but it just happened to happen for us now.

Not sure if it is even real.
If you did not...you should talk to an advisor that you worked with to put you on a list if things fall through. It seems to be working for us!

What are the last 6 digits (you can ”x” the last 3 for privacy… ie if they are “251234” can write as “251xxx”)?

They probably saw I was in New Mexico and laughed. Regardless, hope your pickup goes well.
Not certain how it works. Our SA told us it would take a LONG time to get delivery but if we were willing to act "soon" some folks cant take delivery.

We said first one in "You get with same options....we will take it"

I just got off the phone with COS TESLA and this is what happened for us.

Very nice. Pumped for ya!
Thanks!
My SA called a little bit ago, someone was on vacation and couldn’t take delivery so I snatched their VIN 😎. Confirmed Matrix headlights! Picking up Wednesday!!! 🤩🤩

For anyone picking up at Glendale, the lot is pretty bare, I’m assuming they’re about to get another shipment of cars within the week.

Sending good vibes to all my AZ buddies! I’ll let you guys know how it goes 🤩
Same thing on our end......I confirmed MATRIX headlights and all our options! Which are zero .......

Yup .....I 110% believe and JUST confirmed with the local TESLA SA folks.....someone passed on this build and we were the 2nd person on the list to take delivery. We simply lucked out for what we want.
Right.

Refused by buyer, buyer wasn't available during pickup window, buyer backed out (maybe bought another car), etc..
Yup confirmed.....local client backed out....we were next in line so took advantage of it.

Got assigned vin yesterday, 252xxx. Called SA today and he said my car rolled off the floor yesterday and should have matrix headlights but can't confirm officially.

But he did confirmed I have a functional charge port out of factory and has mobile charger.

Financing wise I recommend Affinity Credit Union. Rate is 1.89% for 36 mo as of today and I got that.

They also have a savings account with 2% APY for balance less than 5K.

Basically you get to have your cake and eat it too, borrow at sub 2% interest rate AND get 2% for your savings.

Application process was easy and only had to pay a one time $5 donation to a nonprofit to be eligible. Agent was very friendly too.

Very odd that we are getting these so quickly after the back and forth after the JUNE things that happened!.....
Ours is 5yj3

Definitely picking up in COS
I'm picking up an identical car (MSM, Black, Aero, No FSD) in COS tomorrow. It's been a battle, to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if my car was assigned to you. :(

Problems getting a trade-in re-assessed, which held up insurance, then today they asked for more pictures of the trade-in. Apparently they can't take ACH (from me) for the final payment, so I'll have to go to the bank. I'm sure it's worth it, but sheesh...

Reactions: ColoradoMike
I gotta say I agree with your observations. I know quite a few cases like mine in Vancouver and seattle. Tho no one I know in this situation was able to schedule a delivery date yet.
Yea and it’s strange that there is no mention of this in the media. When I search all I get is articles from when they were shipping without usb ports. I can’t find anything about this online.

Took delivery this morning at 9am. Matrix headlights, Ryzen, Mobile Connector. Panel gaps were excellent. Paint (White) was excellent. Leather (White) was clean and perfect. I printed out an extensive delivery checklist. I TRIED to find something…anything wrong. Nada. Zippo. The car was perfect. The experience was so good that I was shocked, frankly. I am beyond happy with the fit and finish and every USB port, every seat adjustment switch, all door handles, you name it, they were close to perfect. Because I had a long list of things to test out, it did take awhile for delivery. My SA let me in the car before I had to accept delivery in the app. Swapping out the 18” Aeros for 19” satin black sport wheels.

So…anyone that wants a brand new set of FOUR (4) of the 2022 Model 3 18” Aero wheels/tires/tpms let me know!!